Bob''s Game

'atomicthumbs' said:
Link to skip to the important part:

CODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUSjogQW8-U#t=4m23s
th-th-th-that EVIL NINTENDO

Last edited by a moderator:
I RLY love the music in the 1st part. With the speech its even cooler. :)
Is the music made by him? I just love it!!!!

Oh.. and I don#t care about bob or his game or what ever. But the track is cool

'atomicthumbs' said:
I wonder if it's DS-exclusive or if we're gonna get a Pandora port. :p
I got a response from him on with of the videos comments that he will bring it to the Pandora if he can... I think I even managed to put myself in the queue to be tester... :lol:

And this stage 90 video cleared a few loose ends for me... but I had this mostly figured out when we realised he hadn't killed himself...

Has it not been 100 days yet? I (and I bet a lot of other people here) would have been a LOT more interested in this game if he just kept it as it was at the start. "I've spent 5 years making a game on my own for the DS, I think it's going to be pretty good, here are some videos"....at that point I was really looking forward to it, now its a bit kind of, meh....

Robert Pelloni is a Viral genius. He had most of the internet buying into it. All because his super large genius Viral Ad Campaign.

I have no doubt the game is real. And I'm sure Nintendo was in on this promotional stunt. When thinking about it now. Because if they weren't, I'm pretty sure the Site would have been forced to shut down by Nintendo legal team.

Now I want to hear some actual news on this game. Cause Robert Pelloni has got me hook line and sinker on this one (for now).

Omg I just discovered this.
Despite this thread being open all this time, I never actually took the time to check it out properly..

I would buy a DS just to play this! :lol:

I'm actually very inspired now, I might boot into Xubuntu and do some programming...
Not that I ever finish anything :rolleyes:

ok
1) where did Stage 94 go? Yesterday was stage 93, today is stage 95?
2) Now he's just being a total dick (as opposed to the questionable dick). "It's a game" "It's a viral ad!" "or is it....?"

'WizardStan' said:
ok
1) where did Stage 94 go? Yesterday was stage 93, today is stage 95?
2) Now he's just being a total dick (as opposed to the questionable dick). "It's a game" "It's a viral ad!" "or is it....?"

1. He's skipped over a couple of times, because he didn't get around to updating the counter on previous days. The counter should be automatic, but it seems he wants to do it manually so that he can make sure he has the update ready.
  2. Clearly this is just to add to the "I'm the last boss" idea. And also suggests the alien are controlling him (in the game). But it's also fuel for the fire to those that either haven't worked it out, haven't bothered to watch the recent videos, or still aren't sure either way wtf is going on.

hahaha those hilarious tigsource guys! always cracking me up. just hilarious. masters of comedy, as you can tell by their penis references. LOL! just like the 4chan. and now purposely over complicated explanations and memes? hilarious! lmao. so fuuny.

Why in the world is everyone getting so worked up about this? I find it hilarious just because it's so ridiculous. It's generally good form to know when not to take things seriously.

'Yrx' said:
Why in the world is everyone getting so worked up about this? I find it hilarious just because it's so ridiculous. It's generally good form to know when not to take things seriously.
I feel the need to post something besides "+1" or "QFT" here, but I cannot think of anything.
If the game even exists, this will all be good fun, IMO - if you do not like it, no one is forcing you to play it, or even go to the website.

'Tom`' said:
'Yrx' said:
I feel the need to post something besides "+1" or "QFT" here, but I cannot think of anything.
If the game even exists, this will all be good fun, IMO - if you do not like it, no one is forcing you to play it, or even go to the website.

no, but he is using the pandora and its members just to ramp up hype for his shit- do you honestly think this game is coming to it?

'PoisonedV' said:
'Tom`' said:
'Yrx' said:

no, but he is using the pandora and its members just to ramp up hype for his shit- do you honestly think this game is coming to it?

I think that argument does not hold up, given the niche status of the Pandora. It is hard to generate "hype" by making three mentions of an obscure unreleased system in less-than-prominent places on your website. Far more people will be enticed by the mention of iPhone and Android ports. If all he wanted was "hype," why not say "PSP" instead of "Pandora?"

