Release Boson-X

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Boson-X, an action game using the lotech engine.

preview1.png
This port is non official, but I have the agreement of the author to distribute it on the repo.

History log

=========

Build 05

-----------

• Improved C4A using newest fusilli client: only best scores of the session will be send
Build 04

-----------

• C4A Enabled! Using fusilli client (with cache for offline score upload).
Build 03

-----------

• {Start} is now same as "Enter" and can be used to start a game
  • Emergency quit is now {Select}-q
  • Version compatibles with latest SGX drivers
Build 02

-----------

• {A}/{B}/{Y} mirror the DPad and can be used now
  • Shoulder button can also be used (use both to jump straight)
Build 01

-----------

• Initial release
  • Port of lotech engine to SDL (using existing GLES1 version)
  • Online score should works
  • Game Data untouched

Enjoy the game :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Humm... this looks interesting

Going to check that one out =D

*repo Im coming...*

Sir, the bathroom it at the end of that hall.

*run*

edit:

Sees "start", presses start, game exits... hmm...

kidding aside, this is a nice game.

Sir, the bathroom it at the end of that hall.

*run*

edit:

Sees "start", presses start, game exits... hmm...

kidding aside, this is a nice game.
Ooops, sory, I should have mentionned that, I used {Start} button to immediatly exit lotech engine (what is the SDLKey of the Pandora button?).

Just press Enter and prepare your reflexes, but you already figure-it out.

plays like a surreal more advanced version of canabalt, really fun game!
Yes, exactly. My kids loves it :)

About Online scoring.

Of course it should be possible to switch from the integrated leaderboard to C4A (at least I assume it is, I haven't looked at it, but it's lua, so it shouldn't be too different from Not Tetris), but that will make 6 new entries on c4a...

Also, I'll need 6 marquees for it, as there is 6 worlds to unlock (see http://www.boson-x.com/ for the names of the levels).

I think the Pandorabutton is the super/windows key.

New update on the repo. I added many keys. So the buttons of the Pandora can be used, and the Shoulder button too.

Build 02

-----------

• {A}/{B}/{Y} mirror the DPad and can be used now
  • Shoulder button can also be used (use both to jump straight)

Usually I am too slow for these kind of games, but I can really feel how I am making progress and become better the longer I play. This makes it really addictive! Also the music alone makes it worth playing (and it looks fantastic, too), I really love it! :)

I think it does not work with the 4.10 driver, at least the first build was just showing a black screen the last time I tried. (No big deal though, I stay with 4.03 for now anyway)

I used SDL+eglport. This combinaison doesn't seems to works with 4.10. I'll try to investigate soon (I used this combinaison quite often).

You might have to use direct framebuffer mode with eglport to make it work with this driver if you are not already doing that.

I think notaz mentioned something like this.

I sincerely want to pay for this game! :) have been playing it on PC Linux too.

Thanks for the port.

New version. Refined a bit the controls and make the egl context compatible by default with latest drivers.

Build 03

-----------

• {Start} is now same as "Enter" and can be used to start a game
  • Emergency quit is now {Select}-q
  • Version compatibles with latest SGX drivers

Thank you ptitSeb. The Radion level is crazy... still can not manage to pass that level.

edit: passed that. Now trying the next weird level, But I keep ricocheting off walls, or plainly slam into them, or jump into the void, expecting there will be a pad there, but it does not form there.

I have been playing it a bit today and it's a really fun game. Like Monkfish wrote, an advance version of the great Canabalt.

Thanks!

Thank you ptitSeb. The Radion level is crazy... still can not manage to pass that level.
My kid has unlocked all levels... but hasn't beaten the last one yet :)
I stock at the same point! All levels unlocked, but the last one is really tough.However, this is a very addictive and awesome game! Thanks for that. :D

Edit: You thought about C4A support. I made a library for C4A, may I help you with the C4A support? C4A for this game would be really awesome!

Back