A tale of snow, tons of server requests and coordinates (2011-12-16)

Incredible... :)

I almost wrote off the 300+ $ I paid for my Pandora when my 3 year old daughter was born...

It would be amazing if I actually end up getting it and have her play on it on the first day I get it!

Happy to see you have not given up Evildragon, keep it up!

I still have my order acknowledgement for my Pandora (from Jan 2009) sitting in my wallet. I take it out occasionally and have another look at it - it's now getting very fragile, a little yellowed, and some of the edges have worn away. My wife still thinks I will never get my Pandora - but I haven't given up hope yet .... (keeping myself going with my Sony Xperia Play)

Well done ED for staying the course!

Quick update:

Global Components are currently loading the machine with Pandora parts, so prototype run is either starting today or early tomorrow.

They've also spoken to the bare board factory. They placed the order for the 1000 bare PCBs already - and we've got time to confirm it until tomorrow.

Then we'll get the PCBs before Chinese New Year!

So if the PCBs work without any issues tomorrow, we'll still start with the production in January! :)
If...

Sounds a bit wobbly, but I hope for the best. :)

If...

Sounds a bit wobbly, but I hope for the best. :)
Given the history, there's really only one thing that can go wrong: the pick and place machine puts a part in the wrong spot. Maybe it's off by a millimeter, or has the wrong part number. Such an error should be easy to correct.

The other things that could go wrong require the boards themselves to be catastrophically bad, or MWeston to not know what he's doing, neither one I wish to pursue any line of thought on at the moment.

sigh....c'mon Caine, you're not new here...Two Months, remember?

I'd like to see him complete Manic Miner.

My mum completed Manic Miner - that was 28 years ago and I still haven't got past the Solar Power Generator. The shame of being a child at school in the 80s whose mum was better at Manic Miner than he was :)

Still, it did mean that when Jet Set Willy came out she rushed out and bought it.

I'm going to let her play with my Pandora this Christmas - though once she sees Superfrog again after all these years I may have trouble getting it back :)

I'd like to see him complete Manic Miner.

My mum completed Manic Miner - that was 28 years ago and I still haven't got past the Solar Power Generator. The shame of being a child at school in the 80s whose mum was better at Manic Miner than he was :)

Still, it did mean that when Jet Set Willy came out she rushed out and bought it.

I'm going to let her play with my Pandora this Christmas - though once she sees Superfrog again after all these years I may have trouble getting it back :)
Now you know what to buy your mum next year. :p

EvilDragon,

did you ask Nikolaus about using the same os or at least same programms? Since the GTA04 and the pandora are pretty similar in hardware a lot of software which runs on the gta04 (qt moko is quite nice as pda) can run on the pandora and vice versa.

One of you guys didn't happen to break a mirror at the start of this whole thing, did you...? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back