Software In Production For Openpandora

'WizardStan' said:
'StreaK' said:
I wonder why anybody didnt tried to create this list earlier
Because it's ultimately an exercise in futility. Look at how long your list is, how much effort you've had to expend getting what you have so far, and then realize that it's but a small fraction of what really is (or will be) available. I applaud your efforts, but I think you're going about it all wrong.
To be honest, i've made this list long time ago, it was created mainly for first issue of InsideTheBox, but i havent still finished it so i decided to put this list in here. It was completed few months back, and i didnt a lot work today..

I dont think its wrong in anyway. Of course i know i couldnt make complete list, but i have strong feeling it will help [new users ] somehow to see what we have done and where we are heading...

Last edited by a moderator:
ScummMV would be djwillis no?

I'll bring over my gp2x BattleJewels if not future incarnations of it; OutcaST maybe, though Hatari trumps it in most ways and both me and cpas have ported Hatari so we know thats in :)

jeff

I'd hate to see mention of the null DC emulator, without mention of drkIIraziel's name as well.

StreaK said:
'Kaze0110' said:
I'd hate to see mention of the null DC emulator, without mention of drkIIraziel's name as well.
Done..

BTW. Any info about porting gpSP for Pandora?

I'm making zodttd do it (he'll bring over the GP2X version while I gradually work on new stuff)

'Sphinxter' said:
'StreaK' said:
In here i would like to gather all information about existing / new and future releases [ in production ] for OpenPandora. Of

Not being critical or anything but just wondering what is the point of this?
'StreaK' said:
..but i have strong feeling it will help [new users ] somehow to see what we have done and where we are heading...
Just try to see for it from different angle. Youre in here since 2006, yes? but not everybody is veteran like You on gp32x.de and likes to dig up every post thru 2007-2009 in pandora section to know whats going on, right?

If You never wanted to create such list, thats alright for me, but if i would like to see this kind of list, maybe someone will like to see it aswell...

I dont expect to applause or understanding, i just created it because, i feel i would like to see this list on gp32x.de.

What you'll do if i ask You a question "Whats the point of creating Buzzy's Bad Day?" This is a question similiar that you ask me...

I just edited the games page on the wiki. Added a table and a few games to test it. I'm not great at web design, but it is functional. I will probably make the same style table on the other pages that would benefit from the design (emulators, utilities, etc.). The table is sortable and I feel it is a good feature to have.

how about moving the list to the wiki and continuing the discussion here...

wikis are the best for collaboration... instead of 1000 posts here telling you to add stuff... lots of people could add it themselves

prophet's emu list is a prime example of why lists should be on the wiki

'StreaK' said:
I wonder why anybody didnt tried to create this list earlier
I made a similar one :)
CODE

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=45922&hl=

Just to let you know I am the developer of Game #27 "Unnamed Platform Game"

The development has been put on hold until May/June when I finish my dissertation/exams.

The name of the game is Monster! and details can be found here

I don't see a mention of Android anywhere here. It's ported to the beagleboard already, I'm not sure if anyone is working on porting that to Pandora. I may take a stab at it if no one else does.

'TheRain' said:
I don't see a mention of Android anywhere here. It's ported to the beagleboard already, I'm not sure if anyone is working on porting that to Pandora. I may take a stab at it if no one else does.
07. Android Omap
Link: http://elinux.org/Android_on_OMAP

Android was added today morning :)

Thanks, I saw that it was missing yesterday and decided to respond today... guess that will teach me to re-check my facts :p

I would love to see a very stable port of android on Pandora with full hardware support. I'm not sure how challenging that would be to do but it seems possible given that there are already linux drivers for all parts of the hardware. Though I remember reading that some of the drivers are not open source... hopefully those can be used with Android anyway. I read an overview a month or so ago of the challenges the folks who ported android to the Nokia 810 tablet ran into and it sounded like some of it had to do with naming convention changes between mainline linux and Android linux.

Anyway, my desire for Android springs from the fact that it's UI elements are designed for smaller form factors.

Back