Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

Strange , I thought it’s Degrees * , (grad)
Like in „40 degrees fever, „ or 30 degrees in the shadow“
When you say 'degrees' that's short for degrees celcius.or degrees fahrenheit, although in your case I assume celisus because a 40 degree F fever seems very unlikely to me. Ptitseb only referred to Kelvin which are never degrees Kelvin, they're just Kelvin or K for short, and generally easy to spot, because if you're talking about the environment either outside or inside our bodies, the numbers will be in the high 300s.

y7zw3ec9szy81.jpg

I saw yesterday a Video of Tolkien, where he explained why the ditnt flew whit the Eeagles to Mordor:
He said something like that it was because otherwise, the books where too short and not that interessting..
Saw quite strange Stuff the last few days:
Also a Video from the American Military in WW2, where someone dit explain how to behave in England..
(The Strange Money System, how to be in a Pup, and what to avoid when you got invaded to English Citicen for a Soup)..

So we know that 0°C = 32°F

So if we use Celsius math: 0°C + 0°C = 0°C
If we use Fahrenheit math: 32°F+32°F = 64°F ( or is it: 32°F+32°F = 32°F ? )
Thus: 0°C = 64°F

conclusion: Fahrenheit math is weird.
The mistake is confusing absolute Celsius values with relative Celsius values and giving them the same name.

Celsius uses an arbitrary 0-point that is not the 0-point of it's physical quantity. Because of that there are two different kinds of Celsius values, those being absolute values which start with the arbitrary 0-point of Celsius and relative values where 1°C is equal to 1 Kelvin.

More specifically, 0°C + 0°C = 0°C is only correct when using relative Celsius, but 0°C = 32°F can only hold when using absolute Celsius. So you need to use separate dimensions for the two forms of Celsius in order to make your math correct. But if you do that then your logic becomes incorrect because you would not be able to make certain valid substitutions that your logic depends on.

Both Fahrenheit and Celsius have the problem of arbitrary 0-points. Kelvin does not, because Kelvin's 0-point is the true 0-point of temperature. Out of the three Kelvin is superior. Support Kelvin by specifying temperatures in Kelvin.

Back