Windows 95 Runs On N900 Via Dosbox

I would enjoy playing Master of Magic again. I used to love Close Combat 2, but it would be nearly impossible to see anything.

However, Windows 95 was so unpleasant (at least in my recollection) that I have no desire to run it in emulation. I'd rather play the old Mac games, like Dark Castle.

Monk said:
worzyl said:
Hmmm...I wouldn't mind running the now defunct Autodesk Animator Studio on 95. Having said that, I'm still on XP and have never attempted to try and see if it works on it...

Crikey, that takes me back - although I only ever saw the original DOS version, myself.

I feel old :(

Heh heh! I used to use the dos version also back in the day. Well, I'm trying it on XP with service pack 3 and the Animator Player, Animator Scriptor and Animator Soundlab seem to be working, but the main Animator Studio isn't!! Very annoying! I may have to partition the drive with a windows 95 with 100MB!

Last edited by a moderator:
worzyl said:
Monk said:
worzyl said:
Hmmm...I wouldn't mind running the now defunct Autodesk Animator Studio on 95. Having said that, I'm still on XP and have never attempted to try and see if it works on it...

Crikey, that takes me back - although I only ever saw the original DOS version, myself.

Heh heh! I used to use the dos version also back in the day. Well, I'm trying it on XP with service pack 3 and the Animator Player, Animator Scriptor and Animator Soundlab seem to be working, but the main Animator Studio isn't!! Very annoying! I may have to partition the drive with a windows 95 with 100MB!

Do you think it would work well enough under virtualisation? Last time I looked Microsoft Virtual PC was a free download, and worked under Windows XP. It wouldn't operate as quickly as under dual booting, but you wouldn't have to reboot to use it...?

Willrandship said:
EX: Castle of the Winds was my favorite win95 game of all time. (Mainly it was because it was the only roquelike i've ever heard of)
Play Powder, nethack, rogue, or something, you don't have shops or anything but gameplay is quite similar.

Didn't Castle of The Winds run under Win 3.1?

Monk said:
worzyl said:
Monk said:
worzyl said:

Do you think it would work well enough under virtualisation? Last time I looked Microsoft Virtual PC was a free download, and worked under Windows XP. It wouldn't operate as quickly as under dual booting, but you wouldn't have to reboot to use it...?

Ahhh! I never thought of that!

Back