Any Snes Fans In The House?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep ,forgot to add turrican as a hard to run game and i never really played all the megaman games apart from x1 2 and 3,snestly is far from perfect in terms of speed but the emulation is near perfect so
its just down to the cpu/gpu in question,i would imagine the Pandora running snes stuff full speed no mater what game is running on it,that is if it has been coded well.

paddy said:
i never really played all the megaman games apart from x1 2 and 3

The Megaman-games never appealled much to me, either (prefer Castlevania). I just forced myself to try and beat Megaman I and all of a sudden I started to really enjoy the series...

@cheesygrin: It's 60fps (50fps for the often slower PAL-versions).

Last edited by a moderator:
No, well starfox yes. Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds = heck yea. that game is sickly awesome

Isn't Pandora fast enough to run Snes9x, even on the most demanding of titles, like Super Mario RPG?

If so, isn't this just reinventing the wheel?

paddy said:
the hardest snes games to emulate and run at 50/60 would be ..
star ocean
tales of fantasia
stunt race fx
starfox
topgear 1- 2 - 3
final fantasy 3
fzero
super metroid
mario rpg
super mario kart
pilotwings

anything else with mode7 can be pretty slow,i need 1 frameskip turned on for the
above games to run smoothly on my psp apart from the fxchip games,and everything
else i can think of runs 60fps tho the psp has nothing to do with the pandora ohh and by
the way well done and great news on pandasnes ! i also very much like the name Pandasnes
and it would be kool if other emulators follow the Panda tradition.

star ocean only recently started to be able to be emulated in the best pc emulator. zsnes. it requires you decompress all the graphic packs and place them in the directory with the rom. from what i have seen if it can run star ocean at full speed with no graphical error's it can handle anything 'else' on that list. or any other snes game. if it can run star ocean without having the graphics decompressed. i will be very much impressed.

One Question, could this emulate Super Mario World Hacks? Hopefully yes, because i Think they work on the PSP. I'm talking about ones here

an emulator can run any object compiled or hacked game image. just like pokemon GBA hacks and so on. So yes.
Though at least you did a good job by using search or looking, and not making a new topic, you still dug up a REALLY old thread :p

How is this an old thread? the last post was only posted a couple of hours before mine? The first post may be old but the discussion still exists.

Star Ocean runs at about 14fps right now on my GP2x in DrPocketSnes, and about 30fps in battles. it gave me a "decompressing failed" message while loading the rom, but it didnt seem to matter (i havent spent time on figuring out how to play with decompressed files).
We're talking GP2x here. This means that the Panda should be able to handle this and all (or nearly all) the other SNES games perfectly if the emulator is likely as good programmed as the GP2x one.

Drack said:
Isn't Pandora fast enough to run Snes9x, even on the most demanding of titles, like Super Mario RPG?

What do you think this is a port of? Did you think someone has written an SNES emulator from scratch for the Pandora?

Bit of a bump, but I was just wondering whether this port of snes9x has support for the JMA file format? It was put into the original version of snes9x about 4 years ago, but I remember it wasn't present in squidgesnes for the GP2X (which I think was based off of snes9x).

Drack said:

exophase, I think he meant running the snes9x linux version available for computers (not knowing x86 != arm :) )

the simple answer is that you can't run desktop (x86 processor) linux software in the pandora (arm processor), you need to compile it with the pandora in mind.
but as the snes9x source code is open (and you have very nice optimizations and clean ups made, like the gp2x port), it's going to be somewhat straight to port it to the pandora, so not much extra work in here as it may look, drack :)

.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
Drack said:

exophase, I think he meant running the snes9x linux version available for computers (not knowing x86 != arm :) )

the simple answer is that you can't run desktop (x86 processor) linux software in the pandora (arm processor), you need to compile it with the pandora in mind.
but as the snes9x source code is open (and you have very nice optimizations and clean ups made, like the gp2x port), it's going to be somewhat straight to port it to the pandora, so not much extra work in here as it may look, drack :)

That is exactly my point. Just change a few things in the makefile, recompile, and it should work.

If this were a simple port, why bring up game-specific problems that don't apply to other versions of snes9x?

Drack said:
That is exactly my point. Just change a few things in the makefile, recompile, and it should work.

If this were a simple port, why bring up game-specific problems that don't apply to other versions of snes9x?
The truth is a little more complicated than what I said. The version of SNES9x used is a branch for portables (iirc, PocketPCs at first) that split off ages ago and has lagged getting synchronized and has its own issues. They're not reinventing the wheel, but the mainline version of SNES9x is not suitable for platforms like Pandora. It's too demanding (look at the minimum specs, requirements are up to like 1GHz x86).

I'm probably not the only one who wouldn't be too worried about getting an unoptimised, unfinished SNES9X (are these projects *ever* really finished?) for the Panda and waiting for fixes later. Lufia 2 is all you really need!

They're not reinventing the wheel, but the mainline version of SNES9x is not suitable for platforms like Pandora. It's too demanding (look at the minimum specs, requirements are up to like 1GHz x86).

fullspeed on 400-624 mhz xscale(so, arm) with maxxed, uninterpolated(a MUST) sound and transparency on...actually..i am talking bout xscale not qualcomm cpu optimized versions.

i believe Pandora is able to handle snes PER-FECT-LY.

it may take yrs, though.

sound and transparency on...actually..i am talking bout xscale not qualcomm cpu optimized versions.

i believe Pandora is able to handle snes PER-FECT-LY.

it may take yrs, though.
That is NOT mainline SNES9x, it's PocketSNES. Just like what was being ported here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back