A small insight into my Mega Man collection (because some folks asked :P)

wow, i now understand why you have a megaman budget, as even looking at amazon, there is a buttload of megaman stuff out there, much of it not as cheap as i wouldve thought, and this (link) lets me believe that megaman is only 4feet2inches(1m27cm) if thats a 1/10 scale and figurine is 5inches tall, that cant be true, right?

How do you know, have you met him in person?

Or... I suspected that for some time now, but I have to ask...

Are you Mega Man?
Hahaha, no (impossible), and no (I'm neither male nor a robot). :lol:

I just have a love of trivia from sourcebooks and other such materials. :p

Hahaha, no (impossible), and no (I'm neither male nor a robot). :lol:

I just have a love of trivia from sourcebooks and other such materials. :p
this post is empty of pics....you know im gonna bother you until i deplete you of awesome megaman pics

I have to confess, I never ever player a Mega Man game in my life (although being a big fan of platformer games) - which by the way I count as one of my biggest shortcomings in term of video games (along with Final Fantasy, which I also never played).

Seeing this great collection I just have to finally play one of those when I get my Pandora (then probably get addicted), so my question is: Which title would you recommend for an entry to the series? (don't mind difficulty, I highly enjoyed SMB ;) )

foxblock out

this post is empty of pics....you know im gonna bother you until i deplete you of awesome megaman pics
Like I said, I don't think I can feasibly take any more. :p

Seeing this great collection I just have to finally play one of those when I get my Pandora (then probably get addicted), so my question is: Which title would you recommend for an entry to the series? (don't mind difficulty, I highly enjoyed SMB ;) )
Now that's a surprisingly difficult question to answer. :lol:

But, stepping back from my personal favourites, the only possible answer is Mega Man 2 for the NES - it's the game that put the series on the map, and there's a good reason for that, and for the fact that it eternally ages well. The first one is very unrefined by comparison (no E-Tanks, no password system, and so on), and it doesn't handle as well (Mega Man is *INCREDIBLY* slippery, and there is a strange design choice in that hitting spikes whilst invincible from an enemy impact will still insta-kill you). I would recommend that one, too, but only after trying Mega Man 2 and/or some of the others first. The first game could quite fairly be described as being an acquired taste.

The only other thing I can say is to avoid Mega Man: The Wily Wars (MD), which is a game featuring reprogrammed 16-bit versions of the first three games (plus an exclusive bonus game after completing them all). The reason I say this is because it's full of bugs, handles poorly (an entire one-and-a-half second pause when you try to change direction is not acceptable, and the originals absolutely do not have this problem), has horrible ear-splitting renditions of the NES tunes, and has no charm. :p (According to Mega Man Official Complete Works, Capcom actually changed their internal QC policies after the disaster that this game was during its production, in order to prevent similar in the future. Apparently they felt sorry for the fellow who headed up the external team that it had been contracted out to, as well, because of the mess it turned out to be. Anyone wondering why it was never released in the US, or why it has never been re-released in any form, probably has an answer in this.)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Hah, that's pretty cool. :D I wonder if an image like that exists featuring MegaMan.EXE from the Battle Network series? After all, that particular series has a lot in common with Tron.

That is a good graphic

And megaman tron looks a lot more modern than 'tron guy' :)

he is a leg though

@Prometheus: Thanks for the recommendation, I will see whether I can find that game next time I am on a flea market :)

^ If you really like it, once you're used to its handling and have mastered the game, I highly recommend this very challenging and devious hack of it.

I also have a new photograph, showing a new addition to the collection which just arrived with me today.

Proto_Man_Keychain.png

It's a keychain of Proto Man. I've never seen one before, and I figured I probably never would again, so I nabbed him as soon as I saw him. I have no doubt that others exist, although at this point I have no idea which other characters were produced in this set, if it is indeed part of a set.

one picture? wtf is this? you started off so nicely, than just shut down. im not asking for pictures of the games and stuff, as a google search will easily show me what those look like, i wonna see more of these little figurines and awesome rare stuff

^ You've pretty much exhausted my supply of pictures of the rare stuff, already. :lol: Some of the rest is where I don't have access to it for the foreseeable time being. :p

Oh, alright, alright... Nineteen more photographs, but these are pretty much the last ones I'll be able to do. :p

15th_Anniversary_Bobble-head_Pin.png

Firstly, we have a pin of MegaMan.EXE, made to commemorate the Mega Man series' 15th anniversary. This actually has two pins and backers in order to hold it in place securely. His head is oversized because it's on a spring, and wobbles a bit. It's a bobble-head pin. :p

Rockman_7-11_Pin.png

Rockman (Mega Man). The first of a set of pins from Japanese branches of 7-11, issued to promote the release of Rockman 8 - Metal Heroes over there. These all have relatively bad paint-work, as you will see below.

Forte_and_Gospel_7-11_Pin.png

Forte and Gospel (Bass and Treble). This one is one of the best-looking pins in this set.

Forte_7-11_Pin.png

Forte (Bass) again, but this time on his own. Has a lot of wrong colouration, and for some reason they used Mega Man 7 artwork for this one, even though the set was promoting the eighth game.

