Banners for the Pandora Rebirth comp. (WIP thread)

iprice

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
With just over two weeks of the ReBirth Competition remaining, have we got any final details about the banner(s)/splashscreen(s) and how we should use/incorporate them?

Binky

Death's Steed
Staff member
With just over two weeks of the ReBirth Competition remaining, have we got any final details about the banner(s)/splashscreen(s) and how we should use/incorporate them?

The current OpenFire main menu uses the banner of the OP homepage, but with 'get ready' changed to 'entered' - seems sensible

MrChops

Binky, you got a copy of one altered to say "entered" that you can share with the rest of us?

Binky

Death's Steed
Staff member
Binky, you got a copy of one altered to say "entered" that you can share with the rest of us?
rebirth-banner-entered.png

mcobit

Advanced Member
So this is the one, that should be included as a splash at startup?

Binky

Death's Steed
Staff member
Theoretically, there is a 800x480 version for that; can't find it though - did it ever exist?

quartercast

Nope I never got around to designing a 800 x 400 version.

Good to see the banner being put to use. Binky, this is like open-source designing.

IMO I think it should say "Entered into the Rebirth" though. And make sure the text aligns exactly (on the diagonal), you might have to zoom up 4000%.

Binky

Death's Steed
Staff member
Nope I never got around to designing a 800 x 400 version.

Good to see the banner being put to use. Binky, this is like open-source designing.

IMO I think it should say "Entered into the Rebirth" though. And make sure the text aligns exactly (on the diagonal), you might have to zoom up 4000%.

Can you point me to the PSD/XCF/ETC for that image, together with whatever font you used?

Then I could do a better version (the one above was just a quick hack, which is why it doesn't look quite right)

Is there room for 'into'?