Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

funny-_Sesame-_Street-_TV-information-black-magic.png

And most movies never even angle up/down or rotate the camera viewpoint. Then there are others that DO angles in a very interesting way:
One of my favourite old analogue video camera techniques is known as Dolly Zoom (to indicate how it's done) or Vertigo Zoom (to indicate it's most famous and primary usage). You put the camera on a dolly (those miniature train tracks you sometimes see cameras on in making-of documentaries) and as you track towards or away you zoom either out or in to compensate for the perspective shift. Here's a video showing the famous examples (with some unfortunate repetitive video noise when I saw it at least that I can confirm isn't in any of the source films).

You use the zoom control of the camera to counteract the physical motion. In static photography, you generally do this zoom in and step back effect to make better use of a shallow depth of field, but on a video camera stepped down to give a very broad depth of field the effect on the geometry of the shot is remarkable. It might even be my favourite effect of all time, but god knows how the focus pullers do focus follow a complicated shot like that with moving target and moving camera, and you can see on that first Psycho shot that he misses the focus at the start of the shot of his ascending the staircase. About a year ago people figured out you could do this with modern consumer equipment using a drone instead of a dolly, and then about mid way through 2017 people figured out you could do this in video editing software (although adapting static video camera shots into fake dolly zoom isn't as effective as if you'd actually moved the camera).

The real absurdity on this is:
She is left handed but wears her watch on the left arm ..
Usually, if you left handed, you wear your watch on the right arm because then you can control it better with left..
Funny thing is that is exactly what I noticed first after the joke.

Back