BitTorrent Sync. For ARM devices as well.

No go for me I'm afraid. I'm using a brand new SD card, which I've checked out so I know it's not broken. Could be a problem with it being fat32 as suggested though.

It could also do with being a different version than the ubuntu one that's on my desktop??

I'll uninstall for now and try again some other time.

Seems like it could be the FAT32. Mine is ext2.

Edit:

I did check the functionality with FAT32 and it is really not working. Strangely all files on my FAT32 card are owned by root and that must be the issue.

Check the ownership of your folders and files and maybe try to change them to your user.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got it working on a card formatted for ext2.

I can add a folder, sync up, kill the software and start it back up. It still asks me to accept the software every time I go on to the web admin page, but the added folder then shows up again. Defo a folder permission thing by the looks of it.

I've also noticed that every file I send to my PC from the Pandora turns into a root owned file, even though it's owned by the user whilst it's on the Pandora. Is this normal behaviour?

Just noticed that I can't delete the btsync folder from inside the appdata folder on the ext2 sd card, even though I can delete everything inside it.

The owner ship of the folder can't be changed either. That's your problem there  :)  

EDIT: Actually that folder can be changed. The two hidden folders inside can't even be opened on the other hand (.wh..wh.orp and .wh..wh.pink).

Strangely all files on my FAT32 card are owned by root and that must be the issue.
Well, who do you expect to own files on a file system which doesn't have the ownership attribute? Technically, it is possible to set ownership to an arbitrary user when you mount it, but that would be fixing the automount or PND mount script, not your PND. Another solution would be to create a working copy of your config files in /tmp/, if the size permits.

I remember fixing tor for a similar issue, the vanilla version goes mad when it sees a root-owned config file.

BTW, is the unmount issue fixed in the new version? (guess I'll find out myself this evening)Edit: seems fixed.

Back