Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

I personally own a sig550 as I have no other choice being swiss and I just can't wait the day I'll be able to throw this thing out of my house...

But how long will this last ? I don't want to be 85 before I can buy that ar-15 I've always wanted .
No offense, but why does someone "need" an assault weapon (or a weapon at all) ?
When you like to shoot . Not at a human or animal ( although I do hunt deer ) just at inanimate target . True they are more dangerous then say ... Throwing a basket ball at your target but - if the world goes to crap I like to have something to depend on . I don't tell people to buy guns . I tell them I BUY guns . It's just one of those things , you love it or you hate it , but please respect it so long as I don't abuse it . I hope I don't mortify you but I see a well made gun as a functional machine . I would hope to god ( I'm atheist so that's an expression btw ) I would never have to use one to do harm , but when it hits the fan I'm not going to take it laying down . I'm too friking stubborn .

elwing : I thought you guys had a choice in whether to go through with joining the citizens militia ( I've only read a tiny bit on how your defense system works so excuse me if I'm missing something obvious ) ?

If so I'd gladly buy it from you - pretending international shipping of guns is allowed ... JK I know that would both get us jail time .

Last edited by a moderator:
elwing : I thought you guys had a choice in whether to go through with joining the citizens militia
not really, through it's easy to get "rejected" the problem in that case is that I'll have to pay something around 3% of my house anual income in tax.. (yes house income, that include my wife salary as well...)

I can't stand paying more than 3k$ each year to avoid that...

it's done but still this thing as nothing to do in my house...

by the way this talk about swiss army fits nicely in the "Absurdism corner"...

When you like to shoot . Not at a human or animal ( although I do hunt deer ) just at inanimate target .
I can "understand" it to a certain extent if weapons are used as tools for sports as there is a lot of physical and mental control needed to be a good marksman/women.But shooting at living targets (never did, only on silhouettes or digital targets) always appeared to me as an act of cowardice.

True they are more dangerous then say ... Throwing a basket ball at your target but - if the world goes to crap I like to have something to depend on .
How likely is that ?

elwing : I'm not criticizing your country . To many of you with sigs ( they'll outlast the guns I got ! )

thatgui : as an act of cowardice ... I hope you mean from the way a no gooder would use a gun . I see hunting as a way to put organic , free range meat on the table . It makes me sick the way people kill animals for the home decor . Nothing wrong with keeping a souvineer , but that's icing on the cake .

How likely ? Not very , but how likely was it that Russia ( no offense if anyone here is from Russia ) is now missing a noticeable amount of soviet era nukes ? Not that firearms would do anything to a nuke - but you stuff happens . Kinda like the " legit explanation for making backups of your games " as in hard to explain to someone outside of whatever it is you are inside of .

At any rate ... Your country doesn't poke it's nose where it doesn't belong . Almost every major war or conflict we have been in one was started by someone else . Not pointing fingers .

as an act of cowardice ... I hope you mean from the way a no gooder would use a gun . I see hunting as a way to put organic , free range meat on the table . It makes me sick the way people kill animals for the home decor . Nothing wrong with keeping a souvineer , but that's icing on the cake .
Nope, I meant it straight. If you hide far away and just pull a trigger to kill something, does not seem very "not cowardice" (sorry, I'm lacking the right adjective right now) to me.
How likely ? Not very , but how likely was it that Russia ( no offense if anyone here is from Russia ) is now missing a noticeable amount of soviet era nukes ? Not that firearms would do anything to a nuke - but you stuff happens . Kinda like the " legit explanation for making backups of your games " as in hard to explain to someone outside of whatever it is you are inside of .
That does not prove any point at all
2bit said:
...Almost every major war or conflict we have been in one was started by someone else..
Please name a few

Attachments

• 735186_10151191446847447_58207684_n.jpg
    735186_10151191446847447_58207684_n.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 119
soup.jpg

Love the serving suggestion, which appears to be : Make your soup then stick a cock in it.

Meanwhile, on the boards, when truncation goes wrong :

Complete this well known phrase :

truncation.jpg

Thatgui is right, firearms are for cowards.

As a western martial artist, I have to say this.

if the world goes to crap I like to have something to depend on
You want to learn to use a pole or cudgel, not a gun, and at least some unarmed martial arts just in case. In a "world goes to crap" scenario either bombs will be coming and your guns will be useless, or ammunition will be scarce and rogues will be high in which case your guns will be almost useless. Being able to efficiently dispatch someone in close quarters will be more useful than ranged projectiles.Recreational use is the only logical reason to own a gun: it's fun to shoot and you feel there should be no reason you can't continue to enjoy your hobby, I respect that. The safety argument, on the other hand, is extremely muddy right now and requires deeper thought than most people (especially those with influential power to change the laws, I am regret to say) are willing to put forth and I can't muster the same respect for it, at least not until those using it take a step back and recognize the problem is larger than they describe it.

