Android "Backend" for Linux?

I havent founf a good BASIC tutorial yet. They all seem to act like I should know everything alreadym Anyone got some links?
There aren't any anymore. You used to get this big old manual with your computer - 600-odd pages, full of tutorials. You don't get that anymore. Sorry kid, but you're disadvantaged.

Also, whats the difference between BASIC, QBASIC, VISUAL BASIC, LIBERTY BASIC, etc?
Very little indeed. They're all based on BASIC, which was invented in the 1960s.

D.

Lol, teachers. I still have to deal with them... I really hate high school. Thank gawd I only have one more year left.
What, you thought you won't get any teachers in college?
Some of them will be great, and some will suck.

It's part of the process of learning from others.

Shit, nigga! Ruby is so much fun! Gawd, and I thought all languages were like Java

Last edited by a moderator:
Java is fun, you just need to learn how to handle it (but I agree, it's an eyesore when you start looking at everything that's added behind the scene xD).

I havent founf a good BASIC tutorial yet. They all seem to act like I should know everything alreadym Anyone got some links?
There aren't any anymore. You used to get this big old manual with your computer - 600-odd pages, full of tutorials. You don't get that anymore. Sorry kid, but you're disadvantaged.
Look at what I've found! http://www.worldofspectrum.org/ZXBasicManual/ :D

I could scan my old books with basic source code for simple games, but they're all in french, I doubt it would help.

Java is fun, you just need to learn how to handle it (but I agree, it's an eyesore when you start looking at everything that's added behind the scene xD).

Look at what I've found! http://www.worldofspectrum.org/ZXBasicManual/ :D I could scan my old books with basic source code for simple games, but they're all in french, I doubt it would help.
Don't stop there! Head over here:

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/books/

All of my books are scanned in on there, and there's a metric shitload of others to browse. If you have any (in any language) that aren't in that list, then get them scanned and uploaded to WoS, pronto. WoS is arguably the largest semi-legal[1] emulation resource on the planet, and we're on a mission to get all of it.

D.

[1] WoS has a policy of contacting the rights holders of software for permission to distribute, and witholds titles from public download if denied by such. Even then, it has an enormous amount of software and related documents available. Over 10,000 games, 2,500 text adventures, 6,000 utilities... And that's just the tape images :)

I'll take a peek at that.

If my book isn't in there, I'll try to scan it.

My other books are more generic Basic books ( programming a word processor, making an adventure game, long ago I also had a book about a 3D "modeler" called pangraphe) or aimed at another computer (spectravideo, amiga).

Back