Are You Excited?

How would you rate your excitement?

• More excited than ever. Almost at bursting point.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very excited. Need it soon.

• Still excited. Keeping it under control.

• Not too excited. Dare not let it get out of contol.

• Not excited. The moment's gone.

• Trying to forget all about it until it arrives.

• Not interested.

• Total voters

I can understand Big Truck and PoisonedV's comments - that was on of the reasons I asked the question as I wondered what the split was. At the time of writing 2/3 are pretty excited, 1/3 not excited or not interested. I guess that's not to bad, and will get better when things really start moving. Why people who say they aren't interested bother to read Pandora threads I'm not sure.

Gren said:
Kinda interested in Tag's comments around it being a PDA. This would be incredible - a true do everything (except phone), take it everywhere device - but for it to be useful to me it would need to sync with Outlook/Activesync, 'cos that's what I use at work.
Is this even possible?
There have been a few discussions if you want to find them. I doubt it will work with activesync but it is likely there will b some form of sync with Outlook at some point it's probably a question of what and when.

Mr.Gonzo said:
Hmm, Bobs game seems pretty much finished to me.
But it's the DS version that is nearly ready. I doubt he's even started on the Pandora version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Full installation of Slackware, Ubuntu, or what have you
Portable full-fledged Firefox
Portable movies with great battery life
Portable full-speed PSX (and I'm guessing n64 uninformatively)
POSSIBLE Portable Almost-Half-Life (It runs off of a modified Quake engine, so the maps are importable with a little tweaking and similar NPCs could be made)

I really want this. Not in the least for the emulation bits, but mostly because it's simply the most exciting thing to come out in years.

With luck this combined with a decent 3G-phone will cover all my portable needs when I'm on a bus going somewhere. And the hardware is simply... Amazing, promising quite a few decent games already. Can hardly wait. :)

Eniko said:
The only thing currently checking my excitement is shooting zombies in Left 4 Dead.
You bet! I actually have both the PC and Xbox 360 versions of that game, as my brother wanted to play co-op so bad he bought it for the 360. :lol:

As for my excitement, it has come and gone periodically since summer, when I logged back into the forums to check on the GP2X scene after several months absence. I saw the status of the project, and that's when my "yeah right" became an "OH YEAH!", complete with me smashing through a brick wall while holding a sugary drink.

Still excited. The size of it combined with the capabilities. I was holding my DS lite in my hand yesterday and thought Pandora wont be much larger, I imagined typing on the lower portion. I tote a Sony UX with me, if I can use Pandora as a primary communication device (gaim, firefox, maybe usenet etc...) via bluetooth tether I'll be thrilled. I expect it will do all that if not at launch someone will build it . The only thing I'll miss is the illuminated keys on the UX. Maybe someone will develop a mod for this which I would be willing to part for that purpose. Maybe the screen will cast enough light on the keys in the dark, who knows. I will be excited to move to a device that is as versatile as the Pandora with the physical footprint. Oh yea, the emulation capabilities are just the icing on the cake....I remain patient now because I know it will arrive someday but damnit....the UX is like a brick literally

I'm a little bummed right now, I just got my re-order email and now I am debating on whether or not to re-order. With Christmas coming up and pay cuts in my job, I may want $300 around "just in case."

I don't know, ask me in a week... I will probably feel a lot better when I see a working unit...

undefined said:
Still excited. The size of it combined with the capabilities. I was holding my DS lite in my hand yesterday and thought Pandora wont be much larger, I imagined typing on the lower portion. I tote a Sony UX with me, if I can use Pandora as a primary communication device (gaim, firefox, maybe usenet etc...) via bluetooth tether I'll be thrilled.
Me too :lol: I'd already configured tethering in my desktop system to the nokia phone, both via bluetooth and via usb, just to be prepared for when the Pandora arrives. Then when I get it working there, my plan is to write a how-to.
The only thing I'll miss is the illuminated keys on the UX. Maybe someone will develop a mod for this which I would be willing to part for that purpose. Maybe the screen will cast enough light on the keys in the dark, who knows.
You can always use something like a usb led lamp B)

I'm as excited as I could possibly be. Mr. Gonzo's game is a huge plus in addition to all the other independent homebrew games being developed for it. I'm also (at semester's end) going to start trying to learn C++ and try to get myself coding some simple games for PandoraPanic! and maybe move onto something larger I have ideas for.

The Pandora is pretty much my dream handheld, its going to replace my PSP.

joseluisjazz said:
The only thing I'll miss is the illuminated keys on the UX. Maybe someone will develop a mod for this which I would be willing to part for that purpose. Maybe the screen will cast enough light on the keys in the dark, who knows.
You can always use something like a usb led lamp B)

Or, as has been mentioned before, the screen display should illuminate the keyboard just fine when opened at an angle.

j.pickens said:
joseluisjazz said:
You can always use something like a usb led lamp

Or, as has been mentioned before, the screen display should illuminate the keyboard just fine when opened at an angle.
Really I was thinking about solving the lack of ambient light when you are watching the display in the dark, which isn't very good for your eyes afaik.

joseluisjazz said:
j.pickens said:
joseluisjazz said:
You can always use something like a usb led lamp

Really I was thinking about solving the lack of ambient light when you are watching the display in the dark, which isn't very good for your eyes afaik.

Thats a myth, it wont affect your eyes. Maybe after a very long time your head will hurt but thats very unlikely.

I'm so exicted!
And I just can't hide it!
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!!

Back