[Application] Code::Blocks and CommandLine Compile Everything

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Hi, here is a beta of my entry for the DragonBox Competition 2012/13, for the Application Categories.

The aim of this PND is to be abble, with it, to compile almost everything.

So it is bundled with many compilers and libraries, plus Code::Blocks, that may be a very usable IDE for the Pandora.

With this PND (as of version 1.0.5.08), you can:

• Compile C, C++, Fortran, ObjC, Java, Python, Perl, Lua.
  • use tools like make, cmake (v2.8.10 installed), doxygen, git (v1.8 install), svn, mercurial (v2.4.1 installed).
  • Compile OpenGL softwares (slowly, as it is MesaGL Software rendering that is in use).
  • Use many graphic and sound libraries (SDL, allegro 4, Allegro 5, sparrow3D, SFML, and more to come)
  • Convert Windows softwares with Winelib tools (I used it with the Takaeda's common librairie as a POC, and more to come).

And all of this usable even if the PND is put on a FAT32 SDCard (on this configuration, all PND Files are read-only, so you cannot upgrade anything).

Thanks to freamon for the CDevTools from which this PND is based, there are still many mecanisms in it that are from him.

Get the BETA on the Repo, but don't look for logos, they are not in it yet...

Last edited by a moderator:
You managed to compile Allegro 5? Sweet!

Edit: Well, what I should say, is "Does it work?" I compiled A5, but none of the examples run

About Allegro5, It work slowly with the 5.0.8, because all is using OpenGL.

In here is the 5.1.5, with the GLES2 renderer, but I haven't much tested it. I tried to compile Meka 0.80 with it, but it doesn't start. I have to do some more tests, if the GLES renderer is not mature enough to be usable, I'll switch back to (slow) 5.0.8.

Thank's a million for this ptitSeb ...just downloaded (about 4 hours... :unsure: ) i will test building something very soon.

About Allegro5, It work slowly with the 5.0.8, because all is using OpenGL.

In here is the 5.1.5, with the GLES2 renderer, but I haven't much tested it. I tried to compile Meka 0.80 with it, but it doesn't start. I have to do some more tests, if the GLES renderer is not mature enough to be usable, I'll switch back to (slow) 5.0.8.
Thanks.

I'm going to try and test out performance with my Bulldogs game, and if it's pretty decent, I might reconsider what my entry is for the Dragonbox compo, or at least consider shifting the lib from SDL to Allegro. We'll see. I've not done much coding for a while

What are the Allegro 5.0 and 5.1 libs called? I can't seem to find them in the PND.

In the PND are the 5.1 with GLES renderer, but I think it is part broken.

The libs are called liballegro.so.5.0.8 and liballegro.so.5.1.5 for main libs

but there is also liballegro_acodec liballegro_audio, etc...

They are all in the /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/libs folder.

Ah, I was looking in the /usr/lib/allegro folder :) Thanks

Thx for this great pnd. It makes more easy a maintainer life, ;)

Some things i miss:

Newer SFML version, as the one you compiled has errors already fixed:

http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=88a5ec6134ed66e2fc44b509eab7da93&topic=9602.msg67650#msg67650

I almost finished compiling MARS (98%) when it suddenly appeared, ;)

Libfribidi, taglib and libprotobuf.

Newer QT version. I know this take ages to compile, so i don't expect to see it soon.

ldconfig issues still remain, even if the first time it didnt said any errors.

Ok for SFML, I run some git pull and update it.

For the 3 other libs/proto, no prob, I take a look.

For QT, yes, I know I have to update, not sure when I start this.

Thx for this great pnd. It makes more easy a maintainer life, ;)

I almost finished compiling MARS (98%) when it suddenly appeared, ;)

Libfribidi, taglib and libprotobuf.

Newer QT version. I know this take ages to compile, so i don't expect to see it soon.

ldconfig issues still remain, even if the first time it didnt said any errors.
Did you convert MARS to OpenglES?

You mean this spaceshooter game, don't you?

Hum, I don't think the game will be fun to play. SFML use OpenGL, so it won't be accelerate. Full Software MesaGL beauty...

Did you convert MARS to OpenglES?

You mean this spaceshooter game, don't you?
Yes, the spaceshooter, no i didn't convert to opengles, just trying to compile one opengl game.

It will not run smooth, but other games need opengl to compile, even if the game can use sdl, like Widelands.

If they can used sdl instead of opengl, they most likely have a compileswitch to disable it or the requirements can be defined out.

Hi, here is a beta of my entry for the DragonBox Competition 2012/13, for the Application Categories.

The aim of this PND is to be abble, with it, to compile almost everything.
Can it compile LibreOffice :D ?

hum touché !... In fact, the "almost" is for LibreOffice... I won't compile(yet?). But I will try again later...

I tried to compile Freeciv 2.3.3 again with your new pnd, but libiconv seems broken and freetype-config points to /usr

./autogen.sh --enable-client=sdl --with-ft-prefix=/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/include/freetype2 --with-ft-exec-prefix=/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr

--disable-freetypetest --with-libiconv-prefix=/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr --without-libiconv-prefix
This is what configure says:

checking for iconv... yes
checking for working iconv... no

Then make stop compiling:

CC     fciconv.lo
fciconv.c: In function 'data_to_internal_string_malloc':
fciconv.c:316:1: error: 'transliteration_string' undeclared (first use in this function)

I can still compile with Codeblocks 1.04

Oh? Strange. I don't remember touching anything about freetype, I broke it with even knowing it. Ok, I add to fix that on my TODO for Codeblocks.

Back