Software In Production For Openpandora

Wikified: pandorawiki.org/Projects_Under_Development

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND that all additional editing takes place on the wiki only.

StreaK said:
'Sphinxter' said:
'StreaK' said:
In here i would like to gather all information about existing / new and future releases [ in production ] for OpenPandora. Of

Not being critical or anything but just wondering what is the point of this?
'StreaK' said:
..but i have strong feeling it will help [new users ] somehow to see what we have done and where we are heading...
Just try to see for it from different angle. Youre in here since 2006, yes? but not everybody is veteran like You on gp32x.de and likes to dig up every post thru 2007-2009 in pandora section to know whats going on, right?

If You never wanted to create such list, thats alright for me, but if i would like to see this kind of list, maybe someone will like to see it aswell...

I dont expect to applause or understanding, i just created it because, i feel i would like to see this list on gp32x.de.

What you'll do if i ask You a question "Whats the point of creating Buzzy's Bad Day?" This is a question similiar that you ask me...
Still not being critical a bit here. BBD fullfilled my artistic vision, not really the same or hey maybe it is. I agree with Chip the wiki might be a better place to keep it just like the gp2x and once the first run ships it will most likely start raining product launch announcements and screenshots so we'll see something more like www.gp32x.de or the unofficial blog with a stream of news. I have re-scaled and re-drawn versions for the pandora waiting in the wings, would they belong on the list? I also have an original never before seen exclusive to the pandora title in the works but haven't settled on a name yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Sphinxter' said:
I agree with Chip the wiki might be a better place to keep it ...
Its already on Pandora Wiki

CODE

http://pandorawiki.org/Projects_Under_Development

so im adding new items in there :). I still have some problems how to standarize the status? any ideas?
Unknown / Work in progress [wip] / working build / Completed / Version ??

and should we make another tab with "Screens" or just put link with screen in LINK tab?

StreaK said:
I still have some problems how to standarize the status? any ideas?
Unknown / Work in progress [wip] / working build / Completed / Version ??
How about adding "Announced" as a status? :)

and should we make another tab with "Screens" or just put link with screen in LINK tab?

Using a link would be less "busy", I think.

I'm porting the PocketSphinx speech recognition software to the pandora. Development on beagleboard while waiting for the second batch of pandoras.

The eventual goal is to have a large vocabulary, speaker independent speech recognition system. Specific goals in the port will be 1) getting it running on angstrom/omap 2) speed optimization, including DSP utilization 3) adapting the speech models to the properties of the built-in mic 4) preparing how-to documentation specific to the platform

If you're interested in using speech recognition software, I'd encourage you to go to voxforge and submit audio samples. The accuracy and available vocabulary are limited mainly be the number of audio samples we have to train the system with. I will be using models based on voxforge's libraries, so submitting samples should (in theory) improve the program's ability to understand you in particular.

I've changed the wiki page by putting everything in alphabetical order (to ease editing) and adding some information (i.e. an extra column to the emulators section):

pandorawiki.org/Projects_Under_Development

Here's the first look of my own little project Gravity Blocks. A game designed for the Pandora in mind. Still very early in development though.

CODE
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47662

You have TINXL but not POND. I would think if you had one, you'd want the other too. Neither have had updates in 2009, but POND is a bit more current :/

www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=44768

If you want, you can put down ASCII3D. I guess it would go under graphical engines. It's in VERY early development though.

Have people forgotten the Pangea GUI?

No updates doesn't mean it has stopped its development.

'StreaK' said:
'efegea' said:
Have people forgotten the Pangea GUI?

No updates doesn''t mean it has stopped its development.
@efegea, drop some info about it so we could update all in pandorawiki

What kind of info? I don't know what to say :lol: There was a thread I did open a lot of time ago: CODE
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=45631&hl=pangea

Although there are things that are different since that thread, i.e the category list is on the top, the application list is now smaller and there is now a new frame showing info of the selected app. And now it uses libpnd :p

But the XML skinning system and the rest of features are still there.

EDIT: oh, and you can consider it as a "Work In Progress"

Android as alternative OS should be observed more seriously now: I argued it here, so I'll just repeat a few news:
Now it has a C/C++ NDK - Native Dev Kit, including cross-compiler toolchain. C/C++ Apps could be also builded/ported @ARM directly like it's shown here.
There is also Android Scripting Environment (ASE) for "quick" building apps with e. g. Python & Lua.
Here is also brand new Euphoria interpreter ported to Android. It means that bunch of existing code could be reused.
Because we know that BeagleBoard port already exists, and so tools to achieve it @Pandora (ECC), it should become higher on list of priorities. At least, we should consider that Google, Canonical etc are working hard to make it Open (handheld) Standard.
Production of Pandora specific apps will be eminent then. Made by scripting, or hardcore machine-coded through libc.

Back