Pmenu Help Wanted (graphists)

This took a while :)

Background is by pkarwowski.deviantart.com, so if this is used, I'll have to ask for permission.

I have all the separate parts saved on their own.

33e7j4i.png

To add to that, I don't like the layout 100% either.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Username' said:
Seems pointless. How long will it really take to start up?

Startup time isn't really the issue, seeing as most people will just be using suspend mode instead of switching it off. The point of Pmenu is that not everyone wants to run a full desktop environment. Many people are coming from the GP2X, which had Gmenu2x. Gmenu was originally intended for Pandora, but didn't work out for various reasons, so Pmenu was built from scratch.

(naw)mcx posted on Apr 5 2009 at 08:03 PM said:

Background is by pkarwowski.deviantart.com, so if this is used, I'll have to ask for permission.

33e7j4i.png

Looks good. My only comments are that the more complex category icons (like the joystick) need internal outlines, and that you need to cut the white outlines a bit better, especially for that third icon.

'Vorporeal' said:
(naw)mcx posted on ) This took a while : said:

33e7j4i.png

Looks good. My only comments are that the more complex category icons (like the joystick) need internal outlines, and that you need to cut the white outlines a bit better, especially for that third icon.

Here's my quick mockup. I went with a totally different layout, but I feel it gives it a more professional look.

Obviously, non of the icons are finished/nice-looking.

deleten.png

I figure you press left/right to switch tabs. Once you choose a game/application, it goes into a sub-menu with more choices. Like run, edit info, delete, favorite; that sort of thing.

Basically a ZiB style theme. I like it! (I'm a real fan of how the ZiB graphics are turning out. :D)

'Tiptup300' said:
'Vorporeal' said:
(naw)mcx posted on ) This took a while : said:

33e7j4i.png

Here's my quick mockup. I went with a totally different layout, but I feel it gives it a more professional look.

Obviously, non of the icons are finished/nice-looking.

deleten.png

I figure you press left/right to switch tabs. Once you choose a game/application, it goes into a sub-menu with more choices. Like run, edit info, delete, favorite; that sort of thing.

There is no problem with your skin, like i said, we can move each part (app listing, category icons, preview pic, description) where we want so it's ok .

(naw)mcx posted on Apr 6 2009 at 02:03 AM said:

33e7j4i.png

Great, you can post the zipped files here if you want.

Shall the borders of the panels be present in the background?

I understood they must, but thats a problem with external backgrounds (like simple photos) and the change of the layout (as aleady stated)...
What can we do?

'giovanni' said:
Shall the borders of the panels be present in the background?

I understood they must, but thats a problem with external backgrounds (like simple photos) and the change of the layout (as aleady stated)...
What can we do?
I understand what you all mean, but for now it's a part of the background, and external background/wallpaper is not supported. I do not have the time to focus on that for now, i have a lot of work to do. It could be something added in the future.

Else i think we may wait before doing some skins, i was maybe a little too speed.

I think we can start to edit the icons because they can always be used... the only problem is the background

(naw)mcx posted on Apr 6 2009 at 12:11 PM said:
Here it is, I'll make a version with an improved layout when I get back. Along with better icons.

http://drop.io/openpandora

Thanks mcx :D

In fact there still a problem with your skin, your "main.png" background looks like "backg.bmp" background, but it should look like the "backg_new.png". I mean you should have the RED box size.

Anyway, we should all wait a little that i do a proper linux executable so you can test your skins.

'Cpasjuste' said:
(naw)mcx said:
Here it is, I'll make a version with an improved layout when I get back. Along with better icons.

http://drop.io/openpandora

Thanks mcx :D

In fact there still a problem with your skin, your "main.png" background looks like "backg.bmp" background, but it should look like the "backg_new.png". I mean you should have the RED box size.

Anyway, we should all wait a little that i do a proper linux executable so you can test your skins.

Whoops!

I'll fix that too ;)

Hey, nice: abstract, simple, I like it :p
It might be a bit contrast-y if you want to put text over that for apps etc(white or black text might not be readable) so Cpasjuste would have to put drop shadows on the text but otherwise I'd use the skin at least.

Wasn't prepared for the rar bomb, though (I thought such things only existed for .tar.gz-files, and that RARs stored their file sin a sub-folder automatically... oh, well...)

Ok, i'm starting my theme (pixel per pixel xd). Let's see if i'll be proud enough to post it ^^

So, can we choose the background when hovering a menu item (same as with the icons ?) or something ?

(can't wait the linux build !)

--- Edit ---

Preview :

25bb90b675cd03f3609ab7205b98c.png

:unsure:

Back