What game or feature are you excited to try out on the Pyra?

Back on topic, I will enjoy the extra power of the omap5, for 3D printing slicing the 3D models to gcode will be significantly faster.. some jobs I've done take over 15 Minutes on a 1Ghz Pandora, while only ~3 minutes on the OMAP5 devboard running at 1.5Ghz.

Gaming wise, I'd like to see what can be done with Lunixboch's qemu/glshim.. fullspeed Unreal Tournament?, Halflife maybe with his wine implementation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back on topic, I will enjoy the extra power of the omap5, for 3D printing slicing the 3D models to gcode will be significantly faster.. some jobs I've done take over 15 Minutes on a 1Ghz Pandora, while only ~3 minutes on the OMAP5 devboard running at 1.5Ghz.
This is inspiring.  Have you done anything else with your devboard that might be noteworthy?

I can't wait to fire it up and build something for it, with it .. for the first time.  

The first application I'll run on my Pyra will be a compiler or some other development environment.  For sure, I'll be involved in getting things like MOAI running on it; the new-found power of the device will be, for me, to see if I can use it as a development machine standardly.

(I can do this already with the Pandora, but I am sure that multi-core and ghz/gb-levels of performance will make a lot of difference..)

After that, I'm really hoping there'll be some amazing Pyra homebrew to check out.  For me all the wild stuff that this crowd of people have managed to make FOR the Pandora has been very, very inspiring.  It's a gamers world.

I am quite excited to use WINE on the Pyra as well. I can't wait to play a portable version of La-Mulana (hopefully).

I'm hoping with improved wifi on my Pyra it will take less time to transfer music off my server (which actually has less disc space than my pandora has SD space, hence the need for the transfer).

With the Pyra, I may finally go to the effort of setting up a development environment and learn a language to play around with in my spare time... probably Python. It would be such a thrill being able to code.

=~. O =

The built quality (plastic), the full keyboard with shoulder modifier keys, the 16:9 HD 5" screen, high quality nubs, many ports, high quality sound.

Nothing less than a full computer in my hands, that's what I am excited about, it will propably replace my regular computer. For games I think about dreamcast, psp and android.

With the Pyra, I may finally go to the effort of setting up a development environment and learn a language to play around with in my spare time... probably Python. It would be such a thrill being able to code.

=~. O =
No amount of processing speed will aid you in that endeavor.  Just LEARN the Language in question.

FaeMinx - Just attempt to learn...I am.   I'm an idiot and you're smarter than me....so take away that horrible idea....and let's talk - I like that idea that you're going to learn Python.

Back