BitTorrent Sync. For ARM devices as well.

It seems to run and work for me although I didn't try deleting files etc.

Now we need to find out the license and if it's free to redistribute somebody can make nice PND, ideally with icontray indicator and perhaps config file loader and even maybe embedding lightweight browser (luakit? -> way too big; baby panda?) that would automatically open on "current.ip.address:8888/gui".

Edit: I didn't manage to sync over the internet. Local network sync only but news articles on web are indicating it's possible. Need more investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a review of Bittorrent Sync. I tried it between my Linux PC and my Pandora and it worked perfectly. Have a read!

bitsync.png

Read it here....

the article said:
Dropbox is another example of an excellent application where no open source (and even closed source, for that matter) client is available for ARM devices.
could be replaced with:
Dropbox is another example of an excellent application where no open source (or even closed source, for that matter) client is available for GNU/Linux on ARM.
Which would be more accurate since (I believe) Android is missing most of the GNU stuff.

Anyone think I'm being too pedantic here?
It'll wear off soon :rolleyes:

If this uses nautilus, you don't really want it on Pandora ;)

Nautilus just has a lot of dependencies and stuff. I think if you want to build it, you need half of the gnome desktop.

Somebody could try though. The pnd should get pretty big ;)

So I took the plunge and made the BitTorrent Sync available for Pandora. Your feedback is welcome.
Thanks for this port!  :)

But I have little problem with the bittorrent PND:

Everthing works fine until I restart my pandora (Rebirth, latest SZ1.55, Fat32 SD Card), after reboot all my folder-sync-settings in the webgui are gone?! When I am doing the settings again everthing works fine until the next reboot. Is there an easy way for me to fix this?

Thank you ekianjo for the advice! Giving feedback on the repo was the first thing I wanted to do, but there was a problem creating an account (didn't get an activation mail, I've already sent a pm to ED).

Do you have the same issue with Bittorrent sync? Does it keep the settings after a reboot?

Btw: great blog, pandoralive is one of my main daily bookmarks, really enjoying your (and guest) quality articles :)

So I took the plunge and made the BitTorrent Sync available for Pandora. Your feedback is welcome.
Thanks for this port!  :)

But I have little problem with the bittorrent PND:

Everthing works fine until I restart my pandora (Rebirth, latest SZ1.55, Fat32 SD Card), after reboot all my folder-sync-settings in the webgui are gone?! When I am doing the settings again everthing works fine until the next reboot. Is there an easy way for me to fix this?
Same here I'm afraid.

Nobody else having this problem?

p.s If anyone gets a time out error when trying to sync, check that the time on the Pandora is the same as the computer your syncing with :)

Sorry guys, my Panda was on nub replacement trip for some days.

I've quickly tried to replicate your issue and it's fine here. I didn't actually tried to sync, just added one folder on my SD card, generated a secret for it and rebooted. After reboot I launched the BTsync launcher and my folder was in GUI. 

Please, try to delete this folder:

/media/YOURSDCARD/pandora/appdata/btsync

It contains hidden .sync folder with the settings. If you do so, it gives you the latest BTsync binary.

I just deleted the 'btsync' file, the latest binary was downloaded and then I got message 'Folder priviledges are not right, shall they be re-set?' (or similar), after confirming this all seems to be running OK.

I think I had a faulty SD card (fat32). I replaced it with a fresh ext4 formated SD card and everything works fine! So, maybe it was a permissions-problem?

Thank you again for this great tool! :D

Back