Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

f0fj9oiqs3w81.jpg

Today I learned that plants have eyes...

So not only do they like classic music, it seems I need to show them the classic music performance on TV... good to know.

edit (someone else posted this):

Aktchu-ally, the part about it mimicking plastic plants is not really scientifically confirmed.
"In a 2022 paper, it was suggested that the plant has some sort of vision using ocelli. This hypothesis was presented on the basis of experiments in which the vine appeared to mimic plastic vines and artificial plants. However, the only control used was the lower leaves on the same plants, with an opaque shelf over them which could have influenced light exposure. The lack of control plants climbing anything apart from the same model of artificial host plant makes it plausible that the observed differences were due to age and light exposure." Sauce - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boquila

Last edited:
My internet was out for about five minutes. As soon as it comes back on, I get an email telling me there’s a service outage in my area. *shrug*
I get email on my phone - I run IMAP, so it is a duplicate of the inbox on my home PC - and the phone service-provider uses a different network to my terrestrial ISP. So for me, it makes sense.

I also manage remote networks, so it is quite useful to get an email from the local (to the remote equipment) ISP telling me of an outage. While my own end-to-end monitoring will tell me of the lack of end-to-end connectivity, it's nice when the ISP owns up to the outage being their 'fault' so I don't have to start fault-finding the whole end-to-end service.

Back