Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

ElPoco

Very Active Member
I thought I'd heard it all, but yesterday a train was cancelled because they "didn't have enough fuel to get there".
It happened to a friend when I was studying in one of the last place in France where train lines weren't electrified (funny thing, it was 15 years ago and back then they were saying "it'll happen real soon" and they've just started working on it now). They apparently forgot to fill the tank before leaving the station and had to stop in the middle of nowhere waiting for a fuel truck to bring them the fuel.

Mese96

Yeah, trains.
Once a train just ended because the drain driver had end of work, and noone else was there to continue.

levi

Still fresh, damnit!

Edit: I lost my shit at the Toyah Willcox one, but I'm probably showing my age with that one, and as far as I know she didn't tour outside of the UK.

Last edited:

Klumpen

Run away! Run away!

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Millennial is generally born 1980 and on (the name comes from the fact they matured into adulthood around or after the millennium). Ages 0-39 by that metric, and actually it's already freaky that you could call a 39 year old a millennial.
Gen-Z is the generation before them, born about 1960-1979. They're mostly not the but of the joke just yet, but it'll just take time. Ages 40-59
And Baby Boomers or 'boomers' as they're popularly called especially when dismissing them were before then. Ages 60-79.

I'm not sure sure where Generation X fits in with that. I thought they came in between boomers and Gen-Z. And that leads to the question about what happened to Gen Y?

I've not looked at that the sun link, because it's a rag owed by Murdoch (Rupert, not the one from the A-Team), and while he doesn't own Fox any more, I'd still rather not support his business model.

rygD

Nihilistic Mystic
What the fuck are you smoking? Baby boomers are the post WWII babies. After them is Generation X, until 1982ish, depending on your source. Gen Y is after X, and started to be called millennials after the eldest became adults at some point. Gen Z is the current kids and young adults.

Different sources have different border years, but Gen Y/millennials started becoming adults in 2000, hence the change in name.

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
there are some late hippies between the boom and the anarchists, there is also an afterschock of the babyboom (the childeren of boomers) that are gen-x or millenials now.. Maybe we should think of an other scale like birthyear and just make 5 year categories.

But you know what I'm from '81 so I guess a millenial, ok boomer?