Bob''s Game

Pretentious little SOB. Who does he think he is telling me what I will and won't like. "Any gamer will see it's great! Just play it!"
And it goes downhill from there. He could have gotten his point across without the "starving artist" routine.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthrea...mp;pagenumber=1

thread where bob actually talks about his game, only up to page 3 of 17, so I imagine he's gonna get owned by the the end of it, but just wanted to take back a couple of things I said.

I said it looked higher res than the 256*192 of a DS and I was wrong, as it is indeed running on a DS

Also, still massively unimpressed by the arrogance of what he was doing (or rather saying) on his site, basically slagging not just Nintendo (which I couldn't care less about) but also all other coders and game designers, but realise that's not enough to put me off the game.

Here's hoping that he gets something worked out as rethinking/getting over his ad campaign I salute his persistance at working on a game for so long, we need more one man coders doing commercial quality games - good on him :)

Two points:

1) He's got a new video out, which makes some things definitely more interesting.

2) I don't think this should be in Off Topic - it expressly says on his website that he'll be releasing it for the Pandora. I think that warrants this topic being in Pandora General, no?

Ok, I'm slightly less put off. Iff he actually does have Nintendo's blessing, that his game is coming out on DS and the whole stunt really has been nothing more than viral marketing, then I applaud the creativity of it. I had started believing that the rejection notice was legitimate, and that he genuinely felt the industry was conspiring against him.
If, on the other hand, he did not get the developer kit, and his rantings are at least in part truly felt, then he's just an idiot who doesn't know the industry he's trying to break into even a fraction of how he thinks he does.
I'm hoping the former so that I won't feel bad about wanting to get it.

The video makes things very interesting, as he outright says at the end that the website is just viral marketing. You have to try to discern which parts of the site are the real-life bob talking about his game, and which are the in-game bob talking about his in-game, best game ever made that in-game Nintendo/Gantendo refuses to publish. I'm pretty sure that the real-life bob has a real-life game that is going to be released by real-life Nintendo, but I'm not positive. We can't really be sure about anything right now. Guess we just have to wait till Stage 100 for the final (?) video.

Wow, this game is pretty deep. I mean, it shattered my whole image, of like, reality, and all those things, and now it's like "wow that's intense".

while i realized it was viral a while ago (right around christmas) (admittedly i did raeg first i still think its fucking stupid.)
also, what the christ? that stage 80 video contradicts itself every second. horrible writing.
oh my god 4:40 in and it just got worse
and here we go again, repeating ourselves then changing our stance and contradicting what we said 5 minutes ago
and bobs avatar, who obviously is a voice for him, is still the narcissistic douchebag on the early website
oh my god like the sixth edit but this is just really, really horrible. the video should have been 45 seconds, instead of dragging it on running out of things to say and showing how out of touch with humans he is
oh. no wonder all the comments were so positive- 'comment pending approval' oh well, i guess everyone else will be able to realize how terrible the writing is without me pointing it out
stage 90 video. writing isn't as bad but its still not great, and not in a funny, lovable 'cheesy' way but in a droning, obvious, unintelligent, boring way
alright, so is it possible to just play the game i originally thought this was rather than some stupid meta game?
oh my. the way this is being described makes it pretty obvious that its meant to be ds only.

CODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUSjogQW8-U#t=4m23s

In summary:

The whole thing about Bob's Game, website, faked webcam-death and all, was a viral ad set inside the world of the game, which is called Bob's Game.

In other words, Bob's Game is a viral ad for a different game, called Bob's Game, which is about Bob's Game.

I wonder if it's DS-exclusive or if we're gonna get a Pandora port. :p

Edit:

Thanks for merging my thread with this one. I didn't know it'd been moved to Offtopic. :)

Who cares, it honestly looks really boring and nothing special, and I still think that Bob is full of himself

What's with him and Nintendo? Why does he need to have it published by Nintendo? And the way that sounded went, he seems that "Oh, they won't release any good games, and obviously my game is a good game! Nintendo are such assholes!"

'arrrgh' said:
What's with him and Nintendo? Why does he need to have it published by Nintendo? And the way that sounded went, he seems that "Oh, they won't release any good games, and obviously my game is a good game! Nintendo are such assholes!"

watch the entire video :rolleyes:

'atomicthumbs' said:
'arrrgh' said:

watch the entire video :rolleyes:

yes, its 4 full minutes of bad dialog and transparent author character garbage

I really intended to watch all of that, but eight minutes? Man he is long winded. He goes on and on and on and on.

"At that moment it hit me.
I finally understood.
The real truth.
Suddenly it was clear..."

Gosh, shut the fk up and get to the point.

I'm interested in the game, I just hope it's not as tedious as his marketing.

bob's game is good
wanna know why?
it induced you to create this topic, and then to use a youtube link with the #t=XmYs parameter

and that is some good shit that i did not know before this

so good post

He might not be insane. But he is a dumbass. Nothing is going to repair what the stunt did to his reputation, and I doubt he even planned this.

Ironically, Nintendo actually do bring some innovation to the table, unlike the other two.

Back