I own a ruger sr9c and have a ccw. The ONLY reason I have it is for protection. I am the father of 4 and it is my duty to protect them and, I'm sorry, I can not ninja kick someone with a gun who wants to harm me or my family. If martial arts was all that was required for protection, our police and troops would not carry guns. The fact of the matter is that guns are real and crazy people with guns are real and the only real protection against such a threat is being on an equal playing field with your enemy. If you go after someone who is holding a gun with the intent of physically subduing him, he'll just shoot your ass like Indiana Jones did the sword guy in The Last Crusade.

You can't get rid of the guns, to many have them and to many want them. Even if they were completely illegal it would just be another thing for the Cartel to smuggle and profit on. Meaning only people who don't care about laws (criminals) would have guns and people who do care about laws would have no way to protect themselves from criminals with guns. Please don't tell me that's what police are for either, 90% of the time police get to a crime scene after all the damage has been done. Plus if the shit did hit the fan, as history has shown time and time again is very possible, the police are only human and would want to protect there own families first leaving an even larger gap between threat to your life and the police responding.

Bombs coming doesn't make guns useless, are you seriously saying that the only break down in society possible is total global nuclear annihilation? What about civil wars, riots, floods, earthquakes, etc.? Anything that lets criminals run amuck with guns and take what they please from the defenseless is a threat to me and my family and the possibility (however small or big that possibility may be) of it happening is reason enough for me to buy a gun and be trained how to use it to effectively protect my family and those around me from such harm. 

All that being said, I value human life, and the last thing I'd ever want to do is kill someone. If someone tries to rob me for my wallet, they get my wallet, not a bullet to the chest. If they break into my home and take my valuables without finding me or my family and leave, I call the police, not chase him down and shoot him. On the other hand if I believe the life or physical well being of me or another is in eminent danger I will defend such danger with my gun as a last resort. For example, if I was in that movie theater when that crazy ass opened fire on the people around me, and I had a clean shot, I would not have hesitated to take it to save lives. There is nothing wrong with that. Police do this everyday and no one has a problem with that. Police are no different than you or me, they are simply trained properly. Lethal force is to be respected and not taken lightly. Proper training, mental health screening, and background checks are essential to gun safety. Restricting rifles made to look like full auto military assault rifles or the amount of ammo a clip can carry, can not and will not stop gun violence. 

I own a ruger sr9c and have a ccw. The ONLY reason I have it is for protection. I am the father of 4 and it is my duty to protect them and, I'm sorry, I can not ninja kick someone with a gun who wants to harm me or my family. If martial arts was all that was required for protection, our police and troops would not carry guns. The fact of the matter is that guns are real and crazy people with guns are real and the only real protection against such a threat is being on an equal playing field with your enemy. If you go after someone who is holding a gun with the intent of physically subduing him, he'll just shoot your ass like Indiana Jones did the sword guy in The Last Crusade.

You can't get rid of the guns, to many have them and to many want them. Even if they were completely illegal it would just be another thing for the Cartel to smuggle and profit on. Meaning only people who don't care about laws (criminals) would have guns and people who do care about laws would have no way to protect themselves from criminals with guns. Please don't tell me that's what police are for either, 90% of the time police get to a crime scene after all the damage has been done. Plus if the shit did hit the fan, as history has shown time and time again is very possible, the police are only human and would want to protect there own families first leaving an even larger gap between threat to your life and the police responding.

Bombs coming doesn't make guns useless, are you seriously saying that the only break down in society possible is total global nuclear annihilation? What about civil wars, riots, floods, earthquakes, etc.? Anything that lets criminals run amuck with guns and take what they please from the defenseless is a threat to me and my family and the possibility (however small or big that possibility may be) of it happening is reason enough for me to buy a gun and be trained how to use it to effectively protect my family and those around me from such harm. 

All that being said, I value human life, and the last thing I'd ever want to do is kill someone. If someone tries to rob me for my wallet, they get my wallet, not a bullet to the chest. If they break into my home and take my valuables without finding me or my family and leave, I call the police, not chase him down and shoot him. On the other hand if I believe the life or physical well being of me or another is in eminent danger I will defend such danger with my gun as a last resort. For example, if I was in that movie theater when that crazy ass opened fire on the people around me, and I had a clean shot, I would not have hesitated to take it to save lives. There is nothing wrong with that. Police do this everyday and no one has a problem with that. Police are no different than you or me, they are simply trained properly. Lethal force is to be respected and not taken lightly. Proper training, mental health screening, and background checks are essential to gun safety. Restricting rifles made to look like full auto military assault rifles or the amount of ammo a clip can carry, can not and will not stop gun violence. 
Here in Germany nearly no one is allowed to carry a gun and as a result there are very few guns existent at all and most of the crimes involve knifes.

I could easily break a guy with a knife into pieces with one of my walking sticks, not to mention with dagger, rapier or sword.

Back