Anyone Get There Tracking/shipping Email Yet?

Original PayPal Pre-Order: Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 15:51 UTC
Re-Pre-Order through Google Checkout: Wed, Jan 6, 2009 at 1:44 UTC
Ask for approximate queue position: Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 12:16 UTC

Azure said:
Original PayPal Pre-Order: Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 15:51 UTC
Re-Pre-Order through Google Checkout: Wed, Jan 6, 2009 at 1:44 UTC
Ask for approximate queue position: Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 12:16 UTC
Illuminating... thanks Azure.

Well I think we can officially stop stressing about "THE QUEUE"tm - it's clear that while Pandoras are probably being sent out in roughly the right order, OP are not busting their asses to get them exactly in the right order.

I still need to get home and check my email before I know if I'm annoyed by that :) (ordered @ 14:10 UTC)

edit:utc...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm finding this to be a little disheartening at this point in the game. I was told throughout this process that my order was between 50-60. Last time I changed my address which was the beginning of March (of this year), I was told that I was under 50. I've changed addresses 3 times since the initial address I used to place this order. I've combined two orders as well and was assured that the lower # in the que would be maintained.

My hope is that the email I'm waiting for is tied up in some latency or never made it out of Craig's intranet.

For the record of how early my first order was it had 8 #s after the GXX
My 2nd order for accessories and Dev Fund had 9#s after the GXX.

Anyone have a frickin clue?

Danks always!

Link

WOOO!
Finally Pandora is happening! Woo.

Congrats to everyone who's getting them.

But a bigger Congrats to Open Pandora for finally putting out a product. Not many small companies take on a product of this level of complexity and manage to pull it off.

Na-Noo said:
How long before the thrill turns to jealousy and impatience? :lol:
Too late! :)
Man, this 1,000 cut-off for cases in the first sub-batch is going to make this whole process really anxious. I'm glad this is finally happening. And I'm happy for Craigix and the rest of the crew ... But, man do I hope all you guys ordered after I did. ... No offense.

kidrdbz said:
Time I received order confirmation:
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:09:25 +0100 (BST)

Time I received shipping confirmation:
Fri, 21 May 2010 16:05:30 +0100

Then the order is stuffed, or the order confirmations did not go out in order. My confirmation came in at "Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:07:47 +0100", but no email for me.
This kind of thing is probably why they haven't been giving out exact estimates.

Thanks though, you've given me hope!

borgqueenx said:
Dragons_Slayer said:
HaCo said:
I'm Dutch, but from Belgium :)

Me too :D I ordered from ED's shop, where did you guys (from Belgium/Netherlands) preorder yours?
craig's. wont make much of a difference anyway since i have UPS shipping.
The only thing im concerned about is big delays in shipping the other parts to the old village hall for the other orders.

lol I ordered back in september 2008 on the first pre-order at Evil Dragon.
I tried to ask about my ranking via email, but I believe hes in Korea at the moment, no response yet.

No paypal problems since it was bank wiretransfer.

lol my colleges are making jokes like "so ehm... when do you get your pandora? :) "
or they deliberately show off their Iphones... (trying to convince me to have an Iphone.... Never!!!)
Though the company I work at is die-hard opensource minded.

Yea, I'm a little annoyed too. Not to detract from the awesomeness of these things actually being sent out, but we were told over and over and over again that they would be following the order in the queue. It seems that either they know what that order is or they don't. If they didn't, then Jacquelyn should not have been giving out order numbers, and they shouldn't have told us that they would be sending them out in order. I suppose that the other possibility is that the e-mail did not go out to everybody that it should have.

This seems like one of those fairly simple things that could have been done to meet our expectations. I would like to have a good general idea (within a few days) of when I am going to receive my unit. My expectation, based on the information available yesterday was that it should have shipped today, and arrived sometime mid-next week. Now, since they have gone out of order, I don't know if I will get mine next week or next month or two months. I might get bumped back to the next shipment of parts. Who knows.

Sorry, I don't mean to just sit here and bitch about it, but I was really hoping that these sorts of issues were behind us.

jb0yx said:
Na-Noo said:
How long before the thrill turns to jealousy and impatience? :lol:
5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

emil10001 said:
Yea, I'm a little annoyed too. Not to detract from the awesomeness of these things actually being sent out, but we were told over and over and over again that they would be following the order in the queue. It seems that either they know what that order is or they don't. If they didn't, then Jacquelyn should not have been giving out order numbers, and they shouldn't have told us that they would be sending them out in order. I suppose that the other possibility is that the e-mail did not go out to everybody that it should have.

This seems like one of those fairly simple things that could have been done to meet our expectations. I would like to have a good general idea (within a few days) of when I am going to receive my unit. My expectation, based on the information available yesterday was that it should have shipped today, and arrived sometime mid-next week. Now, since they have gone out of order, I don't know if I will get mine next week or next month or two months. I might get bumped back to the next shipment of parts. Who knows.

