Best Android games/apps for Pandora

After having no luck getting onlive to connect at home I thought id give it a quick go on my work wifi, low and behold it connected 1st time, absolutely horrible speed and performing badly but its working. will have another go at home see if its the work wifi thats making it bad

I had trouble with Cogs, as it required multitouch to be able to rotate the machine with puzzles that involve more than one side.

just tried Temple Run on my 1st batch 256mb Pandora, installs but graphics all messed up

Sonic CD lite works fine though can be a little sluggish

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick "review" of the programs I use daily on my 256MB Pandora (CPU clocked at 800 and using a 1GB swap file):

Apps:

Fast Reboot - Used to free memory by simulating a reboot, works great and is really useful especially on the classic Pandora

Opera Mini - Really fast and user friendly web browser

Google Drive - Works like a charm, easy way to browse and edit your Google Docs

GMail - Works quite fast, but turning on automatic sync slows the device down a lot

VLC Beta - Fast and easy to use, does the basic actions really well and is not bloated with any unnecessary functions, video playback isn't as good as it is in Panplayer though

ACV Comic Viewer - Good app to read your comics on the go, even though the reading is a little hard on a screen this small

Netflix - Works fast and without any problems, of course the quality isn't the best at all times because of the wifi on the Pandora. With TV out cables this app is a great way to turn your Pandora in to a nice and easy-to-use HTPC

Youtube - Browsing is easy and fast, video playback is decent, but HD videos won't work.

Dropbox - Does what it's supposed do, is fast and doesn't have any issues

Google Maps - No issues, works fast and all the functions are working

ZArchiver - Used to compress and decompress files, works like it should

µTorrent - Easy and lightweight app to download torrent files, works well

Games:

Angry Birds/Angry Birds Space - These work smooth and fast, I had some issues with them in the past but I did a fresh Android install and now they work like a charm.

Fruit Ninja - Works fast and smooth

SongPop / Scramble With Friends - Both work like they should, altough the browsing the menus can be a bit tacky. When I play some more resource hungry games, I usually turn off the wifi because these, as well as other Zynga games always search for games and new opponents and that can slow the device down.

Reckless Racing / Reckless Getaway - Great 3D racing games, these are one of my favourites on Android. They work fast and just like they should and for those who care about graphics, they look really good.

Wind-Up Knight - Fun 3D platformer, looks good and plays smoothly.

Amazing Alex - Quite fun puzzle game from Rovio, plays nicely and has no problems.

Pocketband Lite - Not a game, but a sequencer program for those who'd like to make simple music on their Pandoras. Works without any problems, is fast and easy to use.

So, yeah. That's most of my apps I use daily, I hope this helps someone who is searching for nice apps for their Pandoras!

I personally was pretty surprised of how nice the Android runs on the 256MB device, as everyone has been saying that the experience would be slow and useless. Of course the device can't run that many programs at once, but still, I'm impressed and using it has been smooth. Thanks for all the devs!

Could somebody tell me what is the chipset-data for Max Payne? I've bought the game, but is a pain to download all the data over WiFi on the pandy.

Android say my connection speed is - 1.
The pandora is pretty close to the router (few centimeters)
Signal strength is excellent.
After a while download stuck.
Thanks for your help.

Android say my connection speed is - 1.
The pandora is pretty close to the router (few centimeters)
Signal strength is excellent.
After a while download stuck.
Thanks for your help.
Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Max Payne>Clear All Data

Try downloading again

Why should I do that? It continues downloading if I restart the game. It got stucked because android - or pandora's - wifi got stucked

Fine, dont take my advice. Because I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about
Dude,

I'm sorry if I sound rude, was not my intention.

You have demonstrated that you ACTUALLY know what are you talking about.

Is just it took about 200 minutes to download about 40% of game data, so I'm scared of "reseting" the data and get the same result.

How did you get the game working?

Thanks for all your support, really.

if you enjoy modern fps  highly recommend NOVA 3 It has some of the best graphics out there, great story and my favorite ...bullit time effect. The keyboard app works with it and i have mapped all the controls except looking around which i hope will find a way to map that to a nub somehow. NOVA 3 works fine clocked at 750 and really good at 1000 on my rebirth.

other games of note:

Shadowgun

Brothers in arms 2

counter strike

Dead trigger

If anyone can get the following games to work please let me know:

9mm

splinter cell conviction

rainbow 6

modern combat 3 or 4

Fine, dont take my advice. Because I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about

Dude,

I'm sorry if I sound rude, was not my intention.
You have demonstrated that you ACTUALLY know what are you talking about.
Is just it took about 200 minutes to download about 40% of game data, so I'm scared of "reseting" the data and get the same result.

How did you get the game working?
Thanks for all your support, really.
I'm not one to support piracy, but since you already bought it, just use this

http://www.freeandroidappshop.com/2012/06/max-payne-apk-sd-data-for-hvgawvga.html?m=0

Proof 

Dibujo%20sin%20t%C3%ADtulo.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back