GP32X Down

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Clare, do you have any contact with hando?
The only eMail I have is outdated and I'd like to offer him free hosting of gp32x.de on our new server, which should be way faster.

Last edited:
Well there has been more than one speculation why the GP32x forums are down. Hando was originally told that his ISP was having DNS routing problems, but has now been told that it's a DDOS attack and his ISP has had to temporarily block a wide range of IP addresses.

We hope that it will be sorted out as quick as is possible and normal service will be back as soon as our ISP can kill the attack.

See you soon,
Clare.

the forums are down because there were too many users were connecting at one time and the server crashed.

yeah, I know the kind of hardware the big ISPs use for DDoS. (Arbour And Cisco Guards)

There are very intelligebnt, generating a profile of traffic over time, so if it noticed that gp32x was receiving spikes every couple of months nd then slowly dropping, it would learn that, but when the load is a constand and this is not typical, it will just block the traffic.

So if real professional hardware was used and tuned correctly, it would be fine. Anyway, the Pandora made lots of enimies, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone paid for a zombie army to attack gp32x when the pre-orders started. I've seen it happen before, but they would normally attack the actually webpage, rather than the forum.

icurafu said:
Anyway, the Pandora made lots of enimies, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone paid for a zombie army to attack gp32x when the pre-orders started. I've seen it happen before, but they would normally attack the actually webpage, rather than the forum.

This comes as something of a surprise to me. Why would the Pandora make enemies? It's not like we're competing with anyone, except maybe the Wiz, but I can't really see angry Wiz fans DDoSing Hando over it. :p Not to mention that Craig is selling the Wiz as well...

EvilDragon said:
Clare, do you have any contact with hando?
The only eMail I have is outdated and I'd like to offer him free hosting of gp32x.de on our new server, which should be way faster.
Yep, just PM'd it to you :).

Last edited by a moderator:
icurafu said:
yeah, I know the kind of hardware the big ISPs use for DDoS. (Arbour And Cisco Guards)

There are very intelligebnt, generating a profile of traffic over time, so if it noticed that gp32x was receiving spikes every couple of months nd then slowly dropping, it would learn that, but when the load is a constand and this is not typical, it will just block the traffic.

So if real professional hardware was used and tuned correctly, it would be fine. Anyway, the Pandora made lots of enemies, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone paid for a zombie army to attack gp32x when the pre-orders started. I've seen it happen before, but they would normally attack the actually webpage, rather than the forum.

...Chad?

I wonder if he'll sign up here. I'd really like to hear what he has to say about the amazing success of the Pandora

Quasist cracks me up. I can't take any of his negative comments seriously, given how poetic they can be.

poetic? more like gibberish :wink:
I accept that his native language is not Enlish, but meh, he's funny.

...after I was banned on gp32x.de on 29oct for sayng that pandora is the cause of second america depression(in offtopic disscusion) is a good cause to be down for gp32x.de. Being homebrew fanatic I do not possess hacking skill to do any harm myself.

If by "amazing success" means 3k+ of preorders then only success of pissdora on her complete lifespan going to be a income for it's creators.
Faulty hardware awaits you all!

quasist said:
...after I was banned on gp32x.de on 29oct for sayng that pandora is the cause of second america depression(in offtopic disscusion) is a good cause to be down for gp32x.de. Being homebrew fanatic I do not possess hacking skill to do any harm myself.

If by "amazing success" means 3k+ of preorders then only success of pissdora on her complete lifespan going to be a income for it's creators.
and yet, you somehow found and signed up to the pandora forums...

quasist said:

they havn't perma-banned you, have they :( :confused:
I'm hoping it's only temporary, your posts always cheer me up. :)

quasist said:
...after I was banned on gp32x.de on 29oct for sayng that pandora is the cause of second america depression
You got a ban for that? in OTD? <_<

Back