Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

jh5lcdpb3o651.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: rSl
Seems like the trophies are based on some kind of epoch of Dec 24, 2015 rather than the actual join dates etc. Maybe that is when trophies were added?

Yes, that seems to be the date that the forum software was upgraded, and we all got the ability to have trophies; I got a whole glut of them on that date. I got a two year trophy on that date, but in Aug 2017 I got five points for being here for a year, and I've had nothing since.

Shame people into giving their blood for free only so that you can sell it? I wonder if such a business model would work for other occupations, such as selling food:
"Do not feed the hungry, be afraid to give food".

If they need organs so badly, then why not pay people for their organs? Would that not motivate more people to become donor? That would at least make them seem more trustworthy than the emotional manipulation and trampling of human rights that they're using now.

a state disowning people of their own body is worse
The moment you get produced by your parents, your parents go and get a serial number for you from the state. The moment you have that serial number, you are their product. Then, because the first days of your life, you are useless, the parents are allowed to keep you.
Then, you need to get indoctrinated. So you have (mandatory) schooling by teachers. You get taught, not educated. Once you are taught, you are another brick in the wall. Remember this song?

If they need organs so badly, then why not pay people for their organs? Would that not motivate more people to become donor? That would at least make them seem more trustworthy than the emotional manipulation and trampling of human rights that they're using now.
My corpse doesn't have any human rights, because it's not human any more.

Likewise, I'm not sure paying dead people is a great driver.

Back