Blues_7-11_Pin.png

Blues (Proto Man). Another pretty decent looking pin, considering the quality of the set as a whole.

Tengu_Man_7-11_Pin.png

Fan-favourite Robot Master, Tengu Man, giving his fan-favourite thumbs-down pose.

Grenade_Man_7-11_Pin.png

The explosives-lunatic, Grenade Man. Another one of the better-looking pins in this set.

Aqua_Man_7-11_Pin.png

Aqua Man, most famous for being the Robot Master who has, as a catch-phrase, "I'm Aqua Man, but you can call me handsome, guy!", makes for an especially ugly pin in this set.

Sword_Man_7-11_Pin.png

Sword Man, from the 7-11 set. Probably one of the worst-looking ones.

Those are all I have from that set, and as far as I know they're the only ones that were made (the whole bunch was sold to me in its packaging as a complete set, and the incomplete sets I've seen were said to only be missing one or two of the pins that I've shown here). It's possible that this is wrong, though, as clearly the ones pictured above do not cover all of Mega Man 8's bosses, or the at-that-point new character, Duo.

Bootleg_Pin_1.png

This pin is from a bootleg set. It depicts the "Jet Mega Man" power from Mega Man 6, and was at one time the most common of the bootlegs out there. It's really hard to photograph due to being very reflective.

Continued in next post, due to hitting the image limit again... Sorry about the multi-posts, Gruso and friends - it's the only way to do this (when posts made in a short space of time auto-merge, the images are lost). :p

Bootleg_Pin_2.png

The second of the bootleg set, this one showing the "Power Mega Man" ability from Mega Man 6.

Bootleg_Pin_3.png

The third, and to my knowledge final, pin in the bootleg set. There is a distinct bit of irony here in that it, and its brethren, are much better-looking pins than the officially-licensed 7-11 set.

Pin_from_Germany.png

A mysterious little pin that I bought from a fellow in Germany. As far as I know, it is official, but I have no information on it or its origins. It's clearly from the time of Mega Man 3 for the NES, or thereabouts, though.

Rush_Plush.png

I forgot to mention it before, but I also have Rush from that set of plushes that I mentioned in the first post.

Doll-style_Keychain.png

A rather goony-looking "doll-style" keychain, made to promote the series' 20th anniversary. He originally came on one of those annoying ball-chains, so I swapped it out for a proper keyring, instead. (They also made a matching one in the style of Geo Stellar from MegaMan Star Force so that both the oldest and newest series in the franchise were covered, but I didn't like that one as much, and never bought one.) On my display, this photograph shows him only a few millimetres bigger than actual-size.

Last of all, there is a small set of items which I find a bit amusing, because they all focus on the ubiquitous hard-hat-wearing Metool (also rendered as "Metall" or "Mettaur") enemies, which are well-known for being the most common ones in the games (as well as what the design of Bon Bonne, of the MegaMan Legends series, is based upon).

Metool_Plush.png

This is a very, very old official Metool plush. He was a resident in one of the stores I buy from for a very long time. He looked somehow kind of sad, and nobody else seemed to want to buy him, so I figured that I should give him a home. He's probably the oldest item in my collection, aside from the first game, obviously. I don't know of an exact date, but speculation out there places the time of his production at around the time of the release of the first or second Game Boy Mega Man game. He's my favourite of the Metools, because I rather like his expression.

Custom_Metool_1.png

A custom-made Metool that I bought (he wasn't made by me). He bears a bit of resemblance to The Brain (of Pinky and The Brain fame), from Animaniacs.

Custom_Metool_3.png

A crocheted Metool. I don't crochet, but when I saw this guy, I had to have him. In a neat twist, his hard-hat is removable.

Custom_Metool_2.png

A quite large plush Metool, with an 8-bit sprite-style look to him. Again, not made by me.

There's no point in taking pictures of the DVDs (Mega Man: A Hero is Born, Mega Man: Battle for the Future, Mega Man: Upon a Star, and MegaMan Star Force - EM Wave Change! On Air!), or the soundtrack CDs I currently have (Rockman 9 Original Soundtrack, Rockman 9 Arrange Soundtrack, and the R10 Image Soundtrack), as these are all listed on Amazon, and/or Google, and/or Play-Asia, and I'm not going to spend ages photographing clothing which can be seen by image-searching. :p Almost everything else is in storage, so I literally cannot photograph it.

Is megaman sexist?Whatever happenend to MEGAWOMAN? :D
There was a "Mega Girl" in one episode of Captain N: The Game Master, although naturally that's non-canonical. Also, Roll (Mega Man's younger sister) appeared in fighting armour in one of the anime episodes produced to promote Japanese tourism and cultural awareness, which are on the DVD "Mega Man: Upon a Star". :p

I think we are going to have to make her, her own megawoman platformer. Will we get in trouble if we do that? Copyright and such?
I can scarcely even imagine that. If you're not joking, then I'd have no idea how to react. :p

Would be funny that,an opensource megawoman game. :D

Didnt know megaman had a sister.

Back