Release Boson-X

So, I saw, that Boson X has 6 C4A-entries.

Furthermore you and alexandre had uploaded scores.

I want, too! How do I get it to work?

So, I saw, that Boson X has 6 C4A-entries.

Furthermore you and alexandre had uploaded scores.

I want, too! How do I get it to work?
Wait, wait

Alexandre is my soon, and he is my official tester :)

Coming soon in a repo near you, among other things  B)

Wait, wait
BUT I DON'T WANT!!! :p
Uh, that was in fact my guess!Does he have his own Pandora?

I saw, that Boson-X tries to load scores, too. As fusilli is able to does this, to... But even submitting C4A scores would be so AWESOME.

Looking forward to beat your son!Uhm... You know, what I mean...

Greetings,

Ziz

Wait, wait
BUT I DON'T WANT!!! :p
Almost there, just last minute testing and the time to upload :)

Uh, that was in fact my guess!
Does he have his own Pandora?

I saw, that Boson-X tries to load scores, too. As fusilli is able to does this, to... But even submitting C4A scores would be so AWESOME.
Yep, He has is own. I have 2 soons (Alexandre and Loic2003). Alexandre has a CC and is testing mostly everything I do (that is game related), and Loic has my initial Rebirth (and use codeblocks).

I have put only pushing score in boson-X, as I didn't want to alter the original code to much, and especialy didn't want to remove orginal code for uploading/downling score to put C4A.

Looking forward to beat your son!
Uhm... You know, what I mean...

Greetings,

Ziz
Yeah, but you know he has unlocked and finished all level (meaning more than 100% on everyone), :) So that will not be easy ;)

Looking forward to beat your son!

Uhm... You know, what I mean...
Yeah, but you know he has unlocked and finished all level (meaning more than 100% on everyone), :) So that will not be easy ;)
I have more than 100% in 5 levels. At some point in time I lost the interest in solving the last level - but now I have a new motivation. :D

So, here it is, boson-x with C4A score upload.

Note that I have kept the original upload/dowload scoring, and just added a c4a upload upon it.

Build 04

-----------

• C4A Enabled! Using fusilli client (with cache for offline score upload).

Last edited by a moderator:
Works fine!

However if you play a LOT of games a LOT of scores will be submitted.

How about this idea:

A parameter "--best-of-cache" for the fusilli client. In that case I would keep only ONE score of this game in the cache (the best one).

Works fine!

However if you play a LOT of games a LOT of scores will be submitted.

How about this idea:

A parameter "--best-of-cache" for the fusilli client. In that case I would keep only ONE score of this game in the cache (the best one).
Yeah, sound good. But why not include this inside "standard" --cache? Also, this "best of cache" will be effective only if offline or if online you check to not resubmit?

Yeah, sound good. But why not include this inside "standard" --cache?
How about this:
  • --cache does check, for a better cached value and updates it if necessary
  • --multicache does, what --cache does atm
Also, this "best of cache" will be effective only if offline or if online you check to not resubmit?
That would be the same as --test-me. That would make it quite complex to support both at the same time. I think just checking for the cache is fine. So you submit only one score per "session". ;)
Greetings,

Ziz

Yeah, sound good. But why not include this inside "standard" --cache?
How about this:
  • --cache does check, for a better cached value and updates it if necessary
  • --multicache does, what --cache does atm
Also, this "best of cache" will be effective only if offline or if online you check to not resubmit?
That would be the same as --test-me. That would make it quite complex to support both at the same time. I think just checking for the cache is fine. So you submit only one score per "session". ;)

Greetings,

Ziz
Looks fine yeah.

@Ziz, also, you can also do that behavour:

use --offline-cache to cache and not try to send anything

and a send command.

So, I game, I do "./fusilli --offline-cache push mygame score" many time, nothing is send, only best score is kept

At the end of the game, in the runscript, I add "./fusilli send" to (try) send the data only at the end.

What do you think?

@Ziz, also, you can also do that behavour:

use --offline-cache to cache and not try to send anything

and a send command.

So, I game, I do "./fusilli --offline-cache push mygame score" many time, nothing is send, only best score is kept

At the end of the game, in the runscript, I add "./fusilli send" to (try) send the data only at the end.

What do you think?
Done.
A new version is online and needs some more tests. But seems to work fine. What did I change:

• --multicache does now, what --cache did before (Caching everything it get if no connection is available).
  • --cache does check, whether a better score is already in the cache. Then nothing happens. Otherwise the "cache line" is updated with the new score.
  • --backwardscache does the same as --cache, but it assumes, that a better score is smaller. ;)
  • If you pass a timeout of 0 (e.g. fusilli --cache yourgame 12345 0), it doesn't even try to submit, but writes directly to the cache (if enabled and if necessary) (this is your suggested --offline-cache).
Your mentioned "fusilli send" command did already exist and is called "fusilli emptycache" ;)
Greetings,

Ziz

Looks nice Ziz, will test it on bosonx (and then notpacman, to test the --backwardscache) soon (just to be sure, --cache, is cache is empty or that game is not present, just put the score in the cache right?).

Looks nice Ziz, will test it on bosonx (and then notpacman, to test the --backwardscache) soon
Looking forward to hear, how it is going. :D
(just to be sure, --cache, is cache is empty or that game is not present, just put the score in the cache right?).
Of course. ;)

Ok, Implemented, new build on the repo.

Build 05

-----------

• Improved C4A using newest fusilli client: only best scores of the session will be send

Back