Bob''s Game

PoisonedV

Yeah, I'm a GIRL gamer, what of it?
Website
Visit site
This is copy and pasted from the OP.org forums, crossposting being just another hassle of having both forums.
anyway:
Just wanted to inform everyone, and remind those who already knew, that Bob's Game is planning a Pandora port.
This was first posted in the closed source ports thread over at gp32x, and I just sent another email asking about it and he said:
CODE
"Yes! I've been talking to one of the Pandora team members about
exactly this :) I'll keep you updated."

Heres the first video, with gameplay and information, and heres the second
Here is the trailer.

The game is one of my favorite styles of games: RPG's, minus the combat. One of my favorite games, megaman battle network, was my favorite just because of the adventuring, exploration, and dialogue that occurred outsdie of battle. So, needless to say, I'm really excited.

This just in:
on selling the game:
"I'm going to aim for that, yes, but if I have to I could do something donation-based or shareware. :) It's more important to me that the most people play it, since I worked so hard on it, it's kind of a work of art to me. I'll let you know as I work this out, thank you!"

Last edited by a moderator:
hey

Looks impressive!

Seems quite fast pace.

edit
Just been watching more videos, I hope it comes to the Pandora, seems better than anything I've seen for quite a while and I would likely get it :). Maybe it's the modern day Zelda? I dunno, hehe.

another edit
I find it very much inspiring, I've always wanted to make my own game, but am yet to :\.

and another...
To anyone who isn't aware, another incredible feat is Doukutsu Monogatari / Cave Story, made entirely by one person and one of the best games I've ever played :).

cyas

Looks awesome... I do hope it makes it to Pandora!

On another note, for those after amazingly detailed indie games (and in this case, freeware, too), try Iji. Fantastic gameplay, solid story, and some of the most seamless "your actions matter" material I've seen.

teh_programerer said:
Very cool. I always thought he really wanted to get a publisher interested in his five year journey of a game?
he did. this is a commercial venture and the pandora version will be no exception.

PoisonedV said:
teh_programerer said:
Very cool. I always thought he really wanted to get a publisher interested in his five year journey of a game?
he did. this is a commercial venture and the pandora version will be no exception.

As much as you like to insult and assume... you shouldn't make claims that you have no factual info on. It might (and likely will) be a cost or commercial game for the pandora, but to say it like an existing fact... you are nothing but a pontificator (and insulting douchbag for the most part). You post a lot, but provide no value (yes, I see the irony here, so don't bother pointing that out in your douchy ways).

Why would he release bobsgame for the pandora for free, though? If it comes, it will cost. There's no way around that, but quite frankly, I'm cool with that.

I hope Nintendo doesn't try to bogart this title. I'm ready to drop some money on this and I'd rather play it on the pandora.

He deserves to be payed at least some, I mean, This is 5 years of his life we are talking about. (in the video you get to see his favorite cup and bottle scoot around on the desk :p )

im also planning on making a game with python and ogre3d its inspiring to see what is possible with just one person :D

TyBO! said:
That looks fantastic. It has that Eathbound vibe to it, which definitely isn't a bad thing. I'll cross my fingers for a Pandora release.
Oh yeah! Now that you said it, it DOES!

That game looks buckets of awesome! I really hope it comes to the Pandora, I would gladly pay for it if it did. About how much do you think it would cost?

Back