A Fundraiser for a new N64 GPU plugin

I have one question though.. GLES Support? :p
Yes:

System requirements are: graphics card with support of OpenGL 4.2 or better. GLideN64 is also being ported to the Android OS, however the Android version is less functional. System requirements for Android: OS version 4.0 or above, OpenGL ES 2.0 support, fast CPU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pandora has OpenGL ES 2 support so the plugin should work in theory.

Put $40 towards it. Some people might ask why but N64 emulation is a difficult fete and GPU emulation seems to be the weakest point in a lot of emulators. Shiny graphics appeal to me :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Note from the page

If 8,000 USD are collected I will be able to complete the Android port. The current Android build works quite slow and has many glitches which desktop builds have not. Android debugging is a tedious process, plus some investment in Android devices with different graphics chips may be necessary.
The Android port (OpenGLES2.0) is still in early porting and is slow and glitchy. He'll devote more time to fixing it if he reaches $8000. If he doesn't, I don't expect there'll be a benefit to using this (possibly slow and glitchy) vs any other plugin.

It's GPL, so I guess even if he doesn't do the OpenGLES port, someone else could do it. But I guess it won't be an easy port.

Isn't the Pyra supporting OpenGL this time around?  Or is it not a recent enough version of OpenGL to work with the plugin? 

-Glyph Reader

Back