Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

@iprice There is no fitting thread for that. I wonder, how many of those London riotors had been tought to use toillette paper at some point. Stop teaching your kids to use toillette paper!!! You'll definitely end up with blood on your hands.

@iprice There is no fitting thread for that. I wonder, how many of those London riotors had been tought to use toillette paper at some point. Stop teaching your kids to use toillette paper!!! You'll definitely end up with blood on your hands.
I still think it was the bread.

pc_consoles.gif

A memory of a song I learnt in primary school came to me the other day, and has been stuck in my head ever since.
Something like so:

Old mother Hubbard,
She went to the cupboard,
To fetch the poor dog a bone.
But when she got there,
The cupboard was bare,
So she threw it out the window.

The window, the window,
The second story window,
With a heave-ho and a mighty throw,
She threw it out the window!

A perusal of t'interwobs reveals many other verses and versions:

Old Mother Hubbard,
Went to the cupboard to fetch the poor doggy a bone,
But when she bent down,
The dog came around,
And gave her a bone of his own!!

;)

A memory of a song I learnt in primary school came to me the other day, and has been stuck in my head ever since.
Something like so:

Old mother Hubbard,
She went to the cupboard,
To fetch the poor dog a bone.
But when she got there,
The cupboard was bare,
So she threw it out the window.

The window, the window,
The second story window,
With a heave-ho and a mighty throw,
She threw it out the window!

A perusal of t'interwobs reveals many other verses and versions:

This sounds to me to be to the tune of 'My Old Man's A Dustman' :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Old_Man's_a_Dustman
A classic old British anthem, which itself was a popular song when I grew up, well after the original was written, and I too remember some variations of it being sung on the school bus to swimming lessons and other school trips.

One in particular I remembered, I just had to google, and found it here - Version 2:
http://www.odps.org/glossword/index.php?a=term&d=3&t=501
...However, at my school it was not sung about Germans, as mentioned in that link, but instead was 'he shot 10,000 people', and the German accent part was just sung in cockney still.

Cor Blimey! What a popular ol ditty :)

Last edited:
[...] thinking you know all about something is usually the quickest route to creepiness. Doesn't matter if the topic is religion, Twilight books, body modifications, or breakfast cereal. The point at which you extol the virtues of Life cereal and stop recognizing the possibility that you're completely wrong about its breakfast superiority is a neverending hellslide into creepytown. Before you know it, you've waged holy war against Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Source

Back