Sorry, I don't mean to just sit here and bitch about it, but I was really hoping that these sorts of issues were behind us.

guess I was a little off on my counting... fixed

emil10001 said:

I know what you mean. I don't want to be bumped to the next shipment of parts either. I was also hoping that I could determine when my Pandora will arrive, which, lacking tracking numbers and order of line both seem to make this harder for me. I really hope that my Pandora ships next week.

-God Ginrai

Emil10001 said:
This seems like one of those fairly simple things that could have been done to meet our expectations
Nah, They're probably following an exact order, but there's any number of things that could make that order hard for us to understand.

1. If some of the early orders came in on the same second (entirely likely) the sequence for some orders might literally not be known.
  2. They might be counting the time the "Submit" button was pressed on their forms, they might be counting the time the credit card payment went through (potentially minutes later), they might be counting the time the orders were transferred from their web page to some other database (possibly even by email!). We don't know exactly what event they're basing the timing on.
  3. We don't know the precise timing of whatever event they're using to judge the sequence. We're all hoping that the timestamp of our confirmation emails relate to our place in the sequence, but they've never said that.

Short version : All is well. There is no cause for alarm.

VRAndy said:
Emil10001 said:
This seems like one of those fairly simple things that could have been done to meet our expectations
Nah, They're probably following an exact order, but there's any number of things that could make that order hard for us to understand.

1. If some of the early orders came in on the same second (entirely likely) the sequence for some orders might literally not be known.
  2. They might be counting the time the "Submit" button was pressed on their forms, they might be counting the time the credit card payment went through (potentially minutes later), they might be counting the time the orders were transferred from their web page to some other database (possibly even by email!). We don't know exactly what event they're basing the timing on.
  3. We don't know the precise timing of whatever event they're using to judge the sequence. We're all hoping that the timestamp of our confirmation emails relate to our place in the sequence, but they've never said that.

I think the Alarm is due to the fact that someone who said that he asked for his order in line and was told 550-560 has received a confirmation mail for one of the first 50 shipped.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
I think the Alarm is due to the fact that someone who said that he asked for his order in line and was told 550-560 has received a confirmation mail for one of the first 50 shipped.
Oh. Alright then. Everybody panic.

I'm not bitching or jealous. I basically assumed better communications. Not even a Twitter message from CraigX today. I wonder if the UPS guy is standing in the Village Hall while they pack these up and send the emails one by one? If so, he's probably missed his cutoff for shipping today.

How many people got this email of shipping?

Seems like 3 or 4 people?

Impatient, duh, its only been almost forever.

Hey, by the way, what's the "from" address on these emails? I want to set up the filters on thunderbird.

God Ginrai said:
VRAndy said:
Emil10001 said:

-God Ginrai

^That, and when I asked for my order number in Nov. '09 I was not given a vague range, but I was told that I was number 9. If any of those things that you (VRAndy) listed off were true, then they shouldn't have been giving out queue positions to anybody, and it should have been made clear here that they didn't know the exact order. Instead, we were told repeatedly that they did have an order, and that they were going to follow that when shipping.

Don't worry guys, it'll never be exact. It's possible the orders are just lumped into lots of 100-200 and taken from there. Or perhaps they are sorted by country, and they're sending the first few from each country? Who knows, but it'll all work out soon.

I'm rather depressed that there will be a whole new Chinese factory debacle and even more volcano based schenanigans before I get to see my sweet little black box...

Mjlink said:
I'm not bitching or jealous. I basically assumed better communications. Not even a Twitter message from CraigX today. I wonder if the UPS guy is standing in the Village Hall while they pack these up and send the emails one by one? If so, he's probably missed his cutoff for shipping today.

How many people got this email of shipping?

Seems like 3 or 4 people?

Impatient, duh, its only been almost forever.

Not everyone who get their confirmation email will post on the forums.
Still, I agree that the number seem a little low.

This thing with the queue being a bit bonkers is actually making me want to glance at my email inbox more often.
I'm in the 750 - 850 range so I had no hope for a pandora yet for a few weeks at least. But now...Who knows :)

They gave out approximate positions. With people dropping out for refunds I'm sure a lot of people arent the same place in the line they were a year ago if they even every really knew for sure.

This is one of the reasons I never bothered to ask what my place in line was, I knew that at some point it wouldn't matter. For all we knew the computer spit out random order numbers but lists them numerically. I could be number 50 on the list but 500 in actuality, when they read the list and say "you're number 50 on the list" it could be true but when they go to the files to see who actually ordered the fiftieth Pandora it could be someone else. Not their fault for not knowing it if that's the case.

GunPei2X said:
Don't worry guys, it'll never be exact. It's possible the orders are just lumped into lots of 100-200 and taken from there. Or perhaps they are sorted by country, and they're sending the first few from each country? Who knows, but it'll all work out soon.
You should run for public office with that attitude bro.

Back