Blurp - The GP32X Downtime Status Thread

Well, checking if all server settings (security stuff, etc.) do fit, checking the absolute paths (as they have changed on a new server ;)), checking the upgraded boards (you know we only had a half-working upgrade on the old server), etc.

PokeParadox said:
I'm getting rather excited... It will be great to return "home", even if I we do get our own project subforum here. ^_^
I'm looking forward to returning "home", too. :D The new features (like the blogs) are going to be great, I think.

That said, I've been having fun whilst here - it's given me time to follow the Wiz and Dingoo A320 a fair bit more, and I've found that really interesting.

pinata said:
Back when they were trying to move everyone over here, I kept hearing all this talk about "community" this and "community" that, and maybe it was different back when GP2x was the only handheld on the block, but damn if this "community" didn't turn into gamefaqs the moment any form of competition arrived. Maybe it's just a bunch of bad eggs making everyone else look bad, but it really seems like a bunch of children just whining about something that at the end of the day doesn't really mean anything. Quit trying to create conflict that isn't there. Go out into the real world and get some conflict in your lives. If pandora or gph succeed is that really going to change your life and make it that much worse or better? Just relax and let everything take it's natural course.

Really when GP2X arrived is when things started going downhill, in my opinion.

Back when GP32x was just about the GP32, I used to drop by every day. Ever since the GP2X, I've come by less and less, and now I tend to get to the site maybe once a week, at the most. It just isn't enjoyable anymore, like most forums out there.

Seriously, the only forum I can stand anymore is Jaguar Sector II.

There's a new message on its front page:

Hello Girls & Boys

I jist wanted to let you all know that everything is almost finished. I am just waiting for final I hope response and intervention from Invision support team. Yeap I still fight with problems :( after upgrade. Anyway I hope it's just matter of hours and forum is going to be back online.

Thanks for your support
Take care
hando

jmetal88 said:
Really when GP2X arrived is when things started going downhill, in my opinion.

Back when GP32x was just about the GP32, I used to drop by every day. Ever since the GP2X, I've come by less and less, and now I tend to get to the site maybe once a week, at the most. It just isn't enjoyable anymore, like most forums out there.

I assume you don't own a GP2X. The forums didn't go downhill, they just stopped talking about the GP32 so much because of the GP2X. People moved. :p

Yeah, they were indeed great in the GP32 era. I missed most of the GP2X era simply because I never got a GP2X, so I stopped coming after a while. When I came back last year for the Pandora, I think they were still pretty good. They only really started going downhill after the Pandora was delayed by months and months, so many of the interesting community members and coders stopped coming by so often and much of the discussion started going around in circles, led by people who liked to hear themselves talk (or see themselves type).

Maybe the creation of secret dev forums had something to do with it, I don't know.

I'm hopeful that things will change once the Pandora is actually released, though. (same goes for Wiz, probably)

And yeah, Sam, you were one of the last people I expected to become respectable. It seems that you managed to, though, so congratulations. EvilDragon was always one of the best even when he was just a regular member, so there was no surprise there.

Back