Inkl Player 0.3 Released

barosl

Still Fresh
Website
barosl.com
Inkl Player is a media player which supports synchronized lyrics and skins.

Inkl Player 0.3

Changes since 0.2:

* Added skin support.
* Font selection in the configuration file.
* Added multilingual support. Korean, English, and Japanese are currently supported.
* Turns off the screen when not used. Default timeout is 30 seconds. You can change it in the configuration file.
* Playback order support. Supports normal, repeat, and shuffle modes in the configuration file.
* Moves more smoothly.
* Remembers the sound volume.

Here is the video:

Inkl Player 0.3

There are three skins now. You can contribute to it by creating your own beautiful skins!

aqualine-0.1.png

aqualine-0.1.zip

GMRF_inklGirlGH-0.1.png

GMRF_inklGirlGH-0.1.zip

baroslized-0.1.png

baroslized-0.1.zip

From this version, a shortcut is created in 'WIZ Games' when the program executed for the first time. You can remove the shortcut if you don't want.

Keys:

== Common ==
* X: Switches the screen mode.

== In file selection ==
* Left: Goes up to the upper folder.
* B, Right: Goes to the selected folder, or playes the media.
* Select: Changes the interface language.

== In media playing ==
* Left, Right: Moves five seconds.
* B: Pauses.
* Select: Changes the skin.

Some suggestions:

- If possible, making the switch from song A to song B instantaneous would be ideal.
- Making the seek bar a little fatter, so it can be used with my huge thumbs, would be nice.
- touchscreen support in the file browser
- like everyone else wants, an equalizer. =P

Otherwise, great player. =]

Are there specifics on how to use this program? I've ran the lyricsDownloader.exe, but it only lets me select a song. What am I supposed to do afterward? I've used plain .txt with the lyrics and it is not recognized. A little readme.txt wouldn't hurt. Help please.

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
- If possible, making the switch from song A to song B instantaneous would be ideal.
The delay is because of calculating the exact length of VBR MP3 files. It takes about 2 seconds. Will it be OK if I remove the feature?

To me, I don't play VBR MP3 files. And I don't think the feature is so important.

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
- Making the seek bar a little fatter, so it can be used with my huge thumbs, would be nice.
It depends on the skins. I'm very poor at designing, and the only skin I designed of the three is "baroslized.zip" skin. And as you may (not) notice, it has a fat slider(yeah, the yellow bar is!). Of course, I can say to the designers, but I need help to make the interface better, by creating skins.

KingDNH said:
Are there specifics on how to use this program? I've ran the lyricsDownloader.exe, but it only lets me select a song. What am I supposed to do afterward? I've used plain .txt with the lyrics and it is not recognized. A little readme.txt wouldn't hurt. Help please.
There is a famous lyrics database system in Korea. It recognizes the music files by their hash. So I guess the music files not played in Korea would not be recognizable by lyrics-downloader.exe(if it is, a .txt file with the same name will be created in the same folder). I'm planning to add .lrc support in the near future.

Anyway, the current format of .txt file is here. It is very similar to .lrc format. If you don't mind, you can convert other formats to it.
Code:
[mm:ss:xx]lyrics line 1
[mm:ss:xx]lyrics line 2
[mm:ss:xx]lyrics line 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I see! Thank you for your help. Now I know how to make the lyric .txt files.

I feel that the VBR calculation is a feature that could be left out, honestly. Or made into an option, for the sake of speed?

Back