Artist For Pmenu Skins Wanted

B-ZaR said:
dflemstr said:
Well the binary links against the whole freaking X and DRM framework it seems, and on a x86_64 computer, it isn't fun to hunt down all those 32-bit libs (it's kinda easy on Fedora actually on which I happen to be, but even Fedora failed at finding libEGL.so - why is that needed anyways, can't you just use SDL?)

I'm having problems with libEGL as well. I have libgegl-0.0-0 installed, but I get
Code:
./pmenu: error while loading shared libraries: libEGL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I think that the libEGL.so is part of the PowerVR SDK for OpenGL ES development. I'll download that and try again (and I need the 32-bit version of that... GAAH, people, move to 64-bit already! :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
dflemstr said:
B-ZaR said:
dflemstr said:
Well the binary links against the whole freaking X and DRM framework it seems, and on a x86_64 computer, it isn't fun to hunt down all those 32-bit libs (it's kinda easy on Fedora actually on which I happen to be, but even Fedora failed at finding libEGL.so - why is that needed anyways, can't you just use SDL?)

I'm having problems with libEGL as well. I have libgegl-0.0-0 installed, but I get
Code:
./pmenu: error while loading shared libraries: libEGL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I think that the libEGL.so is part of the PowerVR SDK for OpenGL ES development. I'll download that and try again (and I need the 32-bit version of that... GAAH, people, move to 64-bit already! :p )

dflmestr is right, its part of the pvr sdk and Forget to include it !
I'll repack a binary with it tomorow.
I did go back to gles 2d without SDL to be closest to the pandora configuration. This Also prevent me to rewrite all my function for OpenGL and to be independant from SDL 1.3 libs.

Cpasjuste said:
dflemstr said:
I think that the libEGL.so is part of the PowerVR SDK for OpenGL ES development. I'll download that and try again (and I need the 32-bit version of that... GAAH, people, move to 64-bit already! :p )

dflmestr is right, its part of the pvr sdk and Forget to include it !
I'll repack a binary with it tomorow.

'kay, I'll check it out tomorrow then :)

I'll move to 64bit when all the software I want to use is readily available for it in repositories, for example zsnes or an equally good snes emulator. The last time I tried I ended up in "sorry, only for 32bit" a couple of times too often.

B-ZaR said:
I'll move to 64bit when all the software I want to use is readily available for it in repositories, for example zsnes or an equally good snes emulator. The last time I tried I ended up in "sorry, only for 32bit" a couple of times too often.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<offtopic xmlns="http://offtopic.com/ns/">
You can of course still use 32-bit software easily on 64-bit if there's a 32-bit package for the app you want. On Fedora, I say "yum install znes" and the 32-bit version is downloaded automatically since no 64-bit version exists. No trouble at all. Don't know about Ubuntu though; Ubuntu has had problems with multi-arch packages before...
</offtopic>

I get nothing when I run "./run.sh". Just a prompt and a blank stare, not even a segfault.

Edit: Ubuntu Karmic on an AMD Semperon 3400 with a NVidia craptastic GeForce 6150 LE.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like I put the EGL drivers in the wrong place or something.

I did update the link with libEGL : http://mydedibox.fr/_stuff/tmp/pmenu_i386.tar.gz ( same link as before )

dflemstr : i did update pmenu git repository with an i386 makefile ( make -f Makefile.i386 ) ( you will also need libpnd : git clone git://git.openpandora.org/pandora-libraries )

mindlord : try to run "run.sh" from a terminal to see what error you get.

dflemstr said:
B-ZaR said:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<offtopic xmlns="http://offtopic.com/ns/">
You can of course still use 32-bit software easily on 64-bit if there's a 32-bit package for the app you want. On Fedora, I say "yum install znes" and the 32-bit version is downloaded automatically since no 64-bit version exists. No trouble at all. Don't know about Ubuntu though; Ubuntu has had problems with multi-arch packages before...
</offtopic>

OT: Yes, it is possible, but I hit some walls a couple of times more than my comfort limit. I don't remember the specifics, but using 32bit software on a 64bit system is not always as smooth sailing as on a 32bit system.

Sorry, I'll stop the OT rambling now :)

Sphinxter said:
My libtiff is only .3.8.2, it's looking for .4
ln -s <target> <link name>

Cpasjuste, I'm now stuck while compiling GLES2D (which I now see is impossible without PowerVR...) for i686/x86_64... But I'll work it out.

EDIT: oh and the new binary does still crash instantly (no output, no nothing, no segfaults, only indication is exit code 0377)... Expected?

mindlord said:
I poked around, and got it to run, but any interaction with the mouse causes it to crash with no error.
Edit: Pastebin on terminal output

It's not a crash, i just make it properly quit on mouse click :p (you can still click on the windows bar to move it). Glad to see someone to run it !

Ps: your terminal outpout is perfect, no error detected. Dunno how you get this cool debug stuff but it's so cool.

cpasjuste > can we change the font size / color ?

other notes :
the gui.cfg file is not read when switching themes.
the application crashes when a file (a theme pic) is not present.

Random feedback:

It often does not register my keystrokes.
It quits when I click the mouse into it.

The image zoom animation is a bad idea. It makes browsing the game list very hard to use if you are actually looking for game.

Linux only eh? Bummer. I'd love to help out but only have mac/pc at my disposal right now and can't seem to install this through Fink. Anyone know if this can be virtualized somehow on windows 7? I'd hate to have to track down my old copy of parallels.

banjeed said:
Linux only eh? Bummer. I'd love to help out but only have mac/pc at my disposal right now and can't seem to install this through Fink. Anyone know if this can be virtualized somehow on windows 7? I'd hate to have to track down my old copy of parallels.

Virtual Box?

hells_dark said:
cpasjuste > can we change the font size / color ?

other notes :
the gui.cfg file is not read when switching themes.
the application crashes when a file (a theme pic) is not present.

Thanks for the reports. I'v put a link to a new version in first post, with the changes you asked. (oops, ommited the "the gui.cfg file is not read when switching themes.", working on it right now );

Back