That said, of course, I am not entirely sure the game even exists, and there is reason to doubt that everything he says is true. But if the game does exist, and it was created solely by him, why not? It is not like other non-free game developers have not expressed interest in the Pandora.

lets see
- because hes lied about tons of things
- because if he actually has a publishing contract with nintendo, which it appears is the case, it isnt too likely that theyll let a game this involved with them onto other handhelds
- it's relies heavily on a 2 screen mechanic, which would be hard to do on pandora even with its huge resolution- the dimensions just arent right

'PoisonedV' said:
lets see
- because hes lied about tons of things
Point. I did make allowance for this in my response.
'PoisonedV' said:
- because if he actually has a publishing contract with nintendo, which it appears is the case, it isnt too likely that theyll let a game this involved with them onto other handhelds
Facts not in evidence. If you have anything to back this up, I would be interested to see it. Note that first, there is no evidence that he has such a contract, and second, Nintendo has close to 100 million DSes in the wild, and it seems rather unlikely that they would care about three thousand Pandoras that are not even built yet. Also there's the iPhone/Android thing.
'PoisonedV' said:
If he did the game
- it's relies heavily on a 2 screen mechanic, which would be hard to do on pandora even with its huge resolution- the dimensions just arent right
Again, proof? Just because the DS has two screens does not mean every DS game, particularly this one, depends on two screens. Even if it did, is he not the primary developer? Given his resources, reworking the game to support the Pandora's screen and control configuration would almost certainly be a simple matter.

No, I think that _if_ we assume that Bob is telling the truth insofar as there is a game, that he solely developed, that ports of the game to any platform he advertises have at least a very good chance of appearing.

Source for DS sales figure: CODE
www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2009/090129e.pdf
(check page 11)

'Mithrildor' said:
Lets stop talking about bob... Bob is a really sad dude. And the last thing what I dont get is that he didnt even asked Nintendo about a WiiWare/DSiWare release.
You're obviously TOTALLY missing the point. He wanted to release the game as a commercial game for the DS. If you spent 5 years writing a game, pouring tons of time and effort into it, you wouldn't really want to release it as a measly DSiWare game (a service which is probably going to be terrible) or a WiiWare game (as he didn't write bob's game for a console). Releasing it on a Nintendo device isn't his goal at this point - he wants to get it released for the DS.

'Tom`' said:
'PoisonedV' said:
If he did the game
Again, proof? Just because the DS has two screens does not mean every DS game, particularly this one, depends on two screens. Even if it did, is he not the primary developer? Given his resources, reworking the game to support the Pandora's screen and control configuration would almost certainly be a simple matter.

No, I think that _if_ we assume that Bob is telling the truth insofar as there is a game, that he solely developed, that ports of the game to any platform he advertises have at least a very good chance of appearing.

Source for DS sales figure: CODE
www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2009/090129e.pdf
(check page 11)

well, i think youve got my second point but- in the video he explained indepth his 'dual screen' mechanic of bobs games and in-game bob's game on the second screen. it doesnt seem like switching out screens, or some other type of method would work

Yrx said:
He's going to a lot of trouble to spread misinformation about the video game industry. Iff it's all part of the game, then there's no problem: whee, good fun, you got me Bob, so on and so forth.
On the other hand, if he truly believes the things he's talking about, at least in part, then he could be doing a lot of damage. One crazy person says crazy things, and 99 out of 100 people realize it's crazy and ignore him. That 100th person, however, agrees it makes sense. Now there are two crazy people, convincing enough that of the next 100 people, 2 are convinced. It grows slowly, but eventually a large enough minority of people believe this totally stupid thing that it catches the media's attention. Suddenly the majority see it as fact: it must be true, the media is reporting on it! Public outcry follows, and everyone suffers.
99.999% of the time, this doesn't happen. People say stupid things and it goes nowhere, but there's always a small chance that the next person could be just charismatic enough, and armed with just the right set of "facts" to start the ball rolling.
In short, consider even the minor attacks of a madman a threat, because you can't afford to underestimate the stupidity of the masses.

Back