Blurp - The GP32X Downtime Status Thread

Yeah, I refuse to register or post on this forum <damn :eek: > as I think it a sad shadow of gp32x.de.
And kyosys was right - we get these problems because of the complaining that went on; fingers crossed the proper forum will be back soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonict said:
Maybe the Pandora will be out before that happens :p

+1 for that...

i don't mean to be harsh, but it been 2 weeks.....this is ridiculous......

DSR

And the downtime is right on cue for the wiz release. Maybe it is Chips fault after all! (sorry, just kidding, no offence to chip I hope) Anyway, it would be nice to read that "I just got my Wiz" thread.

WarmFluffyUK: Any updates to the status of gp32x.de?

Okay here's some news:

The server Hando uses has been down for over a week, because of this Hando has decided to take Ed up on his offer of hosting and has moved over to his server, either today or tomorrow Hando will move the database over and we should be back up and running this weekend.

This is really good news indeed, see you all there soon :)

Clare.

I'm not pleased that the site which is supposed to be neutral and cover all the GPH consoles as well as the Pandora is now hosted by someone on the Pandora team. As kind and nice as EvilDragon is, it is still a conflict of interests.

Peter R said:
I'm not pleased that the site which is supposed to be neutral and cover all the GPH consoles as well as the Pandora is now hosted by someone on the Pandora team. As kind and nice as EvilDragon is, it is still a conflict of interests.
I don't think there will be a conflict of interest at all as Ed is only giving Hando space on a server. Don't forget Ed is already a MOD on GP32X and has been for a very long time and if he wanted to sway the place towards the Pandora he could have done that a long time ago. It's not like Ed now owns the domain or anything.

Please give us a break Pete, we don't need unnecessary scaremongering like this as GP32X hasn't much luck over the past few weeks, try now and take a positive stance.

Thanks,
Clare.

Peter R said:
If anyone, ED is the most balanced about the whole thing. He's very active in the distribution of the Wiz, and has considirable influence in GPH :wink: .

There is no conflict, it just a scare tactic like fluffy said.
I mean my prototype wiz came from ED, yeah theres a conflict of interest there, yep for sure.

Cant wait until the server moves, should be much more stable

Also, big thumbs up on someone more active than Hando having FULL admin access to the server in case something goes SERIOUSLY wrong. I think this is a great change, and should be a massive improvement for GP32x.

Thank Fucking God. I seriously was beginning to think gp32x.de was screwed for good, and Hando was going to skip happily away with our donations.....LOL.

DSR

It seems every time I'm gone for a day or more nothing more gets accomplished. But at least it's good to know that it's on ED's server, I think that means he can switch servers in case of another DDOS right?

who said anyone would have more admin access? the forum would be the same as before, regardless of who the host is. If Hando gives Ed more access than before then so be it, but it will be exactly the same as before.

WarmFluffyUK said:
who said anyone would have more admin access? the forum would be the same as before, regardless of who the host is. If Hando gives Ed more access than before then so be it, but it will be exactly the same as before.

We can't afford for gp32x's bus number to be 1. It's a bad place to be, and it's what got us here in the first place.

I'm not saying it should be ED bringing that number up to two, but someone else other than hando has to have full access to the site and DB for the sake of long term stability.

/goes back to hide under his rock.

TrevorBradley said:
WarmFluffyUK said:

We can't afford for gp32x's bus number to be 1. It's a bad place to be, and it's what got us here in the first place.

I'm not saying it should be ED bringing that number up to two, but someone else other than hando has to have full access to the site and DB for the sake of long term stability.

He does own the forum and for years has ran it without problem. I get the feeling the recent problems was out of his control, and would obviously be out of any other admins control too. Give him credit where it is due, what has happened recently was pretty much out of the hands of him and any other admins. so no, an extra admin would not have solved this.

TrevorBradley said:
Or under a bus...

An internet forum pales in importance to a person's life, I can't believe you would push on such a selfish and macabre argument again and again.

Back