Pandora Code::blocks On The Pandora

sinoth

Website
Visit site
vNSeo.png

Download the PND:
http://sinoth.net/pandora/codeblocks.pnd.gz

Please note this DOES NOT come with a compiler. You will need to get your dev tools (gcc, etc) some other way, such as torpor's compile-on-Pandora method or Stuckie's development PND.

C::B should be writing all its config to appdata/codeblocks, but I'm not 100% about things sneaking onto the NAND. This is my first stab at both cross-compiling and making a PND so please let me know if you have any issues!

Last edited by a moderator:
This vim+cscope+make user thinks: "You are Super cool!"

As for the libs/PND integration issue, doesn't Codeblocks just let you set up a few LD paths and whatnot? Include the system paths, but then the user can add other paths if they are using the Stuckie-PND method of developer tools?

It should work fine with my simple dev PND... though I'm working on a better version just now :)

The PND stuff is actually quite simple, though.. it really is just an ISO containing your app, a PXML file, and perhaps an icon. You then append the PXML file and icon to the end of this ISO and there's your PND! simple!
The hard bit is in ensuring your PXML file is valid, something that I've possibly messed up myself just now, and there are several discussions going on about the format in these very boards and on the wiki ;)

But yay! Congrats :) and I'm sure we can figure something out in making an expandable dev environment without touching the NAND ( or least, that's my goal anyway! )

Nice! One little question: Is there some key combination I could press to hide/show the Management and Logs & others parts and just show the coding part with tabs? That would make reading the code so much easier on the small Pandora screen without sacrificing functionality.

Great news also for me :) i use C::B for all my port (on GP2X and Wiz ) and i really like it!!

Awakening said:
Nice! One little question: Is there some key combination I could press to hide/show the Management and Logs & others parts and just show the coding part with tabs? That would make reading the code so much easier on the small Pandora screen without sacrificing functionality.
I believe it is "F2"

iostream > stdio.h silly c programmer you, hehe.

Anyway, great job!

Wonder if Eclipse would be usable, hmm.

I prefer CodeLite to Code::Blocks nowadays, but it's reassuring that it can be done on the Pandora - I will definitely be looking to port and package it for my machine.

atari_eric said:
I prefer CodeLite to Code::Blocks nowadays, but it's reassuring that it can be done on the Pandora - I will definitely be looking to port and package it for my machine.
I'm curious, what do you like better about CodeLite? I tried it and it seemed very similar to C::B, so similar I didn't see a lot of reason in switching. IIRC the biggest difference was CodeLite having superior code completion, but it may have other pro's by now as it seems to be in very active development.

Also, learning this PND stuff right now so will get one up soon (hopefully) :)

I prefer CodeLite as well.. it seems to handle somewhat obscure build systems better than CodeBlocks.
That and integrated SVN is a nice thing to have :) ( I'm aware that there's an SVN plugin for CodeBlocks, but I've never had much success with it, and last time I looked, it was only for TortoiseSVN; useless when I tend to dev on Linux at home! )

If you can find a way package this with the pandora panic source (or a simple tutorial to get things running with a code blocks pnd) it would be pretty awesome. I'd love to program some minigames on the go. Combined with Gimp for graphics creation, I'd never have to go back to my pc.

Bundle the Wakebreaker sources with it! Wakebreaker is an excellent starting block for 3D games ..

Well, isn't that wondrous. Just happens to be my IDE of choice.

I shall punch the air once this post has been concluded.

Back