Analyzing 4GB RAM

Methinks you confused Dark Pulse with Zwerg01. I was thinking the same as you until I went back and realized they were different people
Looking at it again, that is exactly what I did...

@Dark Pulse, can you point me to the forum for your large and complex community driven project that you are working on with limited help and time between your regular day job, running an online store and various other things, so I can criticize on how long it's taking?
As others have said, I wasn't attacking ED, I was defending him. We're nearly there - I'm excited.

My stance on the issue was as it was four months ago: One last major bug to get nipped (the 4 GB RAM bug), further testing/simulations to make sure anything else that was problematic got done, protos get made and tested, then mass production. And voila. My optimistic estimate was four months; my conservative one was six. Six minus four... is two months. For reals.

I missed stuff like Chinese New Year, and FormAction dragging their heels also introduced a relatively small (but present) delay. Without those, it's entirely possible protos would be getting tested right around now instead of in a handful of weeks still.

"Two months for reals" is thus hopefully how long it is until the first orderers get theirs. I won't be getting mine for a bit after that even, since I'd be part of that Post-1000 batch, but my Pyra is already bought, paid for with vouchers, and hopefully those cover the shipping as well. I'm not one of those guys who'll never buy one - and if you'd really like me to show my investment, I'll throw in a picture of my Pandora at no extra charge.

I'm behind ED and this project 100%, and I'm a patient dude. HOPEFULLY it don't take too much longer, but don't confuse me with one of those "LOL IT'LL NEVER GET MADE PYRA SUXXXXXXXX" trolls please.

sure, but my emphasis was more on files. Using a video platform is only one way to share files.

I can try to make some "I launch program XXX" videos and upload the files.

See my other thread how well my phone works with screens. It has a really good camera for a phone but is not made for that usecase.
+ Me holding it in my hand.

I will try the next days. And if it's not too horrible and you don't mind, I don't mind uploading ;)

Man I really wish it comes out this march so that my previous prediction is somehow technically was accurate :oops:
March? We are not anywhere close to achieving that, are we? I would estimate that at 0% chance.

Have I missed something? What is left to do?

March? We are not anywhere close to achieving that, are we? I would estimate that at 0% chance.

Have I missed something? What is left to do?
No it's a joke, I quoted myself from two years ago dec 2016, so the month march I was referring to has long past, I'm really bad at guessing when the Pyra is going to come out :p

No it's a joke
Oh. Then either the joke went over my head or it wasn't funny to begin with ;)
I quoted myself from two years ago dec 2016, so the month march I was referring to has long past, I'm really bad at guessing when the Pyra is going to come out :p
We all are. Perhaps that's why I am super pessimistic about it. It lessens the impact of the inevitable disappointment.

Oh. Then either the joke went over my head or it wasn't funny to begin with ;)

We all are. Perhaps that's why I am super pessimistic about it. It lessens the impact of the inevitable disappointment.
Do as Emmanuel Lasker did - become a cheerful pessimist.

All I know is I like new news posts, even if they are paltry status updates with no real meat. Having to pick clean whatever morsels I can get from the older ones gets tiring.

codecPyratiensis.jpg
Image of the Codec Pyratiensis - The book of Pyra (not the Book of the Dragon).

In this fresco, we see people from all cultures patiently waiting 2 months in a row for news. You can deduce from the lackluster expressions of boredom that they have been waiting for a long, long time.

View attachment 31544 Image of the Codec Pyratiensis - The book of Pyra (not the Book of the Dragon).

In this fresco, we see people from all cultures patiently waiting 2 months in a row for news. You can deduce from the lackluster expressions of boredom that they have been waiting for a long, long time.
However, in that time, they have gotten excellent at synchronized sitting and posing, with each and every subject adopting a look of "Two months. I'm totally fine with it. Totally. It doesn't bother me at all. I was BORN for two months."

EvilDragon's Pavlovian Conditioning of his customers, utilizing his product as the stimulus and the forums as his Skinner Box, was a complete and total success.

In case anyone is taking this too seriously, I am joking here and riffing off FBnil's image. Now chill out and resume your synchronized sitting and posing, you filthy animal.

Back