Blurp - The GP32X Downtime Status Thread

I don't know where you get these ideas of Craig from.
Here's the way I see it;

He's not trying to undermine GPH,
He was checking what he thought about the Wiz's Dpad, not attempting to lie and make GPH seem incompetent,
He's almost ( :wink: ) as neutral-minded as ED,
Surprisingly enough, he makes money from selling the Wiz. If he acknowledges that the two consoles have different markets, why try to make one succeed over the other?

Edit: Orkie's seen by some as the leader of all things anti-pandora, and Dunny thinks you're his bitch.

Peter R said:
I get these ideas from Craig as he has outright slagged off half the people working at GPH (personally by name) over IM and yet they have proved far more reliable than Craig thus far.
Fair enough, I'll take a step back - you know more than I do :).

Please stop thinking I'm pro-pandora, I'm only posting in these forums because gp32x is down. I'm nearly as much against the pandora as you are.

Back when they were trying to move everyone over here, I kept hearing all this talk about "community" this and "community" that, and maybe it was different back when GP2x was the only handheld on the block, but damn if this "community" didn't turn into gamefaqs the moment any form of competition arrived. Maybe it's just a bunch of bad eggs making everyone else look bad, but it really seems like a bunch of children just whining about something that at the end of the day doesn't really mean anything. Quit trying to create conflict that isn't there. Go out into the real world and get some conflict in your lives. If pandora or gph succeed is that really going to change your life and make it that much worse or better? Just relax and let everything take it's natural course.

Yes, every time sometime buys a Wiz, it's like I'm punched in the face.
It's probably just 2 or 3 people trying to create controversy.
I didn't mind just using the Pandora forum on gp32x and I don't mind using it here. It's not a big deal. The community is not the domain name.

JayFoxRox said:
I laughed at pandora for saying that he is not pro-pandora. I would have understood him if his name was wiz... but this is just wrong. :lol:
Haha... no, he was pro-Pandora once but something made him change his mind.

@Pandora: Such a shame you also signed with that name here eh? :wink:

Hmm... there should be an option to change one's nickname.
I remember in the other forums a tracker or something wich showed you "this member's name history" but I don't know what it was for...

Of course we're bored... :p

Maybe I should start a thread: "Why is it worth waiting for gp32x.de? Because..." :wink:

Note: How come there's no strikethrough here?

Last edited by a moderator:
True, although you can do something similar here when posting by scrolling down and clicking on the "Quote" button next to the post you want, it will appear automatically in the editing space. It's close but not the same...

Edit: Would I be destroying my own thread by posting that?

After seeing some of the venom displayed on the old forum I may well just stay here, and Peter just look at your strange accusations and behavior for a few seconds and try to be more restrained. You're looking for a conspiracy with Ed where there just isn't one.

pandora said:
Please stop thinking I'm pro-pandora, I'm only posting in these forums because gp32x is down. I'm nearly as much against the pandora as you are.
I just don't understand this "against" thing. It's a device, not a belief system. You like it or you don't, you buy it or you don't. We're not having a pro life debate here.

It's true. And you have no idea how hard you gotta club them to get the oil. I've got blisters on me blisters I tells ya.

craigix said:
After seeing some of the venom displayed on the old forum I may well just stay here, and Peter just look at your strange accusations and behavior for a few seconds and try to be more restrained. You're looking for a conspiracy with Ed where there just isn't one.
You are jumping to the same conclusions everyone else here is. I never said that ED is/was evil or would do anything. I was merely saying that now, if he so wished, he could delete the forum and the database at his very whim. It is a hypothetical scenario and I never meant it to be taken seriously and was just using it as an example. As I have already said ED has been very nice to the community for years. That does not change however that he does have a stake in the Pandora's future.

That means that if somehow (hypothetically) the Pandora and GP32x become enemies then we will have a predicament now, won't we?

Anyway, I take back whatever I said in this topic if it will just make people stop taking a theoretical situation as a literal real one.

Peter R said:
craigix said:
You are jumping to the same conclusions everyone else here is. I never said that ED is/was evil or would do anything. I was merely saying that now, if he so wished, he could delete the forum and the database at his very whim. It is a hypothetical scenario and I never meant it to be taken seriously and was just using it as an example. As I have already said ED has been very nice to the community for years. That does not change however that he does have a stake in the Pandora's future.

That means that if somehow (hypothetically) the Pandora and GP32x become enemies then we will have a predicament now, won't we?

Anyway, I take back whatever I said in this topic if it will just make people stop taking a theoretical situation as a literal real one.
Peter you insulted Ed, no wonder this thread flared up like it did. I really think you should think harder about the consequences of a post before pressing the Submit button. Ed has, and always will be a very trusted member of our forums, he's not going to bias the forums in any way just because he's the host. Actually here's a thought: Born from MSN conversations with you a long time ago I know you are quite anti-Pandora, I would go as far to say that you are quite biased towards the Wiz. Now this smacks in the face of irony when you're accusing Ed of being biased doesn't it?

Peter R said:

This is an astoundingly childish way to look at things. Wow. A handheld and a forum becoming "enemies" ! :lol:

Who will prevail?
Find out in the next discussion at...

OPENHANDHELDS.ORG!!!

Edit: But yeah, let's stop.

Back