Best Android games/apps for Pandora

Thanks for the heads up on Kairosoft Writin Ronin. I'd not heard of them. I downloaded the free version of Dungeon Villiage and played through it a couple of times before buying the full version. It's a fun little game and runs great on the Pandora at 700MHz (my default) It'll probably run fine at 600 too. I might check out their Race team game.

Happy to be of help! The Kairosoft games are crack; lovely little portable titles. Nothing has captured me as much as Game Dev Story, although surprisingly Pocket Clothier is becoming my next favourite, surpassing Pocket League Story (and I'm a football nut). But they're all great titles to appeal to most.

After getting over my Game Dev Story addiction, I'm too afraid to download any more of that series (until the inevitable sequel gets released of course!!) :blink:

Anyone tried OnLive yet? It'd be quite cool to play Assassin's Creed II on the Pandy.

Hi,i tried to run Onlive on the Pandora and the Device is not supported.

I tried many Versions and the Tweaked Versions from Xda Devs.

Onlive dont work on Pandora Handheld now :(

Really? That's weird...their page says the required Android version is 2.3, and that's exactly the version Pandora is using (Gingerbread). Furthermore, the OnLive application itself shouldn't need that much processing power. Wonder what gives...?

It is a not supported Device.

Unfortunality Android 2.3 isnt exact the same like on other Devices.

I tried many many Versions and found only one that let it installing and load to the Login from Onlive

Then i had login with my Account and it Says:Your Device is not Compatible :unsure:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1154400

Onlive is a Free App then i can link to this because there is nothin illegal.

When anyone other want to try,this is the only Version who the install did work here for me

It is a not supported Device.

Unfortunality Android 2.3 isnt exact the same like on other Devices.

I tried many many Versions and found only one that let it installing and load to the Login from Onlive

Then i had login with my Account and it Says:Your Device is not Compatible :unsure:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1154400

Onlive is a Free App then i can link to this because there is nothin illegal.

When anyone other want to try,this is the only Version who the install did work here for me

Hmm...I see. One thing I don't understand is the fact that there are so many different versions...? Are they custom-made or otherwise "hacked" versions? How's that possible given that the source code is not free, I think?

I dont have android on my pandora anymore, so i cant test. But i remember that editing build.prop usually fixed that kind of errors (gameloft games come to mind). You can look here for OMAP3 devices from where to retrieve ro.product.model, ro.product.device, ro.product.board and ro.build.product values.

There are so many apps it will hard to choose, but I will. It is great to have a Pandora.....

I dont have android on my pandora anymore, so i cant test. But i remember that editing build.prop usually fixed that kind of errors (gameloft games come to mind). You can look here for OMAP3 devices from where to retrieve ro.product.model, ro.product.device, ro.product.board and ro.build.product values.

So you think it's possible to make it work? If it's not a horrible amount of work I can try to help.

So you think it's possible to make it work? If it's not a horrible amount of work I can try to help.

It's not huge amount of work. I leave you here some steps for the attempt of fix.

In this page are listed some supported devices for onlive android app. Droid 2 by Motorola is an OMAP3630 device, so maybe we can disguise the Pandora to look as a Droid 2 (and if we are lucky onlive will work).

It's best if you use root explorer or a similar browser to find the build.prop file. This file is located whithin /system folder. By doing a long press on the file a context menu comes up, choose edit file. This will bring up an text editor, use it to modify this entries.

ro.product.model=DROID2 Global

ro.product.brand=verizon

ro.product.name=cm_droid2we

ro.product.device=droid2we

ro.product.board=droid2we

When done editing save and restart android for changes to get aknowledge by the system. Finally try the onlive app again, maybe this time works.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably a no go, but could someone please try and see if they can d/l and install the SKY GO app?

Sky offer this app on a very limited number of Android devices, unfortunately neither my phone or tablet are compatible, would be great if Pandora is ... though I suspect it will not be available - Expect to see the 'this app is not compatible with your device' in place of the install button.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bskyb.skygo&hl=en

You might also need to be in the UK to even see the app page?

Thanking you kindly

I just bought a few games from the Play Store. Max Payne included. I've seen people being able to get it to run on some videos. However, when I start it, I get a

" Sorry! The application Max Payne (process.com.maxpayne) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Is there something special I'm suppose to do?

I finally got around to updating the Pandora to SuperSaxxon 1.51 and trying out the latest version of Android and wow, I am very impressed. One app that I use on my ipad as well as all my mobile devices is the Twitch.tv app and it runs beautifully. Low resolution but maybe I can tinker with the settings.

Back