Blimey...

>angry stuff<

... yeah, but ... Oblivion man ... Oblivion! :p
Oblivion is already on the XBox 360 and PC, and it runs far, far better on a decent PC than it does on either console.

and countless other titles to be released in the coming year or so. Mtg4, new FF titles, ASSASSIN'S CREED (yeah nigga) and many more.
In the coming year. So who needs one now? For $600? Waiting for days in arctic temperatures, or paying nearly twice as much, to get one NOW when there is nearly no software?

Last edited by a moderator:
You think the prices are high now ?? wait and see what there like in the week before christmas, i bet prices will be going £1500+ in the last minute madness

>angry stuff<

... yeah, but ... Oblivion man ... Oblivion! :p
Oblivion is already on the XBox 360 and PC, and it runs far, far better on a decent PC than it does on either console.

and countless other titles to be released in the coming year or so. Mtg4, new FF titles, ASSASSIN'S CREED (yeah nigga) and many more.
In the coming year. So who needs one now? For $600? Waiting for days in arctic temperatures, or paying nearly twice as much, to get one NOW when there is nearly no software?

Yeah, great. Mtg4, then 5 6 7 8 9.

In a word, sequels. Where's the innovation? Where are the new ideas? Hey, HEY???

(But I would if I could afford one.)

Discuss....

You know, I do agree sometimes about sequels. But you need to keep in mind that sometimes they're done *very* well, and then nobody should really care. I mean, it's safe to say that most of us say the MGS4 trailer due to all the fuss around it, right? In all fairness, the game looks rather astonishing. I personally couldnt care less if sequels that were made were all done very well and entertained me.

@hanz: Am I right in saying that there wasn't even a slight tinge of sarcasm in your comment? ARE YOU GENUINELY TELLING ME I HAD A GOOD IDEA, AND YOU WISH YOU'D DONE IT???!?!?!?

That's certainly something new around here....

Meh, i never really liked the MGS series myself |Much preferred thief1 2| and i have a kick-ass enough computer to play Assasins creed, so why should i bother with a PS3? If i want a console/computer, I'll buy an Evo and be done with it.

You know, I do agree sometimes about sequels. But you need to keep in mind that sometimes they're done *very* well, and then nobody should really care. I mean, it's safe to say that most of us say the MGS4 trailer due to all the fuss around it, right? In all fairness, the game looks rather astonishing. I personally couldnt care less if sequels that were made were all done very well and entertained me.

@hanz: Am I right in saying that there wasn't even a slight tinge of sarcasm in your comment? ARE YOU GENUINELY TELLING ME I HAD A GOOD IDEA, AND YOU WISH YOU'D DONE IT???!?!?!?

That's certainly something new around here....
You're a bastard, but in a good way.
And despite the name, FF Vs. XIII is hardly more of the same.
Also, a PS3 is much, much cheaper than a good computer that can play oblivion at good settings, and has new functions.

And despite the name, FF Vs. XIII is hardly more of the same.
They're all the same to me. I only liked VII's story and music, and didn't like the game. Consequently the movie was enjoyable and the game was not.

Goity said:
Also, a PS3 is much, much cheaper than a good computer that can play oblivion at good settings, and has new functions.
I could build a PC that would run Oblivion with about the same level of graphical intensity for a little under $1,000. The difference is, the PC would do a hell of a lot more than just play games. (Also note, the console ports of PC games always have scaled back graphics. It's not exactly a level playing field to compare the two easily.)
Soon to be a lot less than $1,000 in all likelihood, as new GPUs that far outclass the generation most current high-end PCs and consoles use are already making their way to market.

That's honestly the problem I've always had with consoles that slide by on having fancy graphics but no real unique games-- they are a snapshot of PC hardware's graphical capabilities of about 6 months to a year before their release, then they stay on the market for about 5 years with no upgradability. Soon, PCs have graphically outclassed the consoles (usually before the console comes out, as was the case with the XB360 and soon to be the PS3 as well), and all there is left to ride on is gameplay-- which is usually sorely lacking when the console is predominantly developed for by companies like EA, who believe the same game you played last year with higher polygon count models is worth another $60 out of your wallet this year.

This is a lot of why I have more respect for the DS and Wii over the XB360/PS3/PSP. They do not focus on top-end graphics which will be outdated shortly. They use standard hardware that is a bit behind the curve, so costs are extremely low, prices are low, licensing fees/SDKs to developers are low, allowing tiny game studios to develop more unique and interesting games. There's also the side benefits that such machines don't suck down batteries like water, or emit so much heat they need a fan that drowns out your TV speakers, or a power brick that overheats and fails. :p (Don't mistake this for Nintendo fanboyism. I sure as hell didn't buy a Gamecube or an N64. Reason: There wasn't really anything I wanted to play on it, and in the end that is really what matters.)

Meh, i never really liked the MGS series myself |Much preferred thief1 2| and i have a kick-ass enough computer to play Assasins creed, so why should i bother with a PS3? If i want a console/computer, I'll buy an Evo and be done with it.
yes, we get it. Buy an "evo". ;)

No one wants some computer with good specs instead of a ps3, or THEY'D BUY IT. That things doesnt play bluray, takes up more space than the ps3, and doesnt have all the good games the ps3 will have. You can go right ahead and buy it though, if it works for you, great ;)

The guy i have bought my ps3 off of is a dick just like you daclassicgamingmaster !!! Well hes a japanese one :p But im daft enough to buy it so :D I dont really knwo any games i want to get for it yet but i just want it coz im daft ! And i have pre orderd a few UK wiis so if my bank has recoverd from buying the ps3 and othe rstuff i got recently then i will be selling some wiis on ebay too :D

No one wants some computer with good specs instead of a ps3, or THEY'D BUY IT. That things doesnt play bluray, takes up more space than the ps3, and doesnt have all the good games the ps3 will have. You can go right ahead and buy it though, if it works for you, great ;)
No games are really going to take advantage of even a third of the capacity of Blu-ray discs unless they are so loaded with FMV that there is pretty much no gameplay. The drive adds about $100 to the price of each unit, though, and a standalone Blu-ray player is usually several hundred dollars-- so this will undoubtedly be a very low-grade drive much like the 'innovative' DVD-ROM drive in the PS2 and the 'uncommon' CD-ROM drive in the PSX that were cheap and faulty, and several hardware revisions still never corrected. (I look forward to reading threads from people who can only get their PS3 to read discs when turned on its side or upside-down already.)

Oblivion + community mods + mouse/keyboard controls is what it is all about.

• Aside from MAME, I don't play games on my PC
• I'm usually exhausted when I come home from work; and after 8 hours of staring at a PC monitor and fumbling around with a keyboard and mouse all night, I enjoy the ergonomic comfort of my wireless PS2 controller (soon to be PS3 ;))
• Community Mods, huh? I read that this game would take you ~500-600 hours to complete everything. I have very little free time to play games at home, so for me, this is a lifetime of entertainment :lol:

I'm sure that I represent some sort of demographic out there ... yeah.

XFD, ROFL, I would NEVER waste my money on an Evo. I was merely trying to point out that so many people are going on about how the PS3 is just like a computer that connects to your TV, why not go the better route? (i'm quite happy with the $4000 rig i have coming next month, so i dont need a PS3, thank you very much).

Back