And suddenly it works.

oksda is probably going to go off and complain about how pretentious we are and unwilling to listen to criticism just like all the others.
I honestly have no idea how that could have come out any different, other than the obvious "do everything the person says despite the cost".

oksda is probably going to go off and complain about how pretentious we are and unwilling to listen to criticism just like all the others.
I honestly have no idea how that could have come out any different, other than the obvious "do everything the person says despite the cost".
I kept your concerns in mind, which is why I attempted to be somewhat gentle. The Pyra would never be released if he implemented every suggestion, or made major changes whenever someone had a gripe. Next we will be hearing that they should redesign it so it is slimmer. :p

Next we will be hearing that they should redesign it so it is slimmer.
We've had that complaint before. I think it ended the same way, with the person saying we were all morons doomed to failure because we just couldn't see that it was too big (which, of course, may be true in some ways, but we all know it is literally as thin as it can get and still boast the same feature set)

Looking good, but does look noticeably larger. Pandora wasn't exactly slim and lite, but looks that way when comparing the two.

I think the benefits out way the slight disadvantage though. Really like how that bigger screen looks on it.

We've had that complaint before. I think it ended the same way, with the person saying we were all morons doomed to failure because we just couldn't see that it was too big (which, of course, may be true in some ways, but we all know it is literally as thin as it can get and still boast the same feature set)
It was a joking jab at you, referencing this. Now that you mention it, I think I remember that. Maybe we are as bad as what they say we are. Maybe ED should just focus on making things that are identical to other products on the market instead.

Looking good, but does look noticeably larger. Pandora wasn't exactly slim and lite, but looks that way when comparing the two.

I think the benefits out way the slight disadvantage though. Really like how that bigger screen looks on it.
I plan on only shoving the Pyra in my pocket while walking around, like I do with my Pandora. I don't like having big things poking me through my pockets.

I didn't expect myself to be impressed by the screen size. I knew the higher resolution would help me out. Now I think the size might help my eyes out a bit, which will be pretty nice.

Extra shoulder buttons, plus that modified keyboard, on the Pandora...this is yours, isn't it? Thanks for putting the pics here.

Yes :). I already had some fun.

Size: It's not that big.
It's a lot bigger when it's open but closed it's not that much.

It's heavier because of the battery.

I cant beliefer there arent speakers installed, as ED mentionet on a previous Prototyphe Video where he puzzled the Printet case that the speakers arent that divicult to install..
They being just put in this holes, and then the connection to the Boards are made via springs..

He wants to install a diverent OS where he also will mapp the keyboard..
So i think in future prototyphe videos, there could be more possible to show..

Cool pictures indeed, cant wait for the next ..

No I can think of a dozen things about the Pyra that would steer people away before a few extra characters on the keyboard.

You are right :)
[doublepost=1457877520,1457876691][/doublepost]

This is my last message about this question, because you continue and continue and continue, although I said clearly in my 1st message it was decided/closed/finished/etc/etc.

To select a really international design (covering near al Western languages like US-international layout does (without requiring 4 keys for some very usual characters in some languages)) has the same cost to do a layout for German-French. Period (full stop). Simply they decided to do German-French layout, and obviously some people will see a German keyboard, others a German-French, so that IMO would reduce acceptance in some countries.

I end here, because you continue an continue about this question even without understanding what I am saying long ago since 1st message.

Please, forget this question if you can not understand it (understand what I am saying), and let's enjoy new pictures/video of Pyra in naked case :)
[doublepost=1457878057][/doublepost]
Are you going to try the heat issue now?

I think it will take a bit of time and, and the temperature isn't the important data: it is performance on sustained use.

This SOC/cores can be clocled down at a certain temperature, so they doesn't heat above a limit, so here there is no problem: CPU will be clocked down, slow-down.

For me the important question is: what SPEED will it maintain continuously at room temperature (for example at 20°C/22°C room temperature) ?

For example, when you begin an intensive CPU task, it will begin at maximum speed, but when it reaches a certain temperature it will slow-down CPU to generate less heat. The important data for me is that sustainable in time maximum speed.

Last edited:
to maintain room temperature, the CPU would have to be off. just basic laws of physics... but something above that should be reasonable ;)

@oksda may I just add, that there aren't as many German characters as you think? Actually we only have ö,ä,ü and ß... the rest are other languages. so yeah, troll complains way too late in the game. period.

I like the ignore function of this board very much. With JS disabled there is not even a hint that some posts are hidden and its like listening in on one side of a telephone conversation. Only downside is that threads are marked as having new content even if there is only hidden new content and automatic navigation to first unread post fails if it is hidden.

@oksda may I just add, that there aren't as many German characters as you think? Actually we only have ö,ä,ü and ß... the rest are other languages. so yeah, troll complains way too late in the game. period.

You continue trolling and you don't understand.

1st/ I don't complain, I was only saying other person that this was a closed/finshed/etc question. But incredibly you think I complain :D

2nd/ You think "only 4... only": but those 4 are totally visible in keyborad (even lighted up), and those 4 are clearly German, so people on other countries/languages will see a German keyboard (even without knowing QWERTZ).

Please, don't disturb me more with your trolling and without understand what I was saying (even don't disturb me if you understand it at all: I said it is closed. PERIOD).

Really I wasn't thinking I would encounter such troll and no understanding in a blog about a Linux computer, but some people surprise me.

you keep saying the issue is closed YET you still continue to argue. therefore it is only closed if we agree with you?? sorry not happening.

take a tip from Frozen... let it go!

Back