[Application] Code::Blocks and CommandLine Compile Everything

Since they are not very big compared to this PND, I would be glad to have linux and libc development manpages and info doc included in the PND, and why not throw in the section 1 command docs too.

One PND to rule them all!

This is the biggest PND ever, biggest in the repo anyway.
Yes, I just need to find 'man' :huh: but where it is ? It's a such a common package that I can't find it on the Pandora or it's sources Maybe I didn't search hard enough..

regarding ffmpeg it's correctly builded i think...the program not found it because i miss on script file to add the line:

export PATH=.

Now correctly find ffmpeg and setdar is available.

But i have another thing to fix ...i'm not able to play music, the program try to find a prog called 'play' that i don't know where it is...but i will spend some time on it.

Sorry for derailing this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
"play" on my system is from "sox".  I normally use mplayer.

ptitSeb, Is the new libGL going in here? and have you compiled Allegro 5.0.8 and 5.1.4 using it?

ptitSeb, Is the new libGL going in here? and have you compiled Allegro 5.0.8 and 5.1.4 using it?
You speak of the linuxbochs's OpenGL? I tried, but it doesn't work.

About Allegro, I'm working on 2 approches: for 5.0.8, it try to use the WIZ port, and for 5.1.5, it try to hack the Raspberry PI port... I havn't speed much time yet on that, but I want Hardware Accel on Allegro 5

You speak of the linuxbochs's OpenGL? I tried, but it doesn't work.
Indeed I was. Shame :(

About Allegro, I'm working on 2 approches: for 5.0.8, it try to use the WIZ port, and for 5.1.5, it try to hack the Raspberry PI port... I havn't speed much time yet on that, but I want Hardware Accel on Allegro 5
If you could get it running with Hardware Acceleration, that'd be brilliant. Even just for Allegro5, this entry will get my vote (if it's a community vote?). I had such a frustrating week trying to compile it for both the Pandora and Windows (my build of v5.1.2 seems to run okay on my desktop but fails on the netbook, but I don't know why :unsure: ; I think that was pretty much the last time I did any "hobby" coding)

This is great!  :)   One PND To Rule Them All!

I reckon I am going to vote for you,

and until then I am going to list here every extra library and tool that I'd like you to include!

I'd be happy to help with building some of these.

library and tool requests:

- Webkit/GTK

- ruby and irb

- scheme and forth (not sure what versions are best!)

feature requests:

- maybe update or module system, the PND is very big already...!

- script to use code::blocks cli tools in a new terminal or remote ssh login, like:

#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/
exec bash --rcfile ./cbpnd_cli.sh

- gksudo for ldconfig (and no terminal) when launching code::blocks gui

bugs:

- doesn't seem to run sudo ldconfig properly when I launch the GUI, only when I launch the cli.

This post is going to GROW - check back soon!  haha

Maybe we need like tgz modules add-on system, the PND is very big already...!
I was going to suggest something similar, because I don't need all the python stuff; but didn't know if that'd be a lot of work
Not having to redownload 100+MB each time there's a new library added would be a very nice "addition"

LOL, try 600MB + for this PND!  it is already our biggest PND, worth two copies of the next runner up, wesnoth.

I'm aware of the bug that prevent the ldconfig to launch with the Code::Blocks. But due to the size, I didn't yet repackage the PND. I was waitning for Allegro or Ogre3D to work properly before.

And about switching to gksudo for Codeblocks, sure, I have to look at this.

About a "plugin" system, I have to think about it. For now, I'm not sure I have idea that work. I think, if I go to the plugin route, I will start with "Wine". I'm thinking more and more of a WineRT PND, that should be automaticaly (more or less) mounted when needed. If succeed with that, I can think of other plugin.

About Webkit/GTK, why not, I have to check dependancies.

Ruby, well, I guess Python, Perl and Lua are not enough ;)

Forth, hum, ok.

About a "plugin" system, I have to think about it.

About Webkit/GTK, why not, I have to check dependancies.

Ruby, well, I guess Python, Perl and Lua are not enough ;)
webkit/gtk needs ruby to build (!!) that's why I mentioned it.  or maybe that was some lib to do with html5 ruby annotations... :/  I think it was the ruby language though.

maybe don't worry about forth or scheme they are not standardised

about the "plugins", maybe we just need a fancy way to update pnd without download the whole thing again.  I could work on that.

webkit/gtk needs ruby to build (!!) that's why I mentioned it. 

about the "plugins", maybe we just need a fancy way to update pnd without download the whole thing again.  I could work on that.
I had a go at compiling webkit/gtk - I fairly sure it needs Ruby to build too. Ruby itself is easy enough to compile though.

Re: plugins - there's already the 'addipk' script to add ipks from openpandora.org/feeds to appdata (assuming you're running the PND on an ext2 card). Maybe you could package up extra stuff into ipks, and upload them to openpandora.org/feeds (or upload them somewhere else and edit opkg's feeds list inside the PND).

Re: plugins - there's already the 'addipk' script to add ipks from openpandora.org/feeds to appdata (assuming you're running the PND on an ext2 card). Maybe you could package up extra stuff into ipks, and upload them to openpandora.org/feeds (or upload them somewhere else and edit opkg's feeds list inside the PND).
Would that install into the appdata area, or onto the system?

"play" on my system is from "sox".  I normally use mplayer.
Yes renaming sox with play work :) (play , rec and soxi too are symlinked to the same file sox)...i will test some more of this program and will release soon.

Would that install into the appdata area, or onto the system?
To appdata on sd card, not to nand.

I'm having problems compiling an Allegro 5.1.5 game - it's telling me that it cannot find -lallegro.so.5.1.5; so I moved "liballegro.so.5.1.5" from the link libraries side to the flags side and wrote "-lliballegro.so.5.1.5". I then added /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/libs into the compiler linker search paths in the settings, and it's still telling me it can't find them.

Any ideas?

Just try -lallegro

Also, if it is not there, make a symlink from the liballegro.so.5.1.5 to liballegro.so.

I'm having problems compiling an Allegro 5.1.5 game - it's telling me that it cannot find -lallegro.so.5.1.5; so I moved "liballegro.so.5.1.5" from the link libraries side to the flags side and wrote "-lliballegro.so.5.1.5". I then added /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/libs into the compiler linker search paths in the settings, and it's still telling me it can't find them.

Any ideas?
You should try -lallegro.so.5.1.5 or the line sugested by mcobit, it will link with the latest allegro (5.1.5 for the current code::blocks pnd).

Any ideas?
You should try -lallegro.so.5.1.5 or the line sugested by mcobit, it will link with the latest allegro (5.1.5 for the current code::blocks pnd).
Yeah, I tried that too... it still told me that it couldn't find the lib. Is the latest PND in the Repo? or am I running an older version?

Back