Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

9JYGQbh.jpg

Finally a camera that makes people smile, brilliant!

I wonder what the German name for those are; in English they're googly eyes, which is a peculiar enough construction already.
Interesting. That is what I call them, as well, however many items have a regional name, even within a contiguos geographical region (For example, different names I am familiar with for carbonated sweetened beverages include soda, cola, pop, and Coke as a generic term, and probably others that I haven't heard in a while. Jimmies seems to be another name for those little colorful things on sweets that I call sprinkles. Crayfish, crawfish, and crawdads are all terms for the same animals, and wikipedia tells me mudbugs is another name for them, and I may have heard that before, but not as often. I am sure there are other examples unrelated to food. Cell phone and mobile phone come to mind, but I have generally heard more of one or the other on a particular continent, yet I think I have heard both in most places.)

When I am unsure, or don't want to figure out what to use, I resort to thingy and thingies, plus the more proper and common stuff and "and such" or whatever.

English is stupid.

Get to level 50
Well... tried it, got to that third animal, and laughed a lot as some of the voices are hilarious. But... not worth getting to 50 for...
The goat was meh... (get it, get it?) Liked the cow and... well... if you want to know.. why not play/pay?

University of Southern California cancels ‘Legends of the Games Industry’-Event because all the participants were male:
http://heatst.com/culture-wars/usc-...games-industry-event-for-not-including-women/
http://nichegamer.com/2016/04/28/star-game-industry-panel-cancelled-last-hour-not-including-women/

I remember a time when sex didn't matter much and it was all about skill and effort.
Now women who could have benefited from the event and could have learned something from some of the big ones to get their foot in the industry get locked out from the event like everyone else.
Forced inclusivity shooting itself in the foot as always.

Last edited:
Well... tried it, got to that third animal, and laughed a lot as some of the voices are hilarious. But... not worth getting to 50 for...
The goat was meh... (get it, get it?) Liked the cow and... well... if you want to know.. why not play/pay?

Ha! Yeah it was a bit much to jump from level 5 to level 50 for the upgrade ... but that 3rd one sounding so much like a profanity had me laughing a lot

I wonder what the German name for those are; in English they're googly eyes, which is a peculiar enough construction already.
Afaik, there is no uniform naming, I have heard "Wackelaugen" and "Kulleraugen" , but I am curious: why is german some form of "reference" ?

Today a few of us at work were getting pizza, so I was on the local PizzaGoGo website to peep the ingredients... Just in case I fancied something different for once.
Saw an image with text saying "Gold Pizza".
It linked to this page
http://www.pizzagogo.co.uk/gold-pizza

If you don't have PizzaGoGo in your neck of the woods, it ain't something particularly fancy, I normally get the lunchtime 7" Pizza with a coke for £1.99
So was bit surprised to see that offer :)

£500!
I wonder if they'll even sell one of them

If you don't have PizzaGoGo in your neck of the woods, it ain't something particularly fancy, I normally get the lunchtime 7" Pizza with a coke for £1.99
So was bit surprised to see that offer :)

This is a joke, right?
A 10'' pizza (smallest size) is usually around 9€ here at most deliveries, which is why I make them myself.
That's regional pricing for you.

Yeah, that doesn't sound too tasty.

There are major chains here that sell pizzas for $5, with that being the main thing sold by one of them (Little Caesars). That shouldn't be a surprise with how fat this country is getting. Better quality healthy food is much more expensive.

This is a joke, right?
A 10'' pizza (smallest size) is usually around 9€ here at most deliveries, which is why I make them myself.

What you mean, the £1.99 price?
No joke, that's only daytime thing though, but if you regular you can get them to sell you it during nighttime too.
The £1.99 small Pizza and can of drink is common around town, when you get a bit further out some PizzaGOGO shops do it for £2.99 but the ones near me have to do £1.99 to stay competitive... There's another 3 Pizza shops withing 50 metres of it who all do same deal

This is a joke, right?
Yupp, at least the bigger Franchise Companies are somehow expensive here in germany. I wanted to go in a Pizza Hut once but their prices are just ridiculus, over 10€ for a small (!!!) Pizza (what I call small) and that was 10 Years ago, I bet they cost even more now. Can't imagine they are that successful with that prices, McDonalds is also compared expensive in germany if you look at the US prices but not to much difference.

Well I go to McStupid maybe once in a year and only if I have vouchers but I prefer to make my own Hamburgers and these are much better! :D And I only take the "Sub of the Day" from Subways (even more expensive imho). Pizza usualy from the Supermarket, way cheaper than from delivery service.

This is too much fun!
Get to level 50

http://www.findtheinvisiblecow.com

What have you done to me? Why did you do this?! I have things I wanna do tomorrow!!!
[doublepost=1461991832,1461991558][/doublepost]
That shouldn't be a surprise with how fat this country is getting. Better quality healthy food is much more expensive.

Hmm? Bro, you're strongly implying we're not already fat. Our agriculture subsidies are basically Communist-levels, so this really should be no surprise.

Back