7Th Of May Near Over In China

fusion_power said:
3 days just for transporting to the Airport? How far away is this Factory from the next town? :lol:

Even in China Sunday is a free day :D

Last edited:
Here's to hoping that everything is a-ok when they arrive. I'm sure if we all hold hands, close our eyes and chant, everything will go smoothly... no funny business though, I'm looking at YOU Alerino

www.MessenTools.com-Varios-big-016.gif

Done.

Attachments

• www.MessenTools.com-Varios-big-016.gif
    www.MessenTools.com-Varios-big-016.gif
    33.5 KB · Views: 54
EvilDragon said:
fusion_power said:
3 days just for transporting to the Airport? How far away is this Factory from the next town? :lol:

Even in China Sunday is a free day :D
But not the Saturday. ;)
And I've seen alot Documentions about China and how they work. 7 Days a week is nothing unusual there. Sunday? What is Sunday. I guess they could speed up some things at least for us because we are still waiting forever. I hope this is going onto their nerves too. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright Michael, get that flight booked for tuesday(pending UPS tracking monday of course)!

Arrive on wed, and start board mods on thur, and cases and assembly start on monday. Sounds good right?

2 more weeks! LOL ;)

Chris

Let's not get enthusiastic yet. The last time the factory said they would ship was two weeks ago.

Confirmation of reception of a tracking number or it didn't happen.

If I start to hyperventilate now in anticipation of units actually shipping, will I run out of air before the first shipped unit(s) arrive?
So close, yet so far away.

Don't get too excited...there's still this sleeping fella http://www.ruv.is/katla/

@ sugar_cane
No chanting please. It might wake katla and I guess he's a bit moody after a century of sleep.

EvilDragon said:
Naah. 12 Cartons with 207kgs alltogether are ready. The flight they will take (they need to be transported to the airport first) will be on Monday.
Yay!
Unless this is confirmation that the package is actually out of the factory and in UPSs questionably capable hands, you'll have to forgive my hesitation in celebration :)
(ok, maybe a little celebration. yay!)

Meanwhile, on the Internetzzz...

OpenPandora: "You did not include the keymats and various other parts of the case! Why are these not included? We cannot deliver incomplete units to our customers!"

China: "Parts you not ask. Only case. Case is paint now and black like ask you. We make other parts soon. It is OK!"

OpenPandora: "Please, we need the parts as soon as possible. Our customers are standing in front of our townhall doors and we cannot hold on much longer. You MUST deliver the parts this week or the doors will break!"

China: "We say soon, we mean soon. Vacation is coming for China in two days. We try send, but soon is ready. You must believe we mean soon. Have fun with case, while we make parts."

OpenPandora: "You mean you haven't started with the other parts yet?!"

China: "That is why we say soon. We start soon, not send soon. Promise is promise. China delivers promises!"

WizardStan said:
EvilDragon said:
Naah. 12 Cartons with 207kgs alltogether are ready. The flight they will take (they need to be transported to the airport first) will be on Monday.
Yay!
Unless this is confirmation that the package is actually out of the factory and in UPSs questionably capable hands, you'll have to forgive my hesitation in celebration :)
(ok, maybe a little celebration. yay!)
I have read Sun Tsu's book. It says you should take your enemy's weapons and turn them against them.

With this in mind, my (chinese) friend is going to buy an erhu and post it to me. I have a talent for playing such instruments very very badly. If by the time erhu arrives, there is still some nonsense over cases, the guys can conference me into one of the calls and i will play the erhu!

I will take no responsibility for the resulting suicides.

Caine said:
MWeston said:
Not too far off from the real conversations there Wootson. :(
Care to be more specific?

- dying of empathetic laughter over here -

He means that that's how conversations with Chinese shops go. I've heard it myself more times than I'd care to. Mighty insightful, @Wootson. :lol:

WombleGoneBad said:
I have read Sun Tsu's book.

And still can't spell Sun Tzu right? Or are we talking about a different person altogether? :p

Sorry. Carry on with the topic :unsure:

B-ZaR said:
And still can't spell Sun Tzu right? Or are we talking about a different person altogether? :p
Well no, it's correctly spelled 孙子 (simple) or 孫子 (traditional), arguing about romanisation is pointless. :rolleyes:

Aninhumer said:
B-ZaR said:
Well no, it's correctly spelled 孙子 (simple) or 孫子 (traditional), arguing about romanisation is pointless. :rolleyes:

Yes, it is :)

Back