N35 - The Next Console From Gph?


sbock

Chaos is our mode and modus
Joined
Dec 22, 2005
Messages
3,778
Location
Germany
I found some interesting news at GPH's FunGP page:

http://fungp.co.kr/

I discovered a Korean pdf file for developers including the following informations:

-The project name for the next GPH console is N35

-The N35 uses a new ini system which is compatible to the Wiz. Beside icon and name there is a banner (305 x 57 pixel) and a group ( e.g. games or application):

Banner.jpg


Code:
[info]
Name=”돌려라 파티쉐”
Path=”/kaiten/kaiten.gpe"
Icon=”/kaiten/icon.png”
Title=”/kaiten/title.png”
Group=GAME

-There are hints for force feedback and accelerometers.

-It seems there will be a joystick with push function (like the F-100) and another select button.

I think one purpose of this document is to define some guidelines for devs to get compatible applications for Wiz and N35.

Download.

My Korean is a little bit rusty, so I don't know if all this informations are correct... ;)
 

Attachments

  • Banner.jpg
    Banner.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 144
Wow, nice find sbock :) .
At least this means the new console will be backwards compatible with the Wiz.

Edit: So it'll be the gpn35 I'm guessing. Or the gp2xn35.
Or the gp2xWizN35.
:eek:
 
GPH really suck if they release one console each years.
The Wiz was release last year.
I hope it's not really a new console.
 
Azerty16 said:
GPH really suck if they release one console each years.
The Wiz was release last year.
I hope it's not really a new console.

or that they won't release it untill next year or later.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Joystick push-button and 'force-feedback' (vibration). You may be right.

Damn :(.
 
Look at the naming.

GP2X was an obvious cash-in on the success of the GP32
Wiz was taken to cash in on the Wii-style name
N35...

Yeah, could be a phone ;-)

D.
 
Lets see if it comes out before the Pandora! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

My money is on the N35 coming first! DAMN PANDORA! DAMN!

WIZ reminds me of taking a piss!

A phone is a good idea - maybe. Using OpenMoko software maybe.
 
If it's going to be a phone it'll probably be using android, making it unattractive to me. But more phones with decent game controls is a good thing!
 
klikklak said:
If it's going to be a phone it'll probably be using android, making it unattractive to me. But more phones with decent game controls is a good thing!

Android playing Wiz games?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just find it very unlikely that they'd be able to develop a phonestack. With GPH skills, seriously :) That means that they'll have to use someone elses code and that leaves just android and meego, and meego is so new that they're not going to go for it. Then again, who knows, maybe they'll just go the MID route with bluetooth tethering.

EDIT: OK, I keep forgetting that there are noname linux phones around too. I suppose that's the most likely one, unfortunately it also means that it'll be borderline unusable. :) Anyone know how they get cellular radios work with those? Just proprietary drivers from the manufacturers? If so, why did OpenMoko have such a hard time?
 
I think this whole 'GPH is shit' thing is getting a bit old. Thanks to Tony Han, communication is better (this was proved with the last minute changes to the Wiz), and GPH seem to be much more on top of things than when the gp2x was released. Sure, they cock up every now and then, but they seem to be much more professional since the Wiz's release.
 
Oh I didn't mean to get in to that. It's just that they're not well known for their software prowess. I do think they did a good job with the wiz release and communication. But phonestacks as far as I know (I don't) are complex and highly protected. But maybe that's just the high end, if they're aiming at the low end, maybe they can leverage their existing code for it. But seriously, would you like a wiz with added cellular radio? Imagine texting with it. Web access? I think going the android route and upping the spec generally would create a much more competitive product.
 
klikklak said:
Oh I didn't mean to get in to that. It's just that they're not well known for their software prowess. I do think they did a good job with the wiz release and communication. But phonestacks as far as I know (I don't) are complex and highly protected. But maybe that's just the high end, if they're aiming at the low end, maybe they can leverage their existing code for it. But seriously, would you like a wiz with added cellular radio? Imagine texting with it. Web access? I think going the android route and upping the spec generally would create a much more competitive product.

Long before the split (GamePark <--> GPH), Way back in 2002. Gamepark had a prototype device based on the GP32, But had an integrated phone, PIM, Touchscreen, Web browser etc, And was linux based.

gpi5.jpg


More info about the GPI here.

Trooper
 
Last edited by a moderator:
quote said:
I think this whole 'GPH is shit' thing is getting a bit old. Thanks to Tony Han, communication is better (this was proved with the last minute changes to the Wiz), and GPH seem to be much more on top of things than when the gp2x was released. Sure, they cock up every now and then, but they seem to be much more professional since the Wiz's release.


+100
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be seriously tempted by a Wiz phone. I'd take a guess at it having no 3G/HSDPA though. Look at that, I'm making guesses about a product we're only guessing exists.
 
quote said:
I think this whole 'GPH is shit' thing is getting a bit old. Thanks to Tony Han, communication is better (this was proved with the last minute changes to the Wiz)
What last minute changes do you mean?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Right d-pad --> seperate buttons
2.5mm headphone socket --> 3.5 socket

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/43869-the-wiz-gets-proper-buttons-and-a-3-5mm-headphone-jack/
 
Last edited by a moderator:
quote said:
Right d-pad --> seperate buttons
2.5mm headphone socket --> 3.5 socket

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/43869-the-wiz-gets-proper-buttons-and-a-3-5mm-headphone-jack/
ROFL, never knew they planned to use a 2.5mm headphone socket. And here's a good quote from Exophase:

Exophase said:
Anyone who thinks this was a deliberate stunt is giving GPH way too much credit. It's almost definitely exactly what it is - a bad design choice that resulted in a bunch of people beating them over the head to fix it.

There are so many other thinks where they didn't listen. It's like making a console which has half a dozen mistakes including two especially stupid. Then you fix those two because everyone is complaining like hell. IMHO that's not good communication. It's just saving their own jobs since who would have bought the Wiz without proper buttons and a 2.5mm headphone jack?

Don't get me wrong, I like Tony Han, he's doing a great job. But I still think people have their point whenever they call GPH shit.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top