Release Albion

You mean the video from post #71 ?
Yes, now I wonder why the update notification in "my content" isn't working properly anymore.

I totally missed this but everything was marked as read.

Nevermind, sorry for doublepost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the key and screenshot fix! I've noticed another minor bug with num lock. Normally with num lock turned on, you can type numbers; with it off, it works like cursor keys. However, Albion doesn't actually check the current state of num lock, it just checks whether the state is changed and switches its internal state. Therefore, the game starts always with the num keys working as cursor keys and you have to switch num lock off (if you started Albion with it on) to type numbers with it.

Thanks for the key and screenshot fix! I've noticed another minor bug with num lock. Normally with num lock turned on, you can type numbers; with it off, it works like cursor keys. However, Albion doesn't actually check the current state of num lock, it just checks whether the state is changed and switches its internal state. Therefore, the game starts always with the num keys working as cursor keys and you have to switch num lock off (if you started Albion with it on) to type numbers with it.
The problem with numlock is not a bug in Albion, but a bug in SDL library (on Windows).You can replace it with an older version (1.2.14) to fix the numlock problem (current version is 1.2.15), but you might come accross some other bugs which were fixed in the newer version.

I should take a look at SDL 2.0.

Just to say... Albion appeared on GOG !!  :)

And if I still believed in GoG's "cause" I'd gladly purchase it again, but they've strayed from where they started and I don't feel comfortable throwing money at them just to show support.[/old_man_grumble]

And if I still believed in GoG's "cause" I'd gladly purchase it again, but they've strayed from where they started and I don't feel comfortable throwing money at them just to show support.
[/old_man_grumble]
Bad news about this package:

GOG has rebuilt the files, the structure isn't the same (i.e. videos folder is missing, game.gog file of 140mb is likely responsible for crap they cut out etc), it's not gonna work out of the box I think. The mod/rebuild that is.

Looking at the screenshots... is it just my impression or the graphic is better than the original ? o_O

And if I still believed in GoG's "cause" I'd gladly purchase it again, but they've strayed from where they started and I don't feel comfortable throwing money at them just to show support.
[/old_man_grumble]
Bad news about this package:

GOG has rebuilt the files, the structure isn't the same (i.e. videos folder is missing, game.gog file of 140mb is likely responsible for crap they cut out etc), it's not gonna work out of the box I think. The mod/rebuild that is.
they usually make the game.gog the cdrom iso, so it may be if you mount that file and run the normal install all the files could be installed to the harddrive.

it would make sense for them to leave data that would be duplicated in the iso for space considerations

Seems like the second one

Also in their forum someone posted links of M-HT's ports

Hi,

I updated Albion to version 1.5.4

Download it here:
Repo

Changes:
* fix bug in the original code

I also updated the Linux and Windows versions.
Windows version also contains new MIDI plugin (selected by default): nativewindows - it plays MIDI music using native Windows functions and also plays background sound/music effects.

It was mentioned already, but Albion appeared on GOG.com. (If you don't own a copy of Albion you should buy it.)
I updated the installation instructions in case you want to use the GOG.com version.

Last edited:
Hi,

I updated Albion to version 1.5.4

Download it here:

Repo

Changes:

* fix bug in the original code

I also updated the Linux and Windows versions.

Windows version also contains new MIDI plugin (selected by default): nativewindows - it plays MIDI music using native Windows functions and also plays background sound/music effects.

It was mentioned already, but Albion appeared on GOG.com. (If you don't own a copy of Albion you should buy it.)

I updated the installation instructions in case you want to use the GOG.com version.
Thank you so much, especcially for adding support for the the GoG-version.

I'll take a look at the code, in the meantime, Rainer and Sira have both a stack of arrows with more than 99 items - split both stacks and you can sail off.

Normally you can't stack things to more than 99 items, the only exception seems to be when buying from unlimited number of items. I think I'll try to limit the number of things you can buy to 99.

Huh. Ok then. Bought a stack of 255 (from the infinite source, as you say) and just split it between them. I loaded it up in DosBox and it didn't have a problem.

The problem is a bug in the original code - NULL pointer dereferencing. So the problem is present also in DosBox, but instead of crashing it just reads some value from memory.

BTW fine Iskai dagger can be equiped on the tail - same damage as Iskai short-sword, lower weight, nice side-effects (Strength+Close range combat).

So the problem is present also in DosBox, but instead of crashing it just reads some value from memory.
Doh, I hate bugs like that, where its wrong but just kind of works anyway by convenience until one day it doesn't.At any rate, carry on the good work. :)

I did have another crash later, after Melthas joins and the first time you sleep for the cut scene, but it only happened the first time, I wasn't able to reproduce it no matter how many times I tried so not sure if it's useful at all. Could just be the same NPE from before just conveniently reading a not-invalid value.

Back