Bob''s Game

Discussion in 'Offtopic Discussions' started by PoisonedV, Oct 5, 2008.

1. arrrgh

arrrgh Newbie

th-th-th-that EVIL NINTENDO

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
  2. Creature XL

Creature XL Active Member

I RLY love the music in the 1st part. With the speech its even cooler. :)
    Is the music made by him? I just love it!!!!

Oh.. and I don#t care about bob or his game or what ever. But the track is cool

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
  3. PokeParadox

PokeParadox Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder Staff Member

I got a response from him on with of the videos comments that he will bring it to the Pandora if he can... I think I even managed to put myself in the queue to be tester... :lol:

And this stage 90 video cleared a few loose ends for me... but I had this mostly figured out when we realised he hadn't killed himself...

4. Bramrash

Bramrash Member

Has it not been 100 days yet? I (and I bet a lot of other people here) would have been a LOT more interested in this game if he just kept it as it was at the start. "I've spent 5 years making a game on my own for the DS, I think it's going to be pretty good, here are some videos"....at that point I was really looking forward to it, now its a bit kind of, meh....

5. nightwheel

nightwheel Member

Robert Pelloni is a Viral genius. He had most of the internet buying into it. All because his super large genius Viral Ad Campaign.

I have no doubt the game is real. And I'm sure Nintendo was in on this promotional stunt. When thinking about it now. Because if they weren't, I'm pretty sure the Site would have been forced to shut down by Nintendo legal team.

Now I want to hear some actual news on this game. Cause Robert Pelloni has got me hook line and sinker on this one (for now).

6. aaron11193

aaron11193 Hey Telstra, I Hate You.

Omg I just discovered this.
    Despite this thread being open all this time, I never actually took the time to check it out properly..

I would buy a DS just to play this! :lol:

I'm actually very inspired now, I might boot into Xubuntu and do some programming...
    Not that I ever finish anything :rolleyes:

7. WizardStan

WizardStan Mega GP Mania

ok
    1) where did Stage 94 go? Yesterday was stage 93, today is stage 95?
    2) Now he's just being a total dick (as opposed to the questionable dick). "It's a game" "It's a viral ad!" "or is it....?"

8. PokeParadox

PokeParadox Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder Staff Member

9. PoisonedV

PoisonedV Yeah, I'm a GIRL gamer, what of it?

hahaha those hilarious tigsource guys! always cracking me up. just hilarious. masters of comedy, as you can tell by their penis references. LOL! just like the 4chan. and now purposely over complicated explanations and memes? hilarious! lmao. so fuuny.

10. Yrx

Yrx the Happy Conqueror

Why in the world is everyone getting so worked up about this? I find it hilarious just because it's so ridiculous. It's generally good form to know when not to take things seriously.

11. Tom`

Tom` Very Active Member

I feel the need to post something besides "+1" or "QFT" here, but I cannot think of anything.
    If the game even exists, this will all be good fun, IMO - if you do not like it, no one is forcing you to play it, or even go to the website.

12. PoisonedV

13. Tom`

Tom` Very Active Member

14. PoisonedV

lets see
    - because hes lied about tons of things
    - because if he actually has a publishing contract with nintendo, which it appears is the case, it isnt too likely that theyll let a game this involved with them onto other handhelds
    - it's relies heavily on a 2 screen mechanic, which would be hard to do on pandora even with its huge resolution- the dimensions just arent right

15. Tom`

Tom` Very Active Member

Point. I did make allowance for this in my response.
    Facts not in evidence. If you have anything to back this up, I would be interested to see it. Note that first, there is no evidence that he has such a contract, and second, Nintendo has close to 100 million DSes in the wild, and it seems rather unlikely that they would care about three thousand Pandoras that are not even built yet. Also there's the iPhone/Android thing.
    Again, proof? Just because the DS has two screens does not mean every DS game, particularly this one, depends on two screens. Even if it did, is he not the primary developer? Given his resources, reworking the game to support the Pandora's screen and control configuration would almost certainly be a simple matter.

No, I think that _if_ we assume that Bob is telling the truth insofar as there is a game, that he solely developed, that ports of the game to any platform he advertises have at least a very good chance of appearing.

Source for DS sales figure: CODE
    www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2009/090129e.pdf
    (check page 11)

16. Mithrildor

Mithrildor I Haz Custom Title

Lets stop talking about bob... Bob is a really sad dude. And the last thing what I dont get is that he didnt even asked Nintendo about a WiiWare/DSiWare release.

17. Vorporeal

Vorporeal Yes, no, I, this is.

You're obviously TOTALLY missing the point. He wanted to release the game as a commercial game for the DS. If you spent 5 years writing a game, pouring tons of time and effort into it, you wouldn't really want to release it as a measly DSiWare game (a service which is probably going to be terrible) or a WiiWare game (as he didn't write bob's game for a console). Releasing it on a Nintendo device isn't his goal at this point - he wants to get it released for the DS.

18. PoisonedV

19. WizardStan

WizardStan Mega GP Mania

20. Phawx

Phawx Professional Derailer

I wish Yuu would end Bob.