And suddenly it works.

spock.jpg

I was thinking of drilling some holes in my case if heat is an issue and I can find some good places for them. Not sure if it would have much impact based on how heat is planned to be handled.

Would putting heat dispensing utilities below the PCB and the stuff that it holds or on the side of the case make the case that much bigger, vertically? There has to be someone with some "ingenious" solution based on how Pyra is built.
Also, not sure, but I've heard of fans that can be pretty small.

As for Linux and Games, I'll make a list of games pretty soon.

I was thinking of drilling some holes in my case if heat is an issue and I can find some good places for them. Not sure if it would have much impact based on how heat is planned to be handled.

You'll need at least a submachine-gun to make some holes in it !!

You know nothing: Jon Snow

That is quite rude... I may have misspelled his name, although I could claim that my spell correction did do the misspelling... But to say that I actually know nothing is
a bit of of exaggeration, I think. :'( That hurts.

BTW is that an prototype USB to eSATA Adaptor which is connected to the Left USB Port?
No, it is an "USB to USB cable" which allows to measure signals and the current flowing from one end to the other and do other experiments. The design has an optional potentiometer to be a dummy load for the USB host power supply, so we can check how much current the port can provide.

The OMAP5-USB-to-eSATA adapter will look similar, but will be smaller.

No, it is an "USB to USB cable" which allows to measure signals and the current flowing from one end to the other and do other experiments. The design has an optional potentiometer to be a dummy load for the USB host power supply, so we can check how much current the port can provide.

So how much can it provides?

Multimeter as a feature confirmed!

By the way, in case you didn't know:
The Pyra can charge the battery even when the system is switched off.
It even charges the battery when the CPU board is not even there - it's all handled by the charger chip.

This is the best thing I've heard in a while. I always hated that the Pandora didn't have a charging microkernel.

Here's hoping you find a good heat dissipation solution.

-God Ginrai

Maybe an extension cable to attach our own body to the Pyra will make the best dissipation solution ever made !!

Boiling helium is pretty good for keeping things cold, though I suspect extreme low temperatures would cause more damage than typical overheating.

As to heat dissipation, could some vents be cut in the case somewhere to get convention going while the lid is open?
Most other heat-removal ploys I can think of require a major case rework..

I found this:

7126tonGE6L._SX425_.jpg

That can be attached on the botton in the right sd card reader to take away some heat...

You realize that heatsink and fan height wise is about the thickness of the Pandora...

Back