Any Snes Fans In The House?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firefox said:
One last video of the Chrono Trigger intro running on PandaSNES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5XGMrv25G0

The Pandora's still underclocked at 500MHz, but now I'm running the kernel with notaz's L2 cache fix. The intro takes a few seconds more than three minutes to run at full speed, here it takes a little under a minute and a half. :)

(This is meant to show that you should be able to underclock your Pandora by quite a bit and still enjoy your favourite games - and for quite a long time between charges, too.)

Pretty crazy stuff. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Moved the various Dreamcast related threads to the Dreamcast topic.

Loving how CT looks at twice the speed it needs to be, Firefox!

God Ginrai said:
Pleng said:
That's why I'd like to see it running on the Pandora, to see how nice it looks fullspeed on something that will have good controls. (I can't stand playing SNES on a keyboard)

Why would you ever be in the position of having to play SNES games on a keyboard, when USB Game Pads are so cheap?!

Because I don't really have the money for USB game pads because I'm saving up for the Pandora and Dreamcast games.

-God Ginrai

Heh, cover the shipping and I'll send you one of my old PSX styled USB controllers (Logitech RumblePad) ;).

icurafu said:
This thing must breath video bandwidth!
Consider these are running at 800*480 - the LCD supports 400*240 (doubled up) to save bandwidth too.... :)

Edited to change History.

icurafu said:
More than 6x performance enhancement just from L2 cache. Amazing.

You misread Firefox : it's 2x faster. Which is nonetheless quite good :)

I just hope that this will run Top Gear 1 and 2 at full speed. (or Top Racer if you are on the other side of the ocean).

It's those two games that seems to stress the emulators the most IMHO. Most notably in the intro when the music starts playing and the title words winds onto the screen. And when racing. Probably because of all that Mode 7.

Here's to hoping!!!

;

Blades said:
I just hope that this will run Top Gear 1 and 2 at full speed. (or Top Racer if you are on the other side of the ocean).

It's those two games that seems to stress the emulators the most IMHO. Most notably in the intro when the music starts playing and the title words winds onto the screen. And when racing. Probably because of all that Mode 7.

Here's to hoping!!!

;

I'm pretty sure there was no mode 7 in Top Gear/Racer except on the title screen. The games with inbuilt DSP are the ones to watch out for such as F1 Exhaust Heat II.

x68000 said:
Blades said:

Here's to hoping!!!

;

I'm pretty sure there was no mode 7 in Top Gear/Racer except on the title screen. The games with inbuilt DSP are the ones to watch out for such as F1 Exhaust Heat II.

That might be true. However, I know that those two games, usually bring the Emu's to a crawl. Unless you put frameskip on high.

;

Squidge, Firefox could this emulator be programmed to play Weapon Lord with the correct sound?

I have no programming skills, I understand it would be quite a lot of work. Would love ya forever if you could get it to work :)

It seems to work with Bsnes, but that dude started from scratch on his own build and the system requirements are quite high.

the hardest snes games to emulate and run at 50/60 would be ..

star ocean
tales of fantasia
stunt race fx
starfox
topgear 1- 2 - 3
final fantasy 3
fzero
super metroid
mario rpg
super mario kart
pilotwings

anything else with mode7 can be pretty slow,i need 1 frameskip turned on for the
above games to run smoothly on my psp apart from the fxchip games,and everything
else i can think of runs 60fps tho the psp has nothing to do with the pandora ohh and by
the way well done and great news on pandasnes ! i also very much like the name Pandasnes
and it would be kool if other emulators follow the Panda tradition.

I usually wouldn't ask, but...

WarmFluffyUK said:
Did I miss it or is there news if Starfox is running yet?
Or Star Fox 2? :D

paddy said:
[...]everything else i can think of runs 60fps[...]

I wish that was true! I've completed Megaman 1-6 a few years ago on my GP32.
Since "Megaman 7" is a SNES-title I wanted to continue the series on my PSP using SNES9X TYL++ 4.2 ME (or whatever), but this seemingly simple title works badly. As soon as there is another layer for rain or transparency the emu crawls and frameskip has to be 2 or 3 to stay playable.

Also "Super Turrican" runs crappy.

SNES- and Amiga-emulation are the only reasons I've bought the Pandora. I'm convinced it will be able to handle those systems (OCS for Amiga) at fullspeed with sound and without frameskip (excluding the SuperFX-chip-titles which I don't care about anyway).

I just assumed (wrongly i guess) that the Pandora would run all snes games at an accurate frame rate (25fps or whatever the standard is / was ), am i right in saying that we may still not be able to play stunt race fx properly on Pandora??

Given all the talk of possible N64 emulators (and even dreamcast), it hadn't even crossed my mind that it couldnt handle ALL snes games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back