Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

Pyra Epic WIN, or PEW
441757_300x300.jpg

How was he an errand boy?, He was hired in as additional help for sure. But all the Ghostbusters were busting ass on the field because they were so busy.
Yes, but what was his function in the movie ? He was there as a "audience surrogate": being in the position of the every day man, he was there to get people into the "lore" and vocabulary of the movie. He isn't an integral part of the team, the chemistry/banter/story/whatnot revolves 95% around Murray,Aykroyd and Ramis. Plus, I bent reality a little to strengthen my postulate that everyone that does not like the new Ghostbusters movie (trailer) must be a soft racist.

Yes, but what was his function in the movie ? He was there as a "audience surrogate": being in the position of the every day man, he was there to get people into the "lore" and vocabulary of the movie. He isn't an integral part of the team, the chemistry/banter/story/whatnot revolves 95% around Murray,Aykroyd and Ramis. Plus, I bent reality a little to strengthen my postulate that everyone that does not like the new Ghostbusters movie (trailer) must be a soft racist.
They just needed someone to complete the quartet since the contract with Eddiy Murphy didn't work out, so of course he was a bit generic.
I think it was still better to have a calm, reasonable and honest person in the team to contrast the silly other guys than what we get now.

They just needed someone to complete the quartet since the contract with Eddiy Murphy didn't work out, so of course he was a bit generic.
I disagree, Murrays Role was originally written with James Belushi in mind and Ramis role was meant for John Candy. Just because an actor did not get hired did not mean the role was just cut down. Ghosbuster underwent a lot of rewrites first only by Aykroyd, later on in team with Ramis.
I think it was still better to have a calm, reasonable and honest person in the team to contrast the silly other guys than what we get now.
Exactly - and thats the whole point: Ghostbuster was a lightning in a bottle, a lot of things that (unintentionally) worked together to make Ghostbusters what it is - nothing can recreate that (regardless of whether its the original cast or a new one).

:eek:I reckon one of these days he's gonna loose one or more of his fingers on that band saw...

-Neelix
It looks less dangerous in the original tempo I guess.
At some point I thought, that he should consider getting more tools like a planer and a bevelled-edge chisel but he seems to love his band saw. ^^

I failed the fuck out that racism quiz lol.

EDIT: I notice that GradeAUnderA is a fan of Infinite Elgintensity.

51ab8d24afa96f6f1700002c.jpg

Last edited:
That gif has me confused. Is it the BernieBot that put the signs up or is it a BernieBot deciphering what the signs actually mean?

I have never seen so many feminazis and PC police officers rally behind a candidate (Hillary) before. They didn't even do it in 2008, but I guess it's because it was Obama. "You're sexist if you hate Hillary's corruption," this and, "Bernie supporters are all white, cis-gendered men, so they're racist and sexist by default," that. Hillary: the only presidential candidate that can draw both uninformed Southern voters and brainwashed Tumblr denizens together.

She really is something special.

Back