Aluminium Case being made!

As the  manufacturer of the Aluminum case, I want to end some speculations:

1. Yes, the housing will be redesigned for maxiumum durability and easy manufacturing but still keeping the outer design. With this, all the clips will get replaced by screws.

2. Yes, we will have a very close look at the hinges - a basic redesign of this part is very likely.

3. We will use Aluminum AW7075 which is even stronger (up to 540 N/mm²) than standard steel (such as S235JR aka St37 - 350 N/mm²)

4. The antennas will get plastic windows in the housing, so the WIFI and Bluetooth performance will (hopefully) not suffer. However, some kind of directivity may occur.

5. Before delivery we will check all components to fit in perfectly.

6. The housings will get manufactured in Germany on a brand new 5-Axis CNC machining center.
 Interesting, if these points are really going to be addressed, I guess I'll have to cut something off from my Pyra budget.
And, after all, I want to mention that I am an Electronic Engineer (TU Karlsruhe), so I believe that I should have some Idea of what I am doing.
A quick "Yay" for the "Nabel der Welt"

This is awesome!

I think I'm going for an aluminium case + ghz upgrade combo. As soon as it's available.

Quick question to the designer (or Evildragon): I want to buy my pandora in some months (hopefully). Do you know if there's any approximate date for the release of this? Will Dragon Box launch a Special pack with aluminum 1ghz case and the stuff that it is now being sold like a pack?

Great idea! My black 1 GHz is cracking in the usual spots.

I will be in if:

1. Screen bezel is screw-in like Pyra.

2. Hinge is improved to a laptop style or opens at Nintendo DS angle.

3. Internal WiFi still works.

4. It is not too heavy.

4. It is not too heavy.
How heavy could the Pandora's case amount of aluminum be?

I counter your requirement by insisting for my purchase that it be recognizably heavier than the plastic case.

I want buy one too ;)

Will this posted in the German Pandora Forum too?

Will the Cases appear then in the Dragonbox Shop?

I am in too, already have a ghz pandora, so i want the case, a silver one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A silver case has never been offered.

The available colours are:

Olive-browns (see foto at the first posting) or

Black.

They will have a so called "hard coating" which is as hard as glas and normally used as a very effective protection for technical parts (like inside pneumatic pistons etc.).

Hey IDV, how is the % of this project? Do you know something about the wifi? Sorry if im hyped but im hyped XD

That is really great... but I don't really want to send my pandora back... and while it's pretty cheap for what it is, it still is a fair amount of money... I'm really hesitating...

I'd definitely go for a black one. As a former CNC mill programmer, setter/operator, I'll be interested to see the overall fit and finish - and I rather like the idea of armour plating my Pandora